hit tracker

Article: 10 Reasons why the 3DS has got off to a bad launch

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Mar 31, 2011.

1. 261
    Hanzaisha

Hanzaisha Loyal Member

Terrible battery life, one analog stick... sound familiar? Hell, at least the PSP had a swappable battery to alleviate the problem for long trips. No thanks Nintendo.

2. 0
    Squirrel61

Squirrel61 Guest

Of the above list, in my opinion there are mainly 3 things that spoiled the 3DS's launch.
    - Higher price and expensive games: Couldn't agree more. I made my decision to buy a 3DS only by the end of launch day. And if it had appeared to be sold out, I doubt I would buy it in the next few months. But it wasn's sold out so I bought it. Together with only 1 game. I probably would have bought more when the console and the games both were less expensive. But luckily, my Acekard is working...
    - No killer apps. Ridge Racer could have been one if it had be done correctly. Now nobody wants it. Children like Nintendogs but they don't care if it's 2D or 3D. The people who care about 3D and have the money to buy the 3DS, usually don't play Nintendogs. Rayman doesn't seem to be the best port ever. I've only read from very few people who liked Pilotwings. And the FPS games? Well, people who like FPS don't buy a 3DS, they already have their Xbox or PS3 for that.
    - The iPad2 just came out. I think this is the most serious reason. Although both devices are totally different and thus can't be compared directly, both are high on everybody's wish list. But most people only can afford one of them. And then the iPad2 clearly wins.

3. 544
    ModderFokker

ModderFokker Loyal Member

Ipad2 ? ....who cares get me a Asus Eee Pad Transformer :p

Sexy !!!

4. 608
    Khameleon

Khameleon Loyal Member

Are you serious? People who like Nintendogs are EXACTLY the people who want the 3DS. Serious gamers know it's a gimmick, the children get excited.

5. 85
    blaydes99

blaydes99 Loyal Member

Ah, gotta love the internet, where droves of ignorant fools come to rant and give their useless opinions on business decisions. Only time will tell on this one guys. Stop being clowns.

6. 85
    blaydes99

blaydes99 Loyal Member

Wrong again - I bought the 3DS and wouldn't ever pay money for an iPad. I would cry myself to sleep every night if someone made me trade my gaming computer for the generic hipster crap that is the iPad. No thanks chump.

7. 173
    ecsw

ecsw Loyal Member

It's not about bashing nintendo, but it is a fact that 3DS is indeed not selling as expected.

iPad 2 came out 2 days in 26 countries on 25th and 3DS on 27th. I never think iPad 2 can replace any console, but most of people can't afford buying 2 gadgets in the same weekend is making it worse. Lots of my friends wanted an iPad 2 and bought total of 6 x iPad 2 last Friday when it came out but I m the only one who got the 3DS. Every stores I go to all have 5~10 3DS on the shelf easily.

3DS needs a little more time get to people.

8. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

There is crisis in the world. Dont' forgotten that Nindendo is a japanese brand and that most ds sold are in Japan. Now japan have biggest problem that think to 3DS.

9. 893
    wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

I put 20 3DS units out at my Walmart on the 27th. 10 Blacks, 10 Blues, and we haven't sold a single one yet. I was really surprise at this considering people lined up out the front for hours when the original DS came out. Here it is four days later and we only sold three 3DS games and they were all returned because the morons thought they would work on the DS. We actually had to post a big sign to let the other morons know that 3DS games only work on the 3DS.

10. 103
    niboRasooR

niboRasooR Loyal Member

No games, insane price...

Why buy?