hit tracker

Article: Blizzard sues Starcraft II hackers in LA court

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Oct 18, 2010.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 722
    stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Loyal Member

I bet these "hackers" are the same people who were goingto make / making "private servers"

financially greedily motivated decision here

however with my experience with MW2 and Aimbotters...I have grown a hate for cheaters

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
  3. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

These people are the same people behind the botting software MMOglider (formerly wowglider) im told, they ruin online economies and online gaming services for cash by selling people software to cheat with. The extent of hacking on Battle.net is not too bad but you certainly know when you meet a cheater rather than an excellent player. MMOglider in itself is responsible for making stormwind goldseller hell.

For the money i put into Blizzards games i expect them to go to every length to stop cheaters even if it means getting them into court and suing the hell out of them, I like to see people getting banned especially in games that have a serious tournament system in place.

4. 100
    tao

tao Loyal Member

lets see in my eyes cheaters have ruined and eventually help lead me to quiting. Counter Strike, Warcraft 3, Modern Warfare. It would be a sad day when hackers were all over Bnet with sc2. Dont think greed can be the motive, but more so protecing the gaming community.

5. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Cheaters which earn big money on it too, really deserves to be sued.

6. 722
    stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Loyal Member

as long as they don't attack Private Server makers and call those "hacks" then the cheaters can burn..I deal with em enough in Modern Warfare 2 for me to loathe them

7. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I don't mind single player hackers, online hackers should be sued.

I honestly hope this happens more often, online cheaters ruin the game for people who just want to have fun.

8. 215
    HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Loyal Member

hackers (as in: creators of cheating software) should be sued to death!

i HATE people who ruin online gaming experience because they are so pathetic that they need hacks ...

the creators of those hacks cannot get a worse enough punishment in my opinion.

pay all they have, and put them in jail the rest of their lives.

stupid arseholes...

9. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    A big fine, and 2-3 years in prison would maybe be enough to scare off other cheaters too.

10. 399
    poxhacker

poxhacker Loyal Member

Student
    It's sad when people start to believe we need to sue and fine people who cheat in a video game >_>. That's the world, forget real crime we have to stop those damn cheaters.

11. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

This the kind of why i am annoyed at the loss of dedicated servers in games like Call of Duty, Even if you were not the server admin in other games there was usually someone to contact to have a cheater banned.

I bet even if we're paying for Black Ops dedicated servers we will not have the power to remove anyone etc. At this point developers need to give us more control or we need a harsher punishment for online cheaters.

The creators and sellers should go first but perhaps make gamers add their credit or debit card along with their serial number if they cheat fine them an administration fee.

12. 1,405
    unwanted

unwanted Loyal Member

Wish Sony would BAN cheats in ALL online games not just their own... they know full well who has cheated (hacked) in MW2...

13. 6
    luisedgar

luisedgar Loyal Member

Althrough I'm OK to sue those hackers, I'm disturbed to the fact that the hackers are foreigners (possibly living outside U.S.) and they're trying to impose American laws to them.

14. 493
    gooki

gooki Loyal Member

Agreed, why not just make the game so it can't be hacked when played online or instant ban for online detection of hacks. Suing people because your to lazy to fix your software is not the answer.

15. 220
    Riffy

Riffy Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Soo this is real then? We are really going to sue some guys who wrote a cheat program? Really, there is nothing else more important at the moment then this? So when does cheatchappens get sued?

16. 432
    ASSPOP

ASSPOP Loyal Member

wow, seriously.. You people are crazy. I'm with poxhacker and gooki on this one.

17. 369
    rddr

rddr Loyal Member

That is the problem. Hackers can hack new software patches. Look at the Ps3 scene right now. Every frameware is hacked. Look at the Iphone/Ipad. Hackers can go on and on with hacking the scene, because nothing actually happens to them.
    Blizzard might be a bully in this situation, but their franchise is a big promise to their fans, and having hackers to ruin the company isn't helping the fans in anyway.

18. 399
    poxhacker

poxhacker Loyal Member

Student
    My problem is that they are suing for copy right if I remember right, kinda a cheap tactic if you ask me(and they used the same method to hack that game a Game Gennie used and it was deemed legal when nintendo sued glaboo). But really is this how much gaming is going, we have to fine and throw people in jail(it will happen) who cheat in a game. I missed when we play with our friends and we use a cheat everyone is like "WHOA how did you do that", and we traded b.s. secrets. Nope we have to sue everyone for everything we do.

19. 1,439
    IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
    You obviously don't know how most cheats/hacks work. It's not always possible to fix things that have been exploited when they are written to work in that manner.

Never used a Gameshark way back when? Or Action Replay?
    A lot of cheats and hacks are nothing more than memory address manipulation.