hit tracker

Article: MS reveals it will step up its effort on PC gaming

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Sep 24, 2010.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 949
    Signa

Signa Loyal Member

I'll believe it when I see it, like Halo 3 for the PC. I won't buy it, but that at least will tell me they are trying.

3. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

yep i agree.... im thinking its not gonna happen to windows 8.

4. 261
    Hanzaisha

Hanzaisha Loyal Member

Didn't they say they were going to put more effort into GFWL earlier this year? I have yet to see any evidence of that. In fact, they should scrap that bloated mess and start over.

5. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

i think they are doing that apple crap... they wanna link a zune, a pc and 360 and other mobile windows devices together. Sony wants to do stuff like this to with their TV`s.
    problem is microsoft hasnt made any lead way on pc making it worth while. well media streaming was a start but gaming is a joke and why cross platform gaming hasnt happened yet is a bigger joke. It should be a standard by now.

But lets look back... pc gaming ruled fps`ers last gen. Now this gen we have consoles as strong as pc`s but they where to retarded to give us a OS to use (except sony who gave and took back the option). But if there was a basic OS it should be easly able to migrate a pc/xbox 360 game into 1 game. Much like dvd`s have a digital copy. They should have a deluxe edition that included a pc version.
    PC gaming is dying because of the devs all flocked to consoles.

Steam also proves new things can be done. Wouldn't be shocking to see Microsoft trying to start its own version of steam and itunes and isp the things that where hinted at years back.

6. 79
    DaveKap

DaveKap Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Please Microsoft, don't step up your efforts.

Games for Windows Live was what happened the last time you tried this and it's awful.

7. 2,358
    QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

They know that if they tried hard enough, they'd be able to brainwash PC gamers into buying into that whole pay-to-play LIVE crap. I'm scared because I think they can make it possible.

8. 556
    Z3R0B4NG

Z3R0B4NG Loyal Member

GfWL is a good thing.... IF you have an Xbox and want your PC Achievements to count on your account. Other then that, they can keep it.

Can you believe i have to bind my F1 2010 CD-Key to my XBL/GFWL-Gamertag to be able to play online? ...that's a Joke! Can i even sell my game after that?

Paying for GfWL will NEVER happen again.
    PC Gamers did not accept it in the past and they wont in the future.
    ...paying for DLC is another thing!

It sucks hard if you can't get DLC for a multiplatform game on the PC.

The PC is not a console, we allways have other options.

9. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

The problem is that Microsoft have to strike a balance, They've scrapped Alan Wake and Halo 3 probably because they wanted an exclusive exclusive rather than a console exclusive.

Games for Windows Live still needs improving i do not remember a Fallout 3 DLC item that went to plan, The service can lock you out for ages or refuse to patch and it has shown that for games like Bioshock 2 it just isn't up to the job of hosting PC games.

I like being able to earn achievements on PC games adding them to my XBLA account though as it just feels pointless even looking at achievements through steam for me.

10. 1,002
    Tyrael

Tyrael Loyal Member

a little too late, isn't it?

11. 949
    Signa

Signa Loyal Member

What do you mean? Halo 3 still could come out on the PC if they wanted to make it for it. The reason they don't is that they want to make the 360 as attractive as possible and with it being their flagship title, they aren't going to share. I was saying that if they were really serious about making a better experience for PC gamers, they would share their flagship game with the PC community. I don't like Halo much at all, but the fact that it isn't on the PC shows how little they actually care for the PC right now.

If you are simply saying that Recon and Reach is what us PC gamers should be aiming for, I agree, but I am willing to continue to hold MS to their ridiculous 3-year delay that they have done for their other 2 Halo games.