hit tracker

Article: PS Vita RAM reduction 'confirmed'

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jul 28, 2011.

1. 965
    John Crichton

John Crichton Loyal Member

come on, they announced the ram cut before

2. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Isn't that sort of a contradiction? If they like being constraint, and have "a whole lot of headroom" doesn't that mean that it's not "good for developers"? Funny part is that they'll probably be using lack of ram as an excuse of why this game or that game doesn't look too good.

I think you missed his point. Not everybody is all about graphics and he thinks that he can still get good games out of the console with less ram. That is of course his opinion, I also believe specs are not the that important. This won't really be a factor in Vita's eventual downfall. It's just one more thing to be annoyed about as far as I care.

..... LOL! Oh hypocrisy, thy name is sallu. Seriously, funniest thing I've read/heard all day long. Couldn't even manage to read the rest of the post.

3. 194
    nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

Why not... Nintendo does it all the time and no one bitches about it.

4. 194
    nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

Was it really

5. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Only if you wanted real 1080P gaming like Sony promised :p lol

But all things considered it really makes no difference to me how much RAM is in a system as long as it has fun games, I think the SNES had like 128K of RAM and it still has more fun games on it then all three current gen systems...

6. 6,199
    Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
    Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Home Page:
    http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
    but we take the ps3 ram 256 for video and it has games that are still looking better each year, and a hell of a lot smaller systems 256 plus cpu and gpu its not really going to affect much, sure more power would be good but dont people sit and say about nintendo its not about power its about the games? and this isnt really going to affect games really handheld games arent going to need that much power, still its going to have smoother looking games that of the 3ds.

RE mercenaries on the 3ds is piss poor, enemy animations in the distance is jerky t feck.

7. 6,199
    Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
    Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Home Page:
    http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
    i agree, but saying that its still better than any other handheld console out there so again are people just moaning because its sony?

8. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

Hamsterman-SWE Loyal Member

Didn't they used the same argument when they created ps3 to be hard to make games for? the only reason where that the system would keep holding a decade and made the software development process a pain for the developers.:confused:It would not even surprise me if they doing it for same reason or to match to the nintendo 3ds' pricedrop.

9. 18
    wiihead2012

wiihead2012 Loyal Member

sony i will cut your nuts off before i buy any of your products again

10. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Killer for your identity and personal info :p

11. 947
    DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

Given the fact that Vita has a lower res than the PS3, I think it should be ok. But I kinda doubt it's at 1600 MHz like the PS3... Hmmm...

That's actually an oxymoron. PSN stands for "PlayStation Network". But it was funny. It made me laughed a little, on the inside.

12. 38
    Sallu

Sallu Loyal Member

Oh Mr. Mschanz, when u don’t have an answer then come to irrelevant things. if we organize a poll to vote for the biggest loser within maxconsole, I don’t see anyone else even close to u. And all members agrees on it. u have got the reward now, keep talkn **** boy….

13. 1,017
    MadMax31

MadMax31 Loyal Member

When is exactly good for any programmer / developer to work under constraint?, I am an engineer (electrical) and I can tell you contrains only make the project harder (whether are hardware, software or time), are Sony really that stupid?, I mean there are a million excuses they can give (price, size, etc.) but they came with this??? Sigh...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  14. 984
    WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Yeah really. Remember those add on ram carts for the 64 and all the games that never took advantage of them? So weak.

15. 984
    WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Nah man, they'll go with 2 ply, because they have Stringer to seperate the plys, since he really has no other use at all. They get two for the price of one that way. ;)

16. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Its Sony speaking **** as usual. Nuff said. Sony make people look stupid, and Sony themselves is too stupid to understand that. Which moron hire their morons?
    I'm so f********ing tired of Sony's stupid and meaningless comments. How stupid do they think people is? Their "out of this world" comments is practically pissing on their customers and punish them.

They were so stupid that they even thought that nearly 2 months of PSN downtime was forgotten in 1 day. DOH.

Before you flame me and call me anti-sony, i will tell you that i own ~90 retail games on PS3 and near 200 on PSN.
    I can even prove it.

Still, i think Sony is more stupid and LAME as they ever been. No other company says so much crap as Sony.
    I'm wondering if they do it on purpose, because most cant be as stupid as Sony for 15 years.

When thats said, in will never buy a PS4. Besides PS3, Sony have been banned in my home since 1995 because of their stupid lame brains. I will never ever buy anything from them the rest of my life. They arent even the best at anything they make.

17. 984
    WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

That rant was priceless. Well said man, well said. LOL

18. 1,439
    IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
    If this wasn't sarcastic...then it's quite the lame comparison.

1: The Expansion Pak was optional through the entire systems lifespan.
    2: It came packaged with DKC64(And already installed in the DKC64 System), I think it may have come with Majora's Mask too, can't remember.
    3: MOST games that used it, didn't REQUIRE it, but could make use of it. There were only TWO games that required it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninten...t_of_games_that_support_the_N64_Expansion_Pak

19. 984
    WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Not even a comparison, just reminiscing about old times, that's all. RAM is RAM, add it, take it away, use it, don't use it, similar stuff.

20. 1,439
    IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
    Would be nice if they would start actually putting out add-ons like that if it keeps base system cost down. Slap in another 256MB of RAM for $50 and there's a noticeable increase in texture detail thanks to the added RAM? I like the idea...because I don't HAVE to pay for it if I don't want it.

It's part of why I don't care much for the PS3...all I want is a game console, and I don't want to be subsidizing your entertainment center in buying one with added things I don't want.