hit tracker

Article: Custom firmware will always be possible on PS3 - hacker claims

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 2, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 279
    PSPROX

PSPROX Loyal Member

The one and only Mathieulh aka Captain Hindsight

[​IMG]

3. 0
    jamsplodge

jamsplodge Guest

Chilling.

Captain Hindsight rules.

4. 580
    Lush78

Lush78 Loyal Member

...with the use of a hardware flasher...

I'm perfectly fine with this... I prefer hard mods to keep the kiddies away...

5. 3,748
    MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

Well that's good to know.

6. 10
    btaggs

btaggs Loyal Member

Hard mods don't keep the kiddies away. Multiple people on craigslist will offer to do any mod that normal peolple can't do. It won't be expensive either because there will be so much competion. I live in the Cleveland area and there are around 20 people on craigslist that will jtag your xbox 360 for $30. Don't expect the use of a hardware flasher to keep anyone away.

7. 271
    FoneFreak

FoneFreak Loyal Member

Its a shame all the sites are kissing the wrong ass. Marcan (a true dev) tweeted this almost 3 days ago?. How the fook is nath getting credit for this news?

8. 6,199
    Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
    Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Home Page:
    http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
    and no matter what its a game of who can keep up.

each cfw sony will release a new ofw, what i wonder is are these hackers really going to waste time, its a loosing battle.

keep trying guys you never know, you could be sonys lab rats for teh ps4 to see whats hacked and how to make it better, to release you hack sony make better ect ect ect.

and what i dont get, why are they all working seperate, put your heads together make a stable cfw and stop releasing faulty cfw to then wait for someone else to release on that works and take there work and patch as your own.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  9. 1,808
    Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

THIS JUST IN!!

The Sky is still Blue!

~And Old News is sooo exciting!~

10. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    firstly, i know there are bridges to be rebuilt but i'm tempted to ask zeus what it tastes like down there ;)

on topic, if all this is really so easy then why am i still on 3.15 because i dont have a cfw that offers the 3 things i'd need to update.

1) other os
    2) psn
    3) piracy

frankly homebrew as it stands can suck my nuts, i can already run most of the retro roms on other systems, even handhelds, ok, if they get ps2 emulation working (rf / backups) i might be more interested (so i could play my imported ps2 games) and saturn / gc / xbox / dc would get my attention.

11. 66
    noomski

noomski Loyal Member

It might be old but we have to wait for Zeus to get home from school before the site gets news updates.

(The news will get even older if he keeps getting asked to stay after class because his written English is so bad).

jk :D

12. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

haha wow really?

13. 194
    nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

Where do you live? Cause I have 3.55 and have PSN and play backups from the hard drive. I can care less for the other OS.

14. 0
    wiggim

wiggim Guest

Its coming. OtherOS is garbage in its current condition. I believe that you can't use it for anymore than what MultiMan can offer (Bluray ripping) as it has a host of limitations that a $129 netbook wouldn't.
    Graf has also stated he got it working much cleaner than f0f method - and it could launch tomorrow giving you no reason to stay on 3.15
    Ohh, also - you can revert your console from 3.55 back to 3.15 if needed!

As for the mods and CFW - of course they can be, all sony can do is implement a convoluted method of updating - so we just need to solder in an SPI programmer or NAND/NOR direct chip writer and then plug in the USB, dump and update the NOR/NAND and bobs our uncle.
    I truly hope all CFW stays 1 revision behind for the script kiddie PSN killers. If sony releases CD keys for online gaming though then CFW should be able to keep up nic and tuck and we can play our official copies with CD key on PSN! TBH they are not going to stop people modding games/cheating. Im suprised there isn't a USB/Bluray action replay yet. Guess it can only be officially illegally produced tho

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  15. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    in the uk and all i've had since april 1st is oos, the rest is crippled.

@wiggim, i know its rubbish but for me, a non linux user, it is great, unlike on a pc it was pretty much bulletproof for learning on and the software i have installed does the job i needed it to do just fine, thats the problem with something like asbestos, its just not as basic or bulletproof by all accounts.

16. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

As far as wasting time on a losing battle, the very same thin can be said of sony. That's what this is about, despite what they do in the future all current ps3s will ave CFW eventually, so to be more accurate the ones fihintin a losin battle are sony.

And I think we can do without the fail0verflow/eohot drama, but it's best if the devs do their own thin mostly. Looking at thins from various different angles will probably yield faster/better results. It's not like once one of them finds something he won't share it, or the others won't be able to figure out what was done.

.... a little reading comprehension goes a long way. Clearly he said he needed those 3 things to upgrade, so it's somewhat obvious that all 3 are important to him, not 2, not 1, but all 3.

Yet how are things goin to get better if it's not available to use? For OtherOS to get better we need to be able to use it.

17. 194
    nestortoy@hotma

no.... Really.... No **** !!!!

18. 194
    nestortoy@hotma

19. 501
    Nicotine

Nicotine Loyal Member

it couldn't have been THAT "kindergarten"

it lasted for FAR longer than any console. it FAR outlasted 360 and wii this generation..... it held off "hackers" for what, 4 yrs?

yah, real kindergarten...if it was THAT easy, why wasn't it done yrs ago?

20. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Is always a pleasure when a lot of informatic engineers overpaid,a re f*cked from "simply" hackers.