hit tracker

Article: Nintendo sees quarterly loss on 3DS slow sales

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jul 28, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 644
    soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

Releasing this thing without an exclusive title like Mario was dumb... Nintendo relied too heavily on the 3d.

3. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

For a time, also nintendo make mistakes.

4. 3,748
    MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

nintendo needs it. too much arrogance. come with frikking mario abnd zelda more often.

5. 1,044
    mattias800

mattias800 Loyal Member

This is very good in my opinion. Nintendo need to rethink their mobile products. They can't compete with iPhone and Android like they are trying to now.Open up the platform like Apple has, release SDK and simulator, allow anyone to submit releases to eShop.

6. 1,184
    Cantenna

Cantenna Loyal Member

I just bought a 3DS and think its awesome! Needs more games though

7. 230
    SuperCaculo

SuperCaculo Loyal Member

Ninja spy
    this is not going to be for long once Nintendo relise Pokemon 3d (for some reason that escapes my mind) people will be buying this left and right. they will be its like having your pokemon right there!!!!!!

8. 1,044
    mattias800

mattias800 Loyal Member

It would get more games if they did that :)

9. 2,651
    kneehighspy

kneehighspy Loyal Member

Early Retirement, Relaxation
    i just picked up a 3ds today also. i know i said i wouldn't buy one, but i got a coupon to trade in an old ds lite and i got the 3ds for $99.

i figure the 3ds is worth $99, so far it's pretty neat. gotta get my ak2i working in dsi mode, should just be a firmware update then my ak2i will work on my new 3ds.

not too shabby for having an unused ds-lite laying in a box to trade in. if i get the ak2i working on my 3ds, i may take one of my two dsi's and trade for another 3ds so my daughter will have one.

10. 1,184
    Cantenna

Cantenna Loyal Member

Lol. I was just going to say the same thing!

11. 1,184
    Cantenna

Cantenna Loyal Member

Ya so i went on a buying binge for 3ds titles. If you a racing genre fan for sure pick up ridge racer. I play this title alot! Zelda is great also to play. street fighter is fun if you want tonkick some quick ass and put down again and I actully enjoy Pilot wings as well. The built in ARbgamebis very impressive. i want Nintendo to do more with this. A mario gamebwould be awesome

12. 2,651
    kneehighspy

kneehighspy Loyal Member

Early Retirement, Relaxation
    Cantenna,

you said RR was a pretty good title? is it anything like the old ds versions or are the graphics better? there weren't many titles to choose from when i picked up my 3DS, so i got Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS. pretty good title, but need a few more decent titles i guess.

i thought i read somewhere that super mario 3DS (or whatever the working title is) was out, but i didn't see it so i think it doesn't come out till the end of August or September.

do you also have some minor issues trying to get a decent viewing angle when the 3D is active? i've noticed that pretty much any slight movement causes some blurring and ghosting, then once it's lined back up with your eyes, it looks good.

my daughter likes the 3DS, but she said she isn't giving up her DSi for one, she's not that interested in one ;) i guess since i caved in on getting the 3DS (if there wasn't a $99 deal where i could trade in an old unused ds lite, i wouldn't have purchased my 3DS), i'm pretty sure i'll be caving in and eating my words about not getting a Vita (if theres a trade in deal for $99 anyway :p ).