hit tracker

Article: PS3 exploit leads to extreme Gran Turismo 5 hacking

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jan 13, 2011.

1. 1,808
    Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

Again what does Duped Cars have to do with Jailbroken PS3's?
    PD have essentially given everyone Card Blanch to do this when they removed Copy-protection form the Game Save feature of the Game.

Talk about a much-to-do-about-nothing....

2. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Did not know that... why would they do such a thing?

Does this affect online races though? aren't there certain horsepower/powertrain/induction requirements?

3. 1,808
    Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

Cause more People care about ruining a Game then they do abut b!tching about the lack of any real support for Wheels other then the lowly DFGT or the outrageously priced T500RS.
    (i.e. Everyone and their Dog petitioned PD to remove the CP from the Gamesaves)
    Personally it doesn't bother me as I can't get into most Rooms, and those that I do only seem to have 12 Year Old's in them so I mostly play offline anyway
    And it's much more rewarding to earn those Cars in the first place.

IIRC They removed the CP with the 1.03 Patch.

I don't know at the moment the above is a much bigger problem.
    Given current events though, Hardcore Game Modification like this Thread suggests could become more common, thankfully I haven't ran into it yet.

In closing the sooner S0NY get their flippn' B&Hammer going the better.
    Such losers belong on XLinkKai and not on XBL! or PSN.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
  4. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

I see... needless to say I'm also baffeled as to why they would ignore the g25/27 issue. I would say that somebody got paid off, but I doubt many peripheral makers are in a better position than logitech to pay people off.

As far as the protection thing, why would they willingly cater to people that want to cheat? I mean is there another reason they would want that? and that's a serious question by the way. I wholeheartedly agree that cheaters should be banned from the any of the online services; honestly cheating at home, without bothering others is passable I guess; although like you, I don't quite see the sense in getting the cars like that.

5. 1,808
    Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

No Thrustmaster paid off PD to ~presumably~ forget that Logitech and Fanatech Paid them (SCE of A, E and J), License Fees to allow them to even sell there Wheels to begin with.

Then along come the One Game that actually merits a Wheel and an even more extortionate "Playseat" (really have you priced these things?), and S0NY are like bahhh it's not my problem.

And suddenly everyone in Europe is like whoaa wheres my DFGT, cause as it would seem Logitech aren't making 'em anymore. And I'm left to wonder on what the Hell I just dropped the best half of 350.00€ (No I didn't get the absolute best deal), on