hit tracker

Article: MS: Our games better Nintendo and Sony's

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jul 18, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 1,102
    JordanBlack68

JordanBlack68 Loyal Member

Rubbish, Sony has the best 1st Party games

3. 254
    eagles5769

eagles5769 Loyal Member

Yep, Sony by far. After giving up on Gears of War, the Halo games are the only first party exclusives I care about. Sony started out really slow, but they just keep pumping out AAA titles every year. However PC trumps everyone though.

4. 126
    e1sunz

e1sunz Loyal Member

yeh i agree sony exclusives are no.1 in my opinion compared to other platform exclusives

5. 673
    put4558350

put4558350 Loyal Member

Nintendo: great at game play and level design like zelda and mario

sony: great at good image and story like unchanged and gran turismo

MS: great at shooter base game like gear of war and halo

6. 690
    Mchief298

Mchief298 Loyal Member

This, right here, is the most intelligent thing I'll ever see posted on MaxConsole. It's the truth beyond so many levels.

7. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

While ps3 has mass effect 2.... they dont have 1. Thats setting up to be the best series this gen.

I have been playing 1 and 2 again to get ready for 3. I never noticed how much of me 1 reflected what happened in me2.
    Ive had as much fun playing it again as i did the first 3 times i played them. Im still seeing stuff i didn't know about or remember.

ps3 users really missed out on that game. saints row 1 and dead rising 1 where the same way. Yes ps3 got the sequels but without the first person its missing alot of the story . Then there is the rpgs`s that release right before ff13.... All better rpg`s than ff13 (crap of a game).

Those are older though... but newer im thinking some kinect stuff adds a twist to their exclusives. But really its just a matter of taste this late in the game. All 3 consoles have thier big name exclusives.

But its all a matter of taste as to which gamers like what games better.

8. 83
    Clxmj

Clxmj Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=clxmj
    Ofcourse he'd say that, he works for the company. Most of us agree Sony has better first party IPs (this generation anyways).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
  9. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

If anything, this is the one gen where you could question sony having the best exclusives. In previous gens you'd have to be a mega-troll not to admit that sony had BY FAR the best games.

As far as exclusives go, even though I abhor them, sony has the better ones; although, I wouldn't say it's as clear cut as it's been in the past. Mostly all the MS exclusives that I would like to play are actually 3rd party, and in fact some have even been released on the ps3 in japan (I'm looking at you Vesperia).

Ninty I'm not particularly fond of, but say what you will, I've not met ONE wii owner that complains about ninty's exclusives. As danight said, it all boils down to individual preferences, but I think (much to my dismay) most would agree that when we talk about exclusives sony edges ms out (arguably even nintendo).

NOW, if you are not only talking about exclusives... well then it's a different situation as ms has, with very few exceptions, always had the better multiplatform titles, and being that multiplatform titles make up the vast majority of a consoles library... well in that regard he would be right.

10. 165
    MongooseJesus

MongooseJesus Loyal Member

Student
    Home Page:
    http://dancarreras.tumblr.com
    hmmmm I'd say to each their own to be honest. I love the Halo series (despite everyone else seeming to hate it) and like the gears of war series. I do not like the resistance and killzone series' on ps3, but love uncharted and GoW.

I suppose I could agree with what put4558350 said above, but I feel Nintendo out-perform all other brands when it comes to exclusives.

11. 24
    eebeejay

eebeejay Loyal Member

Sony has the better first-party titles? Bullshit! My small son would say Mario trumps anything offered by Microsoft or Sony. And who are you to tell him he's wrong? Your opinion doesn't matter any more than his does, because it's just that, personal opinion.

Just because you are a Sony fan or Microsoft fan doesn't mean that company's titles are the best, it means more time than not, you like the title because you're a fan of the manufacturer. Just like with music, if your favorite artist releases a song, chances are, you'll like it. Halo is a great game, but Microsoft fanboys think it's greater than it actually is, and Sony fanboys think it's worse than it actually is.

msanchez, very good post.

12. 888
    wewii

wewii Loyal Member

Gears of War FTW! :cool: Game over. :p

13. 424
    bennyb

bennyb Loyal Member

14. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Many people would agree there. But when you factor in halo or forza or GT or gears of war and god of war. All have huge followings and all very proud of those franchises.

Mario benefited alot from the crap on wii. Yes mario karts rocked and so did galaxy ans new super bro. But its really easy to shine when you have so many crap games being released. You ask most wii owners and i bet most own titles that have mario in it. Those are the sunshine for that console. PS3 and xbox 360 had better 3rd party games. Like mass effect and red dead cod (yes cod was on wii but it wanst the same).

But there there was tiger golf for wii (amg i have loved that game all gen). That game rocked on wii and sucked balls on ps3 and 360. But i hated golg and that game rocked.

dance central kicked ass on kinect, helped kinect become the fastest selling hardware ever.

just dance for wii sold like wild fire and topped the charts in sales for a long time. Whipping some major titles in the process.

But its all in the taste. Like cod vs bf argument. There will be people always who play favorites in that debate. But the gamers having the most fun are the once who can play both and enjoy both for the great games they are.

15. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Each company has games that are great, can't really say one is better then the other though. To me its like going to a fast food joint, it really depends on the person and what mood they are in.

16. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

One thing about sony's exclusives has always pissed me off, and that is that they make them out to be so much more than they really are. I don't really buy into the hype, if anything I usually lower my expectations the more they hype sh*t up. Outstanding ps3 exclusives in my view have been the uncharted series, valkyria chronicles (personal choice), god of war... maybe I'm forgetting some, but I would most definitely not include KZ, Resistance (though I liked the first one), and GT. I'd range the later from ok, to mediocre. The 360 and the wii don't fair much better in my eyes.

Still, I insist anyways you slice it wii owners seem to enjoy their exclusives (even if they are all about Mario)... so much so that with few exceptions they don't seem to care what anybody says about them... try saying something bad about a sony exclusive on the any forum, or even any public place without being accused of being a horseman of the apocalypse, or some other silly/retarded stuff.

17. 405
    qazza

qazza Loyal Member

first party games are overrated

18. 1,685
    starwave

starwave Loyal Member

GTF OUTTA HERE!!! sony has had way better 1st party games than MS. only games that comes to mind from MS is halo and gears, THATS IT!!! sony has Uncharted series, killzone series, Resistance series, ratchet and clank series, infamous series, god of war series, LBP series, i can go on. stack any games in MS library that is similar to any of these games i mentioned in the same category. MS cant compare. Like i said for FPS MS big game is halo, while sony has killzone series. THAT IS NO COMPARISON to how much killzone kills halo in terms of gfx, sound, gameplay, the mayhem that you encounter onscreen in Multiplayer!!. what game does MS have as an exclusive that can go head to head with uncharted? or god of war? Im not trying to sound like a sony fanboy(gonna mention it here before someone does say this), im just stating MY OPINION. As far as exclusives go, sony wins hands down. MS has more "sales" because of install base i guess? but they cannot compare. And MW3 and BF3 are multi so it dont count. :p

19. 209
    custm_made

custm_made Loyal Member

without a doubt. sony has the best exclusives and thats a fact.

20. 690
    Mchief298

Mchief298 Loyal Member

LBP, Ratchet & Clank, and the Killzone series are (IN MY OPINION) the only games that matter... The other games honestly don't deserve their praise. Forza beats GT in every area of simulation racing... and shooters, well you already said that MS beats Sony..

Remember, it's an opinion. You want to get butt hurt about it, go ahead..