hit tracker

Article: Japanese Tsunami appeal takes to PSN

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Mar 18, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 0
    cboushell

cboushell Guest

I'd donate this way but they have a bug up their a$$ about those of us using MFW/CFW logging into the PSN. Netflix is also missing out on my money now that you have to have 3.60 OFW in order to use the service.

3. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

id be worried who handles the money. Safer bet would be straight to red cross.

4. 3,170
    kcvfr400

kcvfr400 Loyal Member

Nice to see a easy way to donate, shame about the 2 previous negative posters thinking they are cool slagging off Sony when its not the time for such nonsense when it comes to charity donations or respect for the people of Japan. But then again no honour amongst thieves they say.

5. 123
    Jish

Jish Loyal Member

Agreed 100%!

6. 83
    Clxmj

Clxmj Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=clxmj
    You two are fucking idiots then.

7. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    agreed, dont sony have enough peoples data harvested already without giving them any more? and this way not only do the red cross get 100% of the money but they wont then rake back some by selling your details on.

8. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

I was not slagging off sony, i dont even know what slagging off means. I was stating the truth. i dont see where it says 100% of proceeds goto victims. Its been proven time and time again that tons of fund raisers dont get 100% of money raised. Sorry if you didnt know that, but its true. Red cross is one of the most respected groups for this kinda donation. So sorry to bust your lame attempt at trolling. But when i dontate its to red cross. Maybe sony is donating 100% or maybe they are even matching donations but i dont see that anywhere in this thread. If they are then ill give props to them. But until then i say red cross is the best way i know of.
    I guess there is no honor among fanboys.

I gave you sound advice, consider it when you donate to any relief effort not just japans crisis.

9. 140
    jase1

jase1 Loyal Member

Cheap shot nonsense, this has nothing to do with CFW or OFW.

The money goes directly to Red Cross. This is why sources are important @ the news poster.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
  10. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Thank you for the source link. I understand at times though they get left off as ive done it myself when submitting news. It happens.

I will add that its great to see every cent going to the red cross as i do believe they are the best at distributing the funds and know what they have coming and going and what they need most and where it needs to go. I do respect other companies for helping out, in any way they can. But i do believe Red Cross is the best at coordination of donations. They also work directly with redcross of japan. its a horrific event and still getting worse.

I also credit sony for doing this. I also credit sony as i have before for their money contribution and their radio contribution which i think is highly needed for people to keep in touch with news and whats going on with the nuke plant. But its good to see sony cont. support of relief efforts and hopefully they will for months after this event is off the news.

11. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

I haven't psn account, and never had it, so I can't help in that way, but I ahve anyway donate money to a nonprofit Italian oraganization. Go Japan. I love you.

12. 3,170
    kcvfr400

kcvfr400 Loyal Member

Red cross pay wages to quite alot of their staff so not 100% as I know people who work locally collecting clothing donations for them. Trolling and lame is and always will be your problem mr blu-ray, mpaa and whatever other rubbish. I just pointed out why be so negative just because you think it makes you look cool but it as always makes you look a little silly to put it mildly. As someone who donates about £500 a year personally and does charity cycle events to raise money I am quite aware of how charities work and looking for the best at getting the money to where it is needed.

13. 317
    CannonFodder

CannonFodder Loyal Member

Don't worry about these guys kcvfr400, they are Microsoft fangirls. They are paid by Microsoft to give negative comments about Sony, even with the crisis Japan is facing, yet these guys have no decentcy, making fun out of Sony's generosity. It shows how low they can be.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
  14. 47
    Sladey1601

Sladey1601 Loyal Member

I was gonna donate, but then i was watching the news reports all about it and saw some dude with 2 big ships on his drive was so i thought [email protected] it they clearly dont need it, they got more money than me so i didnt bother :p

15. 456
    Attitude

Attitude Loyal Member

wow Sladey1601 please do let me know at what point im supposed to laugh at that comment, oh sorry no you cant as its neither funny or warranted.

As for the OP, anyway that makes it easy to donate should be welcomed no matter if its being done by a company a lot on here despise.

16. 633
    sengoku

sengoku Loyal Member

@all xbot girls,

STFU YOU IDIOT'S

It's enough to here you cry baby's cry all the time about sony..

but to hint even just at the slightest that sony might steal donation's to better them self of the back of so many people that have lost so much is beneath even the lowest form of life, and could only be said by the lowest full of **** people with EPIC delusional misconceptions.
    something that even the biggest xbots should be ashamed to be called a part off..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  17. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Who jumped to conclusions first? I said red cross is the best...who is sony giving the money to? The red cross!
    Its right there black and white. I was not being negative, i was being right as proved by sony since thats who they are giving the money to and why they mentioned every penny of every cent was going to the red cross.

Instead of admitting you where wrong, just keep calling people names. No body expects any less from you or cannon fodder.
    I even went on to credit sony but you and the sony defense force wont give up. But no mentioned of that huh because mr mpaa said it :rolleyes:

18. 99
    moose94

moose94 Loyal Member

Not to hijack the conversation, but wake up you morons. If Sony raised $$ for Japan relief, they are obligated to give 100%. Different story for the Red Cross. The Red Cross money will goto many different channels INCLUDING SALARIES. The Red Cross only operates at a $0.17 on the dollar efficiency. See http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3277

Also wake up and note that Sony is also directly impacted form the Natural Disaster. It is wonderful that Sony is raising $$ to assist their local community versus asking for assistance directly. Also, Sony will be losing great $$ and profit from the devastation. The Nikkei crash includes SONY. Sony has closed many factories, lost workers, and many employees are directly effected. Sony's stock fell 9% on Monday. See following article from Business week: http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...ird-worst-trading-day-on-radiation-risks.html

and

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sony-shares-decline-sharply-monday-167281

What would be nice is if Sony followed suit like the Apple Store. The Apple Store has SF4 on sale for $0.99 and 100% of the proceeds go to Japan relief. Sony should follow suit and negotiate with developers and offer many titles discounted where all proceeds go to relief.

There is a time to hate and a time to help your enemies.

19. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    they arent obligated to give %100. any charity or donation you give can be distributed however they please. it could be $1 for every 10, or 100, or like you think it is %100. im not sure where you got that crazy idea from, but its not correct. just look at all the 'charities' in the world. they all have to disclose how much donation money actually makes it to the place you intended the donation to go to and some of them are pretty bad.

just find a reputable charity out there and give them the money. sony isnt a charity, and quite frankly their recent history says they are just crooks and bullies. youd be a complete moron to hand any money over to sony right now donation or not.

20. 99
    moose94

moose94 Loyal Member

True and False.

Correct, Sony is not a charity. There are obligated to directly channel the money they collect as where a charity is not. Charities pay salaries, administration costs, etc. with donations. Do you really think Sony is going to pay salaries with donations?

Why the heck would anyone be a moron to donate to Sony? Sony is donating 300 million yen to the Japan relief. I am sure most the PSN is not collecting 300 million yen in donations. Sony is matching employee and various group contributions for Japan relief. The Red Cross had contributed $10,000,000. Sony has almost contributed half of that alone, that is pretty good for a private company versus The American Red Cross who accepts donations world wide.

SOURCE:

http://www.sony.com/SCA/press/110313.shtml

http://www.redcross.org/portal/site...toid=7c521079115ce210VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCRD