hit tracker

Article: iPad 2 to ship late jan / early feb

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by billysastard, Dec 26, 2010.

1. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

So still less capable than a somthing like a cheap netbook, and costs twice as much, I assume that apple logo is made out of an exceptionally rare and expensive metal for all the idiots who buy these instead of a notebook, just because it has the apple logo on it.

Never ceases to ammaze me how apple can churn out new models of their products and make a big deal out of the improved features even tho they are old tech for every other competing product and usually less capabale, and still the idiots rush out to buy it.

I like my iPod Classic but no way on earth would I buy another Apple product unless it costs the same and is at least as good as the competion.

3. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    all very true, but i cant say that in a news post as they are supposed to be news not my thoughts on the matter.

when i read it my first thought was they made it smaller and moved the sensor so that no current i-pad case would work with it, of course i still cant see any reason why anyone would buy one of these instead of buying something that costs less and does more and isnt so restricted.

4. 725
    Tsujin

Tsujin Loyal Member

And once again the sheep that buy in to the latest apple tech get shafted twice, once for buying something only for it to be outdated,(and thus, in the apple-culture, uncool), and twice for buying something that was ultimately way overpriced for the specification to begin with.

I would hazard a guess that the largest portion of people that buy apple products, are existing apple customers who are updating their current device, for example, iphone 3g to iphone 4

5. 893
    wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

Get a fucking clue Jobs! The consumers want memory expansion slots you retard! What's so hard about that? Only a fucking moron would spend $600-$900 on a device that can't be upgraded and becomes obsolete in less than a year. And what, you can't figure out how to put in a "removable" battery on that piece of ****?

6. 70
    chipxtreme

chipxtreme Loyal Member

wrathchild the thing is morons do go out and pay silly money for there garbage and then a year later when they upgrade it the same morons go out and buy the new latest pile of $hit. There is nothing in my house made by apple and never will be.

7. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    i think i've an apple ][ in a box somewhere but beyond that i agree with what pretty much everyone has said, why buy apple when you can buy better and less crippled for less money.

8. 451
    hoky

hoky Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    I had to chance to play with an iPad yesterday as I had to set one up for a friend that got one for christmas. Having owned an ipod touch I must say that the ipad is the biggest waste of money EVER!. I guess you can keep all the same insides of a machine and put it in a smaller case and it's a brand new version and people will buy it for hundreds more than the orignal.

Stupid apple sheep

9. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    i have to disagree with you on that.

i own a 64gig ipt5g which i use mostly for music. i bought the 16gb ipad for the girlfriend for christmas and really enjoyed it. sure its not a netbook, but what good is a netbook for anyways? playing crysis 2?
    i used to be an apple hater, but its hard to get passed all the apps released for it. i looked at an android tablet instead, but comparing the apps on that to apps for ipad is not even close.

the one thing i was really suprised with was its battery life. she easily gets 8 hours if not closer to 10 on her ipad with the wifi on and screen on the whole time. even playing games, it doesnt seem to bring the life down much. i let her open it about 2 weeks ago and she hasn't put the thing down since. when she's gone, ill get a few hours with it too and love it.

in all honesty, people who buy apple products and dont jailbreak are suckers, ill give you that. but a jailbroken ipad has a hell of a lot of potential.

10. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    maybe you should invest in an i-toilet stand too, got to be a great idea for anyapple fan, although of course with the new moel having a flat back maybe you'd better upgrade to the ipad 2 as soon as you can so it will fit better ;)

oh yes, the i-toilet stand is real....

http://www.itoiletstand.com/

11. 4,772
    whackawookie

whackawookie Loyal Member

apple will never release a device this early with no push behind it. No conference no launch. I have the ipad and with no added specs to justify the purchase then it will be passed. I love the thing but with more tablets bringing more to the table I rather do my upgrades elsewhere

12. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Hmmm everything an iPad can do and more maybe, more storage, all media format support, proper video confrencing, virtually any program you can think of and with plenty of support, fully able to be customised, a proper keyboard, decent imput suport etc. and all for half the price or less, not to mention it will likley last you longer than an iPad.

Whats an iPad good for, a larger mobile app store that the iCrapphone or the the touch and to brag to people who havn't a clue and for councils to waste tax payes money by replacing their councilors laptops with them?

13. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

I used to be the same between school and college, but now I find it hard to go anywhere without my iPhone!

14. 447
    urmaster

urmaster Loyal Member

My bro got a 64GB iPad for free; his first impressions were "I'm glad I didn't pay for it".
    To be fair there is one product from apple that is fairly decent, their router Airport Extreme but its hell expensive and overpriced to the point you would be better off getting a solid wired business router and separate access point. Other than that router which I managed to get for half price, I can't fathom this apple hype.

15. 146
    janobi

janobi Loyal Member

While I agree with the majority of comments, I have never seen a notepad with that size screen, or touch screen capabilities. So IMHO the comparison is redundant. It's like comparing a tiger and a ***** cat.

16. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    just an easy answer the Asus Eee PC 1000H-W008X has a 10" screen, a gig of ram and an 8 gig hdd as well as everything youd expect a netbook to have, only difference is it has a touch pad instead of a touch screen because it has a keyboard oh and it runs xp so my guess is there is plenty of software (or apps) for it but without all of apples restrictions, oh an it got great reviews, i didnt look around but it cant be the only one on the market (oh and battery life is around 8 hours), even has wireless n.

just looked on google.

Toshiba NB305 10F - Atom 1.66 GHz - 10.1″ - 1 GB Ram - 250 GB HDD (11 hours battery)
    wireless lan (b/g/n), camera, stereo, bluetooth, memory card reader all for the massive price of £261.86 a heck of a lot more power and use for a heck of a lot less money.

17. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    the screen itself is always going to be an issue unless someone comes out with a matte finish touchpad... but as for the bezel/etc.. a $10 skin (is what we use) around the ipad does the trick. in my opinion, apple needs to have a rubber skin around it from factory because your right. fingerprints are killer

one thing that really pisses me off with apple products is their older 1st gen ios devices (iphone, ipod touch, etc) all came from factory with a perfect screen protector. you just needed to cut the tabs off the plastic. not a single chance of dust or dirt being underneath it.

unfortunately apple has either put a big fake picture of the device running on this protector, or in the case of the ipad, the film barely sticks to the device at all. i really dont understand this either because its not like apple sells screen protectors either so it doesnt benefit them for you to remove it and buy a 3rd party protector.

18. 521
    croatoan

croatoan Loyal Member

I've had many notebooks and I'm back to a macbook pro.

Basically because I am sick of spending hours trying to find something with a good screen that doesnt change contrast when I move my head five degrees. Has a good battery life and is quick and easy to use. Movies look great on it, have the smallest of bags to put it in and I accept that it wont play crysis.

But I dont really care, wouldnt have a main machine as a mac, quite happy with my i7 and gtx 580. Why the hell would I want to game on a notebook?

As for a netbook, they are so slow.................................... I made the other half get an ulv notebook instead. I actually aged ten years waiting for one to boot up. Never mind gma 950 lmao.

You have to compare like for like, an Ipad is a sit on the sofa play a few casual games, surf the internet and watch a bit of tv, perhaps use it as a swish remote for your pc and do the odd bit of typing. It boots in a few secs, apps load quickly. Now multitasks.

Some people miss the point.

For me, I hate the fact it could impact negatively on gamers by pushing the market more towards casual games and micro payments.

And for you at apple, give me a fucking dual stick gamepad.....................touch screen casual gaming is for lame brains.................oh and me now and again. But for no more that £0.59. Get it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010
  19. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    i'd guess so if you had an onlive subscription and that was available over onlive.

20. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

you mean you havn't seen anything like this

http://netbookboards.com/tag/touchscreen-netbook/

there are a fair few touch screen netbooks that pack more of a punch for the same price or less than a iPad, similar screensize as well, that one has an 11.6 inch screen. Also bare in mind, that yeah the ipad screen may be a decent size but for most stuff you have to use that screen which obscures it making the size less of a factor, which isn't the only option on a touch screen netbook as you can use the keyboard, touchpad or mouse. The few times you don't need to use the screen for controls like when watching a movie, means you have to go through the hassle of converting it to a sutable format, when on a netbook you could pick up a free codec pack like k-lite and watch pretty much anythign you throw at it.