hit tracker

Article: MS: Our games better Nintendo and Sony's

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jul 18, 2011.

1. 1,199
    DanASBO

DanASBO Loyal Member

I agree, which is why I still don't have a Wii or PS3. B&K:N&B and VP are my two favourites - just putting that out there. ...aaand Terraria is an absolutely awesome game by the who. I suggests everybody buys it and forgets about the summer game drought.

2. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Go back to the start line of my post and consider what you wrote, and just incase you are to clueless to get it, it was PERSONAL OPINION, yours is yours yours mine is mine as in the ones I personally have played and considered worth the money I paid, tho yours is what Sony tells you no doubt :rolleyes:

3. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

As I'm bored I'll go through your list with my own personal opinions, remember that, personal opinions based on what I have played not what I am told I should like or just because it's on a certain format.

Infamous series - Only number 1 is out and I have it but got bored of it, felt like an atempt to recreate Crackdown, but been there done that n got bored of it
    Twisted Metal - Again old hat, I prefered the old destruction Derby games on the PS1, and besides is it out yet?
    Uncharted series - I mentioned 2, I have both, severly unimpressed by 1 loved 2
    Dust - Never heard of it, that in it's self sepeaks volumes, unless you mean dust 514, in which case given eve is a PC MMO I suspect it will be on the PC in a usually superior format so doesn't count, and even if not I'm not intrested (I didn't include any PC games on my list except for ME1 as I played it on the 360 first, if it's on PC I will have that version over any console version of a game, yay I'm a PC fanboy :p)
    The Last Guardian - No out, so again doesn't count
    Resistance series - Poor mans call of duty/Halo/Gears of war, the 2nd is the single worst so called AAA game I have played this gen.
    Moto Storm series - Give me mario kart or Pure any day than these PSN wanabe's
    Sly cooper 4 - Never heard of it tho after a look I found it's Sly fromt he PS2, never liked them either
    Little big planet - I regreted spending my money on this which incidentally was the day before launch that I got it, it's a niche game and I know of nnone personally who liked it.
    bIOSHOCK with move support - If we are including this do I get to include Bioshock PC with high res textures and better than 1080p res 1900 x 1200 for me :rolleyes:
    shadow of the clossuss remake - Not out yet and it's a PS2 game, upping the res a bit and tidying it up still doesn't change that, a fantastic PS2 game but still a PS2 game
    god of war series for ps3
    - Like SotC 2 PS2 games, if you had been onhere any lengh of time you would know this is the game I had my PS3 for, tho it's the worst of the series with Dante's inferno delivering a game that is the standard of God of War 1 and 2 on the PS2.
    GT5 - Disappointment after disapointment
    Rachet n clank series - Got the first PS3 one on launch day got bored of it quicky never bothered with the others
    Metal gear solid 4 - Got it as soon as it was released, fun game, worst ever and I mean even compared to old tape RPG's game for loading and the standard for poor HDD use. I considered adding it to my list originally but that HDD thing let it down for me.
    heavenly sword - Fantastic cut scenes, average game, Enslaved is the far superior game, plus did you know this was an Xbox game that MS binned. I was considering adding this to my list as well but the gameplay while not bad is monotonous so ileft it out?
    socom series - Not my thing, bore me rigid
    Heavy Rain with move - With or without moe it's not my thing, I got bored of these games years ago on my Mega CD
    Disgaea series - Not played them so can't comment (see I only base my opinions on what i've palyed not what Sony tells me :p)
    Yakuza series - Not played these on the PS3, but didn't like the PS2 game I played
    Valkyria Chronicles - Got it not played it tho
    Demon Souls - It's on my list
    Siren - This one as well

So are you dissing the PS3 and denying it more of your loving by saying Wipeout and Tekken 5 aren't any good, I take it you thought Killzone was a poor mans Gears of War as well, looks nice but the story and acting is so weak by comparison that it falls flat, MP has no intrest for me. Story mode is where it's at for me on consoles and that is often the decider for a game so long as the game it's self doesn't kill it like Resistance 2 and Lair (I can overlook the story mode if the game is fun tho like NinetyNineKnights or EDF, or an old school scrolling shooter like Death Smiles)? :p

So yeah I came prepared, I just didn't get that preperation from a toy maker, i got that preperation from personal experience (Unless stated otherwise I have the games).

For me Sony used to have the best sellection of exclusives and first party games last gen, this gen like MS, their exclusives are lost in the wave of quality multiplatform games, where in previous gens excluives were somthing special that stood out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  4. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

I think IE8 is the culprit, I use IRON and it works fine.

5. 965
    John Crichton

John Crichton Loyal Member

not only IE, i have the same problems with Firefox

6. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Yep my firefox does it as well. Now if i quote someone it doesnt do it. I also can go back and edit my posts and it works normal.

