hit tracker

Article: Battlefield 3 maps to be smaller and uglier on consoles

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jul 27, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Graphics of course are not on par with pc... so they had to be cut down. maps have to be cut down to make it fun. A map designed for 64 players sucks butt with only 10. no different than bf2 for xbox 360.

3. 196
    goodall

goodall Loyal Member

Good, it's about time a developer gave some priority to the Pc version, rather than making a console to Pc port

4. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

Hamsterman-SWE Loyal Member

it can hardly be uglier than call of duty games on PS3.

5. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

That's what you think ;)

6. 888
    wewii

wewii Loyal Member

I'm perfectly happy with the current grahpics levels on 360. Outdated... but still very nice to look at. Makes you hunger for the next xbox even more. :cool:

Plus Gears of War will never be on PC again..... so xbox wins for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
  7. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

no i dont want a moh map style,i want battlefield bad company style maps,hopefully they mean that dont they?will find out when they release the beta or the vids pop up on the net.:)

8. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    I preordered the 360 version, but will probably buy the PC version too sometime.Bad Company 2 looks very good on 360, and i doubt BF3 is uglier than that.

9. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

dx 9 vs dx 10 or what eva... its not gonna be bad looking. But of course the 360 cant hold up to top of the line pc`s and it shouldn't be expected to.

But dx 9 is still great looking and any pc gamer will tell anyone. The first thing you cut for better frames per second is graphics. Thats what the devs did and its actually smart. ad they tried to keep high end graphics to match pc`s people would cry if the game ran like crap.

Game play >graphics. But it doesnt hurt to have a great looking game as well.

10. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

Bad company 2 was actually developed primarily to the console besides bf3.

11. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Third generation console time is over. Time to se Ps4 and Xbox 3, for a jump high 5-6 year, based on actual pc power.

12. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

3rd generation? wow I take what ever you are smoking, we are in the seventh generation slowly moving towards the eighth generation.

13. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

And you're probably the seventh person to mention that.. can't win don't try man. Benefits of imagining it's the third generation include feeling up to 28-29 years younger?... don't knock it.

On topic: Battlefield, Battlefield.. err console etc

14. 25
    litos0214

litos0214 Loyal Member

Seriously, can we get someone else to run this site?

15. 6,199
    Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
    Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Home Page:
    http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
    and yet we hear EA claim wii-u aka iFAD to rival or surpass this gen systems, yet claim this gen to lack power so games have to be cut down???

16. 36
    mulekick

mulekick Loyal Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one to realize that Zeus is a complete idiot. I just come to this site to be entertained by how incompetent the admins are. No where in the article is the word "ugly" or "uglier" so I assume this is Zeus's opinion.

17. 323
    richbambam360

richbambam360 Loyal Member

Postie
    ala battlefield 2 moden combat Xbox360 vs battlefield 2 PC,Are we going to see no planes in bf3 for consoles due to smaller maps?,dont to mind myself as ive pre ordered for PC,But may want a PS3 version later on

18. 814
    dwrecording

dwrecording Loyal Member

I could care less, As soon as this game comes out i am putting MW3 in the trash and never going to buy a lag filled,$15 DLC, COD games again. If you pre order this game you get all the DLC for free. And its $59. Also you get 3 free maps to start out with for free. How can anyone support COD anymore? I do not get it. Any way I think it is better to have smaller maps because there are less players, If you had huge maps you would never find anyone and the game would get old vary quick. BF2 for the PS2/XBOX was one of my fav games of all time. I hope they make this one close to how that game played.

19. 711
    trancehead

trancehead Loyal Member

Laboratory Technician
    seriously, can we get members that dont whinge at every post zeus puts up, especially when theres a news submission section.
    go here www.qj.net www.exophase.com ,you wont be missed

20. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    lag filled: you'll never get around lag on any game as long as people with crappy internet connections are still around. unless of course your referring to how developers hide the lag that exists in games in which case the lag is still there
    $15 DLC: so your complaining about $15 DLC thats released months after release, meanwhile you'll support a company who is stripping options away from people who don't preorder/buy the game on day 1? your priorities seem a little off to me. and if you honestly think EA is not going to charge for DLC later on because you bought their game with a preorder, you might want to look at the history of the company and their DLC releases in the past.