hit tracker

Article: European 3DS price cut confirmed

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jul 28, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 6,626
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

How do we get our free games?

edit:

never mind:

Metro Games

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  3. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

The U.S. price went from $250 to $169.99, thats a nice drop that I was not expecting. I thought Nintendo would go to 199 first then drop it again when Sony's portable launched. Almost tempted to get one now...

Edit: Hmmmm now Sony has the "expensive" portable again, any bets on Sony dropping the Vita's price before it launches?

4. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Can I steal games yet? I'll buy one.. but I won't pay for the software.

5. 928
    Ryupower

Ryupower Loyal Member

6. 66
    realshompa

realshompa Loyal Member

F Nintendo. I bought my 3Ds last month.Nintendo still does not understand the problem: THERE ARE NO GOOD NEW GAMES for 3Ds. The only good game is a remake!Nintendo still lives in pre App world with 7-10 dollar per virtual console game. Compare this to Appstore where most games cost 1-2 dollars. High end games like Dead space is 10 dollars. No a game and watch game from 1982!

7. 644
    soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

I agree, its like nintendo doesn't truly understand their problem...

8. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    1/3 of the current price? That sounds good. Maybe this will be my first handheld since Atari Lynx and Gameboy 1990. Atm. my handheld is a Android HD phone.

9. 240
    someoldguy

someoldguy Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Hi Zeusy. Welcome back. Retailers will not be able to get the 3DS for "about a third" of the current price. The price is being cut by about a third. I know, it's complicated.

The GBA virtual console deal for people who paid the original ridiculous amount is interesting. I was wondering if/when GBA games would show up on VC. Some sources are stating that these GBA games will never be released to the general public. I find that hard to believe. They might be a bit delayed, but I'm sure they'll be for sale at some point.

10. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

This console is a failure, it is normal, because Ds was too strong.

11. 385
    sped

sped Loyal Member

So knowing rip off britain the price wont come down that much!!

12. 3,748
    MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

wow nes games and gameboy gameS? no way nintendo. why be so good?

13. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Expect the likes of tesco to sell them for little over the price of a DS, I expect the usual christmas DS shortage will be a largely 3DS one this christmas.

14. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

My crystal ball says it will not be much longer since they have already started dumping the games and doing some other neat stuff.

I think the first commercial flash carts are probably 6 months off if I had to guess a time line.

15. 27
    RajaJaja

RajaJaja Loyal Member

Here's the official US announcement: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/nintendo3ds/news/

GBA Temp has links to the other regional announcements: http://gbatemp.net/t303036-nintendo-3ds-worldwide-price-cut-announced-gba-nes-for-3ds-vc

Apparently, logging into the eshop before the deadline automatically registers you for the Ambassador program via your console ID. You'll then later be invited to grab 10 NES and 10 GBA games (5 titles in each category have been announced and are included in the above announcements). The NES titles will be available for purchase by everyone else but as of this time, the plan is to keep the GBA titles exclusive to the Ambassador program. And for the guy who is waiting for a commercial flash cart, I think you're dreaming. Just dumping carts is nothing. DSiWare has been dumped almost since it began and unless you have some special info, no one has gotten it to run on anything. Until that happens, 3DS flash carts are just a dream. Just sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  16. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Yeah but he asked about playing copied games (I would assume the big releases that anyone would be interested in, the ones that come on a cart...) and not about DSi ware, huge difference. DSi mode has been cracked as far as flash carts are concerned for a long time now.

Flash carts are pretty hard to stop to be honest, downloads are much easier to encrypt per system then some mass produced cart. Thats why you will see a flash cart for the 3DS eventually even if you never see a hack for installing downloads.

17. 0
    Rage-X

Rage-X Guest

Hey at least they give you 20 free games, this is much better then the Go **** Yourself policy Sony has after removing stuff getting cocky and getting butthumped by hackers.

18. 2,651
    kneehighspy

kneehighspy Loyal Member

Early Retirement, Relaxation
    i just picked up a 3ds today also. i know i said i wouldn't buy one, but i got a coupon to trade in an old ds lite and i got the 3ds for $99. i figure the 3ds is worth $99, so far it's pretty neat. gotta get my ak2i working in dsi mode, should just be a firmware update then my ak2i will work on my new 3ds. not too shabby for having an unused ds-lite laying in a box to trade in. if i get the ak2i working on my 3ds, i may take one of my two dsi's and trade for another 3ds so my daughter will have one.