hit tracker

Article: CoD should be scared, infact CoD shold be very scared

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Jason Voorhees, Jun 18, 2011.

1. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Aye it's a sorry state of affairs, I miss the old story driven FPS games, hopefully the likes of Darkness 2, Doom 4, Half-life whatever the next one is and maybe a few others will restore the faith that FPS doesn't have to mean Forget Playing Singleplayer as it seemingly does now.

2. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    bf3 is better because it looks better? COD is still going to mop the floor. not sure why EA can't understand this. it doesn't matter how much marketing you throw at a game, if people don't want the game they wont buy it.im sick of hearing all this BF3 is better then COD bullshit. its sounds like sony right after a rival makes an announcement. they come right in there and say how we can do it better. stfu already EA. put the game out, let the sales speak for how much better we think it is. just dont come crying after about how its still better when no one buys it because of your **** one time use code crap for online and your history catches up to you again.

3. 893
    wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

What the hell are you smoking? It looks just like any game that COD has done. In fact I bet if someone would to tell your dumb ass that the footage they just showed was Modern Warfare 3 you wouldn't had even known they were lying to you. The point is they all look the same. Just different characters and different locations. I dare anyone to prove me wrong.

4. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

Hamsterman-SWE Loyal Member

Sure, but I wouldnt say that cod have destructible envoirments as BFBC2 had. Even a kid knows what's cod and what's not I can easilly tell you that Cod never gone to the same direction battlefield 3 going right now.

5. 3
    reptarjr

reptarjr Loyal Member

Isn't this the same talk that occurred before Medal of Honor was released? How it was superior than COD games? We saw how that played out in the end. In all honesty, the graphics are comparable COD games. Did you notice that the car didn't explode when that grenade was thrown? In MW3, that car would have exploded or at least been in flames THEN exploded. Graphics don't necessarily matter, its whether or not the game can hook you into playing it. Think of it this way, MW3 is a Michael Bay Movie while BF3seems more like "The Hurt Locker". Sure Hurt Locker gets the oscar, but did you see the explosions in that Michael Bay film!? It just depends on personal choice, and what gets you into the game.;)

6. 27
    agne

agne Loyal Member

for me Battlefield 3 has too near popups on the PS3 example 2:58 (geometry and shadows pop in) - or when he zoom in .... sorry but COD it´s better on the console.
    I Hope they fixed this in the final Version but now COD look better for me. I dont like Streaming tech when you see it streaming ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
  7. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

One thing that stood out from the others is being able to demolish a wall that any camping MO-FO happens to be hiding behind.

8. 86
    Asgaro

Asgaro Loyal Member

Well duh, Battefield is in it's roots a MP-only game.

CoD had a SP from the start.

9. 3,748
    MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

What i want to know is, those who are getting so incredibly passionate and emotional about this game - are your lives really that pathetic and empty to get all strung out over a stuipid videogame? I'll be getting battlefield 3 and I will be getting modern warfare 3. I got the first modern warfare, played it, finished it. Got the second, did not finish it, and purchased black ops to not finish it either. I also have the whole series of battlefield games, out of which I have only finished the first bad company. Sure they all have their own merit, but as anyone who has played most of these games, aftera while the modern warfare games drone into each other, and now battlefield is looking more and more the same. Sure, ill get them both, and play them both to whatever extent I want to. I will also be more than happy to allow others that luxury. Its just a game guys. get a life, please.

10. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

LOL, it's like this is your first time on the forums my dear buddy

11. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Well cod is your basic dm style game. Go back to old quake style games. At its heart its just a twitch game. Nothing wrong with that but its just a big differance some people cant get over with bf games.
    BF games rely on tm more and with vehicles it can really alter how the round goes (for better or worse).

BF has to zone off some areas because the maps are way bigger. Try walking on foot in a bf game and see how long it takes to get from 1 side to the other. In COD you can sprint in what 1 min side to side?
    But zoning off as you say is really not much different than what cod does.

COD has auto ping which makes the game guess whats going on! So next time you wonder why you empty a clip and the person doesnt die yet they shoot 1 bullet and get a headshot. Thats why.
    BF games have to zone off some of the area because maps are so big they system wouldnt be able to run it. This is common in FPS and has been going on forever in games.

But COD vs BF is a epic battle in PC gaming. The people who play both and are good at both are some happy gamers. Those who choose only 1 will burn out faster and will regret not learning. There is a bigger learning curv in BF games but many people dont know that IW (even admitted) used ideas from BF 2 when making COD 4.

BF3 has some big shoes to fill to match its PC counter parts. But if it can. You could be looking at 2 major FPS for years to come. Just like it was on PC before this gen even started. If you have a xbox 360 go rent or buy bf 2 for xbox 360 and thats just a sample taste of what BF is.

But its not for everyone and not everyone can handle learning both games. Some dont like both games and prefer 1 or the other. But both franchise have owned fps`ers for years leading into this gen and through out this gen. Except with of course halo being another one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
  12. 1,044
    mattias800

mattias800 Loyal Member

"Should be very scared" ?? Wtf kind of topic for a post is that?

13. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    bf3 reminds me of bf1943.. whatever happened to EA finishing that game? thats a bf game i can enjoy. wasnt a fan at all of bf2 but 1943 i absolutely loved.id much rather have the promised 'micro transactions' to that game then a game that the company claims COD should be very scared.