hit tracker

Article: Gamestop systems price NGP at $299

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 10, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 0
    Squirrel61

Squirrel61 Guest

Doesn't seem illogical to me. When the first PSP arrived, it was also priced slightly above the NDS. If I'm not mistaken, also by $50.

But regardless of the price, who in his sane mind would still consider buying any kind of computer equipment when it has "Sony" printed on it? Not me, I want to do what I want with my equipment.

3. 405
    qazza

qazza Loyal Member

nice price ill pick it up when it gets more games i want. im looking at you monster hunter :D

4. 1,102
    JordanBlack68

JordanBlack68 Loyal Member

still a bit expensive, same price as ps3.

5. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

did EA ever decide if they where gonna support this and make games for it?

6. 217
    Dorron

Dorron Loyal Member

Nice price tag...I'll be buying it when more games are released, it gets a bit cheaper and...it is hacked :p

7. 405
    qazza

qazza Loyal Member

oh the most important thing i forgot hehe :D

8. 279
    PSPROX

PSPROX Loyal Member

Day one for me...

I imported the PSP 1 from Japan back in the day :D

9. 405
    qazza

qazza Loyal Member

same here but i got ripped off, i ordered the psp value pack but they send me the regular one......
    and also the buttons/dpad+screen (dead pixels) werent as good as the NA/EU release psps.

so i learned my lesson and will wait until it gets released here.

10. 261
    Hanzaisha

Hanzaisha Loyal Member

I can't see Sony launching it higher than $299 like some people expect. They'll likely subsidize a fraction of the price of the early models like they did with the PS3 until they can reduce manufacturing costs with an inevitable revision later on.

11. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

$299 = £186 so that sounds way too low but then there's 20% VAT and then the £70-80 it's because you're in europe charge and we're looking at £300

My first PSP from a UK GAME store had 9 dead pixels and a bad X button, i opened it in the store told him to take it back and i wanted another.. i had to wait two weeks for more pre-order stock lol. My first DS had a huge red pixel in the middle of the screen.. also had to wait for more pre-order stock there too. I always have the best luck at launch.

12. 405
    qazza

qazza Loyal Member

thats pretty bad as well but at least yours didnt have 4 bad buttons and a bad d-pad.
    the first wave of japanese psps were beta versions lol

13. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

lol that's pretty bad but not really that surprising

14. 107
    Breemer

Breemer Loyal Member

This would be funny if it weren't true.

Also, we have no idea on prices at the actual shop level, we know whatever there is floating in the ether.

15. 467
    chrisprocter01

chrisprocter01 Loyal Member

Engineer
    So unfortunately true, but better than the iPad style prices I was expecting, but then again this will be the non 3G model prices
    So £300 ish retail for this and what £350-400 or the 3G model?
    Well I won't pay that launch day, stupid European market where manufacturers can add 30% and get away with it and nobody ever questions it!

16. 1,952
    CZroe

CZroe Loyal Member

Security guard and student
    Home Page:
    http://
    While the price is logical, the PSP was $100 more than the DS at launch ($250 vs $150) and the DS *quickly* dropped to $130. It was closer to $200USD in Japan because they sold one without the sock, 32MB MSPD, demo UMD (all videos; nothing playable), and wrist strap. :rolleyes: Stupidly, they considered all that a "value" to justify the price as a "Value Pack." :mad:

The DS included a PLAYABLE demo/preview at launch (Metroid Prime Hunters) and had a free strap/thumb pad and extra stylus with Pictochat built-in, so I'd call that a "value pack" too, especially by Sony's definition (including PLAYABLE software is a big advantage).

17. 415
    doxology

doxology Loyal Member

i think i will wait on the new handheld just because of the initial issues the psp had with hardware issues. be it the screen or the buttons etc. So I will definitely wait it out for a while to make sure that it is issue free. not a chance anyways that I will pay $299 for the new psp or $250 for a 3DS. Why spend $299 on a new psp when the PS3 is $299 as well. There is also a chance the PS3 will get a price drop which would then make the new handheld the most expensive console sony was offering.

18. 717
    Calidrifter

Calidrifter Loyal Member

Aw man, I was expecting $599 +!!!! That's what all the nay-sayers were preaching :D

19. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

This mean 299$ in Usa -> European 299€.

Yeah. Too expansive for a five year old tecnology.

20. 194
    nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

OMG! Shut the hell up, dude. Lets all hack every equipment out there and get software for free. Yea that sounds fair..... please.... That's why PC gaming is dead or almost there because of piracy.