hit tracker

Article: Nintendo stock drops on back of poor 3DS sales

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Apr 8, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 549
    No Name Trowa B

No Name Trowa B Loyal Member

personally the 3d headache seems to be blown way out of perportion. why do you think it has a off option...

anyways i have had mine for a month and i am fine. i bet sony paid big bucks to spread alot of fake comotion to derail the sales of the 3ds.

3. 355
    ledah_ein

ledah_ein Loyal Member

Wow the title seems kind of misleading, but well there is a crisis in Japan at the moment. So of course the stocks of Japanese countries would fall.

4. 605
    Tempos

Tempos Loyal Member

As with most things, there are probably many more happy users who haven't voiced an opinion compared to the few that complain. Personally I don't see the 3DS as being for me, I'd rather have a single large high resolution screen (NGP).

5. 16
    grimmer190

grimmer190 Loyal Member

Yea, because everyone wants to pay $250 for a 3DS just to turn off the 3D function....

6. 720
    Ahmed_p800

Ahmed_p800 Loyal Member

Communication Engineer @Nokia MEA
    WTFock with the misleading title Zeus....Come on, this is getting so stupid!!!!
    This is the first time I say this, And Ive been around in Maxconsole since 2005
    Are you getting paid or do you have something against the 3DS??? (on personal level?)
    Enough is Enough O___o?!!!

7. 5
    koby_stam

koby_stam Loyal Member

For all commenters - before you waste your time:

Don't you get it?! Zeus is employing troll tactics to increase clicks and comments on his posts by inflaming Nintendo fanboys and fangals...don't fall to his troll trap and simply don't comment.

I will bet $50 that Zeus is angry that Nintendo didn't send him a free 3DS for review like they did with real game related sites, so he is just decided to attack them...and then saw the increased traffic to his idiotic posts so he decided to make it his mission.

I am not a fanboy, simply an avid gamer, I am lucky to have every game console possible, including the 3DS and the NGP when it will be out.

8. 92
    VampiricDragon_

VampiricDragon_ Loyal Member

800k is basically outselling the psp immediately after launch but slightly trailing the ds.

All in all thats good

And zeus is such a fanboy.

He couldnt even use a proper titles for the article

9. 92
    VampiricDragon_

VampiricDragon_ Loyal Member

Yeah they would its optional. Its better than the ds in every conceivable way anyway

10. 11
    worthy

worthy Loyal Member

Not to mention you can use the motion controls better with the 3d turned off.

11. 697
    Almighty_Peanut

Almighty_Peanut Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    same here.

12. 28
    Krakn3Dfx

Krakn3Dfx Loyal Member

Fanboy bias oozes out of this dude's articles on the site, whether it's about the 3DS or not.

No swag bag for you dude.

13. 218
    JBSleek

JBSleek Loyal Member

Figures? Sources? Logic?

14. 50
    largand

largand Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    thats the same thing i been thinking the whole time i been reading all the 3ds news on this site, it seems to be working also he baits then and they fall for it.

15. 402
    zecht

zecht BANNED FOREVER

You guys, the stores shelves are stocked full of 3DS's. After buying and using one, I can't help but feel nauseous when I even think about playing it. There is one other console that I can say that about..

That's right Virtual Boy. Played it once and never wanted to play it again. Same type of thing here. The 3d effect is a failure. If it doesn't bother you, trust me, you're the minority.

16. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

No need analyist to understand this. Japanese people have most important thing to think.

17. 11
    worthy

worthy Loyal Member

According to all the stores selling it, your the MINORITY and I believe them for 4 reasons:

1) I have a history of dizzyness and blackout problems, yet i'm okay with the 3D and thats saying something, so chances are those who do feel sick are playing piliot wings for ages in one go with 3D on full.

2) The Sun published this story, but since then they have found out that all the shops selling 3DS's disagree and that only a few have been refunded (ironically even the shops the Sun mentioned say the opposite to them)... not to mention the flawed 'fat man walking with 3DS getting high blood pressure experiment', which has been proven by various sites to be flawed and as a result the Sun has thrown in the towel and they stopped mentioning it... sounds to me like the anti-gaming media trying to demonise our hobby again only to fail.

3) The Sun made several refrences to Maxconsole and have even spoken with it's “Spokesman” Zeus, but since then Zeus has posted non-stop about the 3DS being bad to the point where everyone is thinking he holds a grudge against the 3DS/he's a Sony or Xbox fanboy/he probabbly has eye problems/he has never seen or played a 3DS, etc... so that futher ruins the credibility of the Suns story as not only did they get this from an amature gaming site (no offence, but it's hardly IGN now), they speak to a person who has shown himself to hold strong anti-Nintendo views.

4) How come it's just people over here in the UK having problems when it's been sold all over the world and if they are then how come we don't hear it? Maybe it's because they have the sense to try before they buy and can read a manual?

As for todays anti-3DS story, I agree that Nintendo and other developers should make more games for the older gamer on the 3DS, more so because it's not advised for under 7's.

18. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Come Christmas it will be Nintendo stock takes a sharp rise, this time of year for a cosnole launch is never a great idea, no bugger is looking to buy them until later int he year for christmas and the like, and given this fantastic weather we have had i suspect most people are makign the most of it, says somthing when i had to go find somewhere else to take the dogs for a walk yesterday as Beechwood park where I usually take them was swamped (not a prob for my muts but 3 bloody huskys pulling me to see what someone is doing is a tad on the painfull side :) ).

19. 48
    sybob

sybob Loyal Member

requesting to ban zeus from maxconsole.net. enough is enough.

20. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

lol @ ban zeus cuz he's "shitting" on the 3ds.

haha.

bottom line, at this point the 3d is affecting some folks an other things, but still too early to tell how much of an effect it.

i think the 3ds will be successful, i'd be suprsied if it wasn't.