When making multi points i use the option that breaks it into numbers that says 1,2,3 in the box under smileys. That adds some formatting.

7. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    many of you are getting exclusive and first party mixed up.

also, almost all ps3 exclusives are letdowns. ive regretted my purchases within a day of the so called amazing exclusives. not that we're even talking exclusives here anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  8. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

This is a known bug and it's on the list of things to fix.

9. 159
    MrNasty

MrNasty Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    All MS has now is sh1te like Kinect. Xbox is finished and it has been ruined thanks to Kinect.

10. 1,199
    DanASBO

DanASBO Loyal Member

I <3 my Kinect. :cool:

11. 5,398
    Brizzo

Brizzo Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.net/
    This issue *might* be fixed now. It was a bug that was introduced with the latest version of vBulletin 4.1.4

I logged it into the bug tracker, and it has not been properly fixed yet .... so I fixed it myself. It appears that it was an issue with the new auto-save feature, which I disabled

12. 13
    kajex

kajex Loyal Member

Home Page:
    This website has totally died. Only one update this week, and it's full of grammatical errors. Prior to that, it's mostly speculation and rumors. There is no real "news" being posted anymore. I hope they just have the dignity to post an announcement that they are shutting down, as clearly it has been dying a slow and horrible death.

13. 240
    someoldguy

someoldguy Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Hey Guys. Loved the news today. I learned a lot about consoles. I learned so much, you could say I maxed out my knowledge of consoles. I hope this website continues to bring me cutting edge gaming news so that I will always know the max about consoles. Sincerely.

14. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    I mostly play on 360 and PS3, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 beats nearly any game on those consoles.Here is some good news: Rovio is getting sued..LOLhttp://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/android-game-news/1949-lodsys-goes-after-angry-birds-developers-rovio-with-patent-infringement

15. 814
    dwrecording

dwrecording Loyal Member

So one of the fastest selling addons of all times has ruined MS? I love my kinect. I bet you have only used it in a store for 3min and walked away. Any way go play with your glowing dildo on the PS3 then :p

16. 984
    WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

I dunno, the last time I was in a bestbuy, the games for both Kinect, and Move both just didn't look so hot. I'm sure Kinect is probably implemented better, but where's the killer app?

Side Note: When Arkham City hits, it's gonna rock both platforms hardcore!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
  17. 49
    macca247

macca247 Loyal Member

totally agree with ya, no hardcore gamer is interested in waving their arms around for prolonged periods of time, imagine having a 6 hour session of Killzone3 with sonys dildo eurgh i'd rather stick it up my ass with the vibration on

18. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

You must not keep up w/ microsofts earnings. The 360 is kicking ass and sales are up as well as earnings and kinect is credited for helping do that. Windows sales is flat and the game division is rocking for them.

Kinect is here to stay (expect sony to have their version next gen as well, bet on it).
    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox-360-ships-137-million-units-in-fiscal-2011-profit-doubles/

In basic terms. Before kinect microsoft was just kinda doing good with xbox. Now they are happy and doing great with xbox sales and profits.

But... and this is a big but... because windows 8 and xbox 720 are not gonna be out soon. Apple rules for another year and only gets more dangerous.
    EA is going pycho as well as acti trying to create their own network for buying games.... :mad:
    Facebook and notebooks are coming into gaming power!

Xbox and kinect are doing fine now... but the business model and other companies are screwing things up. Not kinect. devs & publishers vs used game sales is really just gonna phuck over us the gamers in the end.

BTW kinect killer game id say is dance central. But because Kinect is more for casual gamers it all depends on what you want out of kinect. LIL kids will love kinectamals. adults may like Garden of eden or if fitness is your thing then biggest loser, my shape fitness evolved, or UFC trainer maybe.
    Love it or hate it... kinect is the wii for microsoft.

Diehard gamers are gonna stick with controllers for halo or cod anyways.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
  19. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

I'll file that under "Did NOT need to know"

danight, though kinect is apparently doing better than move all around, I think you are seriously overestimating it's success. Good, bad, whatever... I just don't think it's been that important as far as selling 360's to NEW owners. If anything I think ms have benefited from not touting kinect as some otherworldly godly technology that would change the way we drink water, play games, etc, as opposed to a certain nazi company who make their ideas (borrowed or not) seem like a defining moment in human evolution. Anywho, because of that, and in comparison moves lackluster (as far as I've seen) adoption kinect might look better than it really is. Think psp vs ds, if you ignore the ds' numbers than the psp was a success... the psp only becomes a utter failure when you compare it's sales performance to the ds'.

20. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

My take on the whole Kinect thing is that it did waaayyyy better then I thought it would. That being said, I am not sure owning one would be worth it? Sony's move is doing about as well as I thought it would.

What Kinnect needs is some sort of Zombie fighting video game... Might be fun to punch and kick zombies.