hit tracker

Article: 20% of PS3 owners considering Xbox 360 switch

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Apr 30, 2011.

1. 313
    DunnyUK

DunnyUK Loyal Member

You shouldn't have needed the PSN problems to make a switch, if you can afford only one console then you'd be mad to take the PS3 over the 360.

2. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

The is also wii, 3ds, pc as well. Not everyone will switch to xbox 360. This could be the perfect reason for someone to buy a new comp. or maybe a ipad or something.

But for sure shopping on PSN will be a big issue even for those who forgive sony. But those who do not forgive will probably want heads on a platter for this screw up. Like fired or brought up on charges or sony as a company fined big time for the screw up and maybe even all the above.
    So people switching to another device is probably the least of sonys probs.

3. 424
    bennyb

bennyb Loyal Member

all my mates that put cc details in want to jump ship the rest arent arsed

4. 2,591
    EL_CAD

EL_CAD Loyal Member

I know and probably a lot more people can now vote with your data and wallet as well.

5. 254
    iloveme28

iloveme28 Loyal Member

i switched from the ps3 to the 360 years ago, if i hadnt already i defo would after the disaster sony has recently had :D

6. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    with the 360 sitting at $130 right now brand new, its hard to see why some users wouldn't be tempted to switch.

7. 893
    wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

Where in the hell can you get a 360 for $130 brand new?

8. 217
    Dorron

Dorron Loyal Member

LOL as if it was the solution to the problem. Same thing could happen to Live if hackers tried to.

9. 965
    John Crichton

John Crichton Loyal Member

people who want to play online and cannot have a reason to switch, too

10. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Ironic Microsoft has 5 years experience with live heading into this gen before psn even went online. Microsoft is a software based company and they know the value of security as well as what hackers can do.

Why it happened to Sony says tons and not Nintendo or Microsoft. Even on the low end of events psn is still down and gamers still cant play online. That alone would piss gamers off. But the security breach and how sony handled it, pissed off countries and governments and millions of people.

Whats funny is governments and Microsoft has both worked with hackers in the past. Sony decided to go to war with them. Thats why something like this happens to sony. By the time sony figured out it could use hackers help, it was to late. The hackers didnt even wanna help sony.

So when you look back at what has Microsoft or Nintendo done to people over the last 12 months? Then look at what sony has done. Could this happen to microsoft? Maybe, would it likely happen to microsoft? probably not since the have been around alot longer and dont walk around the gaming world looking for the smartest pc users on the planet to piss off. Nintendo tends not to do that either.

11. 279
    PSPROX

PSPROX Loyal Member

PS3, it only gives all of your personal information to Russian and Chinese hackers.

12. 6,014
    grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
    Its not just the game stores..my local craigslist has 27 listings for PS3's from today alone vs 6 for 360 in the video games section. Lots of posts in the barter section too, there are several under $100..thinking about picking one up just to use it for a media server.

13. 217
    Dorron

Dorron Loyal Member

This has happened to Sony just because they pissed off the hackers. Microsoft has dealt with hackers sooooooo many times they know it's better to allow a few hackers get what they want than going to war with them. But that doesn't mean Microsoft systems, consoles and networks are not hackable. In fact, Microsoft's OS and systems are the most hackable in history ever...so if I was a Live user I would learn from the PSN outage and delete all my CC info ASAP. Just use prepay cards and you're good to go.

14. 141
    Shadow_Satey

Shadow_Satey Loyal Member

I just won't give them my credit card number anymore. PSN Cards are the way to go. Simple fix. People are too impatient.

15. 717
    Calidrifter

Calidrifter Loyal Member

Like the article said...small scale. It does not represent all the PS3 users. Having all 3 systems I still haven't played the 360 really after playing the **** out of borderlands. Though my brother still plays it for Modern Warfare 2 online (Something about black ops sucking).While Sony dropped the ball, the simple solution is to just use PSN cards. I haven't paid for DL on PSN with a CC since disgaea 3 and that was with a re-load card that has long since been tossed. Maybe I'm paranoid, but if I see a potential risk, I tend not to take it. PSN cards...use'em. :p

16. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

I don't think so. Microsoft had attackuing problem to. There is a big difference. Ps3 game onlinee is free, Microsoft no.

17. 1,184
    Cantenna

Cantenna Loyal Member

this is a CRAP statement and total BS.

PS3 has better game and is a better all around media center!

18. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Ummmm its the most used OS in history......

19. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

BADABING!

As far as me, I won't switch, but I certainly won't ever buy another sony product... or at least don't plan to unless I absolutely must (and having 3 - 4 games I want to play isn't nowhere near enough). MS might not be any better, but if I wait out to make sure their console isn't some disposable piece of transistors and plastic I should have no problems with the next MS console. A lot of things influenced my decision:
    *) I looked the other way too much since the mid-life days of the ps2.
    *) Sony completely forgot what made the ps2 great for me, and copied what made the xbox less than desirable. By this I mean the crapload of FPS that were released, and the absolute lack of RPGs for years... I must thank sega for Valkyria Chronicles though.
    *) The removal of OtherOS is the one thing I will never forgive them for... usually I don't say never, but let me reiterate... NEVER!
    *) Their stupid legal war on hackers, who meant them no actual harm.
    *) I detest SDF members and the thought of being group together with them is sickening.

I could have forgiven the screw up of the security; however, the way they kept everyone in the dark about the whole thing is almost as unforgivable as the removal of OtherOS.

20. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

forgive sony ? lol.

better snap outta it man.

:cool:

on a side note, you must really like srpg's cuz other than that i don't see what makes people love VC.

to me it's a ps2 looking game, an i hate srpg's.