hit tracker

Apple sues Samsung over iPhone and iPad design 'copy'

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Apr 19, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 3,748
    MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

Oops. Apple DOES have ridiculously stringent patents on all of their stuff.

3. 385
    sped

sped Loyal Member

Jezz Apple get a grip!!

4. 70
    chipxtreme

chipxtreme Loyal Member

I've got a Galaxy S and getting a Galaxy S II the second its released, I wouldnt have any Apple product ever! **** them

5. 313
    DunnyUK

DunnyUK Loyal Member

I'm getting shut of my Windows Phone for the Galaxy S II, had a go on the Galaxy S and was really impressed.

6. 387
    cafevincent

cafevincent Loyal Member

Apple feels threatened by Android devices? Time to sell my iPhone and buy a HTC.

7. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Whats the problem, samsung giving a fully featured phobe that doesn't need you to buy apps to bring it inline with basic features of a 5 yr old phone, and further draws attention to it by looking similar.

Is that an ADW theme on there or is that the default appearance as that does look like blatant copy tho.

8. 947
    DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

It's obvious. They made some money using Apple's design and now they pay for it. What's the big deal ? Samsung deserves it.

I mean just look at it ! It's clearly a knock off. Samsung piggybacking on the iPhone's features is a no-no. If shows lack of originality. Copycat. Xerox !

Bad Samsung, bad !

9. 33
    yosaito2

yosaito2 Loyal Member

DSpider, glad I'm not the only one thinking about Xerox! Imitation is the highest form of flattery anyway.

10. 2
    Gracker

Gracker Loyal Member

Yeah, apple sure has right to make a rounded rectangle, black full-touch phone and nobody should follow.

Perhaps samsung should make triangle shaped phones? :confused:

Btw LG should sue apple for 'slavishly' copying their PRADA...

...or IBM should sue everybody for copying their SIMON

11. 681
    Mr.Do!

Mr.Do! Loyal Member

Sound Designer
    Hey apple... Lets not forget where you came from....

I guess apple quickly forgets where it got its starting ideas from.

everyone borrows ideas.. I think the patent laws need to be revamped soon.. There is a lot of suing over patents going on..

The phone does look very similar.. but so do all phones these days.. Everyone wants to look like everyone else.. So BOOOORING!!!!!!

12. 199
    twoboys

twoboys Loyal Member

Why do a lot of people on here insist in slagging down Apple products?
    I suspect most are maybe American?

Android is great but for heavens sake some people like the closed, safe and non fragmented Apple ideology. I'm not a sheep. I buy the best available products that suit my needs and my lifestyle. Yes, i have an iPhone4 an iPod and AppleTV but i also have a Motorola Xoom for everyday browsing including Facebook, email and the streaming of a fair bit of media content.

Seriously, I don't get it. Why such harsh and nasty vibes towards Apple. Someone please explain?

13. 254
    iloveme28

iloveme28 Loyal Member

i have the galaxy s and im also getting galaxy 2 the day its released, screw apple and their crappy phones :p

14. 681
    Mr.Do!

Mr.Do! Loyal Member

Sound Designer
    I happen to like a lot of apples products.. I think people slag popular things becuase its cool to do so.

My gripe with apple lately, is that they turned into almost like a "club." either you are in it or you are out of it..

Other than the people walking around with their iphones out showing them off.. I think its a nice product.. I just dont need people pushing it on me like drugs or religion...

I see far too many people "showing off" something i can easily go purchase if i want it too..

15. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

I have a Galaxy S (Vibrant) and from day 1 I've had 2 problems with it.... 1) RFS filesystem, though Samsung fixed that with later versions of the phones which now sport ext4, 2) how utterly similar to the iphone the default browser is. Good thing Android grants me control over my phone, so good bye Touchwiz launcher... you've never been missed.

Anywho, the physical similarities are there, but so are they in every other phone these days. Apple needs to back off on their control crap, or as somebody else mentioned are other cell phone manufacturers supposed to make triangle shapped phones now? Does Apple have patent rights over geometrical shapes too??

Oh another gripe with the my phone... GPS is all but useless, and it simply seems samsung doesn't know how to implement it. Only reason why I'm going to go back to HTC, since the other two I fixed promptly.

@Mr.Do!
    In my case, it's not really Apple but their fans that annoy me. Also, the coolness goes both ways, you may think we think we are "cool" because we don't like Apple, but how many people buy Apple products to be cool, be in the in-crowd, or whatever you wanna call it?

I understand liking a brand's products, but defending their every move, and snapping at people who criticize them I don't understand... nor do I want to. My take on Apple products is that they are ok, not the worst, but certainly not the best either.

16. 2,591
    EL_CAD

EL_CAD Loyal Member

Maybe because ease of use has turned into it's Apples way or the highway.

Or maybe lack of ports unless you pay extra to get an expensive dongle.

iTunes sucks, just let me put the music on myself.

Won't use SD flash memory because you should have spent extra hundreds of dollars for a small bit of extra flash memory built in.

Whys it got to be white yo?

17. 199
    twoboys

twoboys Loyal Member

Yeah I totally agree with all of the above MrDo! Some people do take the piss!

I just find it so strange though that an American Company that is shortly to become the biggest Company in America, if not the world, is slagged off so badly by many of its native inhabitants.

I'm British by the way in case you might be wondering so I'm looking at this from the outside so therefore I have no bias either way. All I see is a spectacularly profitable Company making top quality products that a lot of people WANT to buy even if they can't afford them.

I still don't get it?

18. 199
    twoboys

twoboys Loyal Member

Yeah fair enough comments but every day android becomes more controlled and locked down IMHO. Some people maybe don't want a million skins and are happy to settle for a familiar look. The ages that buy and use iOS products kind of back this up. The very young and the very old find iOS stuff easier to pick up and use. It's a matter of personal taste I suppose. I haven't done that much customization on my Xoom anyway.

I totally agree with you on the storage for sure. I would certainly love to see an SD slot on there. iTunes - no argument there either really but I will say that the more you use it the better it actually is. It is still far from perfect though.

Yes, why does it have to be white? LOL

19. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Oh become something is made in a region like japan makes psp go, they have to love it....just because!
    No there is tons of choices and many reasons people dont like apple. Ill name a few
    apple apps like itunes and how many times you can register a computer before having to delete the device to register a new 1.
    The deal between att&t and apple to trick people into 2 year contracts w/ iphones.
    Some people dont like apple products like mac (and vice versa for windows haters even though Microsoft is a American company also)

Its total dumb because a company home base is in a region you have to love that company and what ever its sold (even though the product is probably made in china). There is choices and people weigh the choices for value and for needs. I like zune way better than apple ipods because i got sick of buying ipods every year because the head phone jack died or shorted out, the screen was easily broke etc etc etc.

But wtf does it matter why people in a region chooce not to buy a product regardless of how big the company is. Its moronic like japan to not buy xbox 360 just because its not home based from japan. They miss out on a part of this gens gaming experience just being region loyal.

Its your hard earned money, spend it how you like and screw people who tell you that you should support them "just because they are from your region". Now if said company makes the best product for you, then buy it.

20. 1,017
    MadMax31

MadMax31 Loyal Member

Funny thing is that Apple is the second biggest (after Sony) semiconductor consumer from Samsung...