hit tracker

Article: Maxconsole Review: Fallout: New Vegas from Bethesda

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by HarryMonogenis, Nov 11, 2010.

1. 409
    HarryMonogenis

HarryMonogenis BANNED FOREVER

2. 254
    HugeGorrila

HugeGorrila Loyal Member

My review: 30 hours in and the game save became corrupted. The game is great but only when you can play it. Basically, I wasted 30 hours and couldn't even see the ending.

Bottom line: Release the game when its ready and tested and don't count on patches to fix everything.
    :mad:

DLC: Will I spend any money on new DLC? Most likely not. Only in the event they fix the current game. I still have some hope but I am definitely not starting a new game. Glitch game = less money for you in the long run. :mad:

3. 474
    IBNobody

IBNobody Loyal Member

There are page after page of bugs, and they can't patch them fast enough.

Don't buy it for the consoles, either, since you'll be stuck with whatever patches they come out with.

Obtain it for the PC and let the modders fix the problem.

4. 2,591
    EL_CAD

EL_CAD Loyal Member

I agree with you. But no amount of community help could help complete KOTOR 2 on PC. The game always locked up on me on that last hallway, while those on the Xbox did not have that problem. Freakin' Obsidian!

I like FNV so far. I agree with the 85/100 score. Played about 12 hours so far and have had two crashes to desktop. One before and one right after the patch. Luckily both happened right after an auto save point.

5. 1,439
    IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
    Funny, I haven't had a single problem with the game and I'm running "outdated" hardware.

I think the majority of people's issues, are bloatware infestations running in the background, Super Mega Ultra "codec packs" interfering with the game's A/V playback and numerous other things not the least including too many "wannabe overclocker nuts" tinkering with **** they shouldn't.

Not saying there aren't bugs, but many of the things I've seen reported, could most likely be traced back to the aforementioned.

P.S. I said screw it to everyone, Yes Man and I are going to rule Vegas.

6. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

yeah it's pretty good, maybe slightly better than 3.

an it really wouldn't be fallout/bethesda without all the bugs.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010
  7. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Great review. Usual don't like me fps games, but this deserve. Bugs are real problems for this game. For this 85, for me is correct. Wait for the next review.;)

8. 1,587
    Jinx13378

Jinx13378 Loyal Member

Not only is this 'slightly better' than 3, it is the TRUE Fallout sequel.

Choices and consequences, stats checks, worthy continuation of the Fallout canon (1+2, play it suckers!) and great writing.

9. 474
    IBNobody

IBNobody Loyal Member

I have had a few crashes, but all the bugs I've experienced were from sloppy coding practices. These are the bugs that the modders fixed.