hit tracker

Article: Nintendo Wii is running out of steam - Sony

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Apr 11, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

Hamsterman-SWE Loyal Member

well how come my ps3 is already out of steam and it haven't been a year since I got my ps3.:rolleyes:

3. 0
    jamsplodge

jamsplodge Guest

Got to agree, apart from Uncharted there really is very little that appeals on the PS3. Heavenly Sword was good but I can't think of any other exclusives that to me are must haves. The controller is awful too, which makes a huge difference.

4. 673
    put4558350

put4558350 Loyal Member

Then Wii 2, Wii hd or Supper Wii is replace it.

... for less than $600

5. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Has this guy looked at Move recently?

This guys an ignoramus, especially with comments like "why would I buy a console without a HDD" and that comment about adults not playing a DS on a plane.

consoles which dont rely on DD or only have small amounts of it dont need it. Besides the OS from what I've seen is it biggest problem for expandability so that couldn't be changed anyway even if it did have a HDD.

6. 2,591
    EL_CAD

EL_CAD Loyal Member

Comon Nintendo, dontcha know that people want to run system updates, game updates and then lengthy installations before they watch some unskippable cutscenes.

7. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Again, sony wish they were as out of steam as Nintendo, if Nintendo are out of steam then Sony are dead on arrival.

Just more shite to try and downplay the 3DS before the NGP launch as they know it's a good chance it will leave the NGP for dust.

8. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Yep, more sony smear campaign. Nintendo sold more this gen w/ 3ds, wii already than sony will sell psp and ps3 in its 10 year life cycle.

wii still outsells ps3.... Bottom line. NGP has a half a year to copy nintendo 3ds features and try to out do them. But during that time we get to listen to sony gripe and moan about Nintendo because "if you cant beat them..... insult them, until you have a chance to copy them and claim you invented it first" is their campaign slogan.

9. 46
    DemonSurfer

DemonSurfer Loyal Member

I have all the current systems including 2 PS3's and it's very rare i play on the PS3,very rare indeed,Little Big Planet 2 and Killzone 3 probably the last things i played and i thought LBP2 was a let down compared to the 1st one.
    Mostly play 360 simply because of "Live" for COD Zombies.
    Quite often play the Wii too which i've had since launch even though i have "Move" and "Kinect" i still think Wii does the "Motion" job better as it's more fun and doesn't feel like it's tacked on like 360 and PS3 with their desperate attempt to get another 5 years out of their systems.
    Nintendo are the innovators the rest just immitate but miss the point,games would be nowhere near as good or as fun without Nintendo,it's that simple.

10. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    I have Move and Wii controls, and so far Move is far behind Wii.

Move is also laggy, and its too much hassle to configure every damn game every time you start it. There is different way to calibrate on every damn game too. DOH. What about a standard Sony? Or do it the Wii way? 1 calibration, and run 1000's of games on that one time config?

Xbox 360 is the most "perfectionised" system this gen.

1.) It have the features PS3 users is begging for on PS3, but dont get it.
    2.) 360 only have 1-2 FW updates each year, because of new additions and changes.
    3.) Achievements syncs directly online.
    4.) Game patches is only 2.MB each, while PS3 patches is up to over 1.GB! (Jeez)
    5.) Kinect outsells Move, because its professionally made and not a half-ass stripped down wii clone. (Move Navigon dont even have motion sensing)

I owned PS3, 360 and Wii for years, so i'm familiar with how it all works.

11. 387
    cafevincent

cafevincent Loyal Member

Oh so this guy thinks the internal 512mb SSD of the Wii is a deal breaker? Has this guy even played the Wii? Does he know it looks like absolute sh*t in any modern TV? That's been the one major problem since it was launched.