hit tracker

Article: Black Ops scope on PS3 suffers 'terrible coding' claims video

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 11, 2010.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 725
    Tsujin

Tsujin Loyal Member

Both of them are using the same reflectivity map as each other, and when hes ranting about the xbox scope being "crystal clear" the ps3 one hes saying is "full of trash" looks crystal clear too...

You know, sometimes people have valid points about the differences between ps3 and 360 games, important issues like missing foliage making the overall game look crappy, huge drops in geometry to save cpu time, things like that...
    "OMG THE PS3 SCOPE IS SHINIER THAN THE XBOX SCOPE" on the other hand, is borderline clutching at straws, what next, a comparison of disk box quality?

3. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Are you serious? 360 Fanboys on constant patrol now.

I can honestly say I did not see one bit of bloody difference.

4. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

Hamsterman-SWE Loyal Member

well he certainly never played the pc version, it is unplayable at this time.:mad:

5. 467
    chrisprocter01

chrisprocter01 Loyal Member

Engineer
    The Spammer makes a good point there ^^

anyway from the video, the ps3 version does have more glare and a foggy tint to it occasionally and as a straight comparison isn't as good as the 360's

however having said that, its not terrible, its barely noticeable. Having played both ips3 and 360 versions i've not noticed this before, now i will but its not game destroying, it doesn't hinder play.

if you have to point it out like this then its not worth complaining about

basically the ps3 scopes are 95% clear, the 360's are 98% clear, pfft who cares

6. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Right on chrisprocter01, no-one is stopping to inspect their scope whilst in the middle of a war-zone, it's aim-FIRE!

Simple, what's next? Bullet-holes appear more life-like in one version?

7. 556
    Z3R0B4NG

Z3R0B4NG Loyal Member

8. 0
    ando2k5

ando2k5 Guest

maybe he got blood in his scope?

9. 499
    buggyglint1

buggyglint1 Loyal Member

Maybe he should play the game on "one" platform.... and not worry about the extra "detail" they added to the scope on the ps3 version...

10. 6
    lizardking2

lizardking2 Loyal Member

Hey maybe the PS3 is more true to life. Maybe someone that uses the guns could
    let us know.

11. 891
    dannybII

dannybII Loyal Member

Jeez, That coming from Wings as well. If anyone isn't familliar with his channel, he is VERY pro PS3 so for him to say this I think you can safely say he knows what he's talking about. Despite the fact he's a bit erm... cranky with some of his fans/subs he's certainly a talented gamer. I think he's right up there with seananners as one who's (COD) video's I like to watch on youtube.

12. 725
    Tsujin

Tsujin Loyal Member

a pro gamer who herpaderps about "not being able to see guys dressed in black in the dark" ?, that's like herpaderping because you can't see people in the snow when theyre dressed in white.

Either way his video proof doesn't really do anything but show how anal he is, there virtually no difference between the two scopes.

13. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    scroll to about 1min40seconds and listen to him.

no one expects someone like yourself would notice a difference however.

i did see what he was talking about, but its not as noticeable when scoping from a distance. up close the scoping does look shittier, and the tint is definately there.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
  14. 402
    zecht

zecht BANNED FOREVER

Wii version destroys both. Dual analog sticks are so inferior to the nunchuck and remote it's ridiculous. I laugh when I see another player who is obviously playing with the classic controller. If herky jerky, innaccurate and unrealistic movements are what people think wins in a shooting game then keep playing with those nipples.

15. 424
    bennyb

bennyb Loyal Member

it only looks **** on the ps3 becouse the ps3 is **** and if you have not released it yet

16. 1,520
    yusky03

yusky03 Loyal Member

bumb
    Home Page:
    http://www.myspace.com/yusky03
    Once again if you care this much about graphics people... build a PC or just stop complaining about it.

17. 206
    jayjames

jayjames Loyal Member

are u lot blind! i dont play it on either console(just cod4 on pc) but i can see it clearly look at it when he looks at the carpet u can see the dirty shading on it

18. 0
    sliggo

sliggo Guest

Wii version is pony, don't try to defend it by claiming it's controls are better with nunchuck. Analogue sticks will be used for years to come nunchucks won't. I Just hope your post was sarcasm.

19. 605
    Tempos

Tempos Loyal Member

The PS3 one is arguably graphically better than the 360 version. The PS3 scope noticeably reflects the world behind it, the 360 version is much more subtle.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
  20. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    it may look like crap but he does have a point, wiimote and nunchuck are far superior to a joypad for console shooters, even the resolution isnt that much worse because 99% of generic online shooters arent even 720p let alone hd its just a massive lack of power that holds it back, if the ps3 or 360 had controls like the wii then no one would even be discussing using a joypad, kinect couldnt do it and move was a wasted opportunity because sony cheaped out by removing features that were standard on the wii remote+ / nunchuck combination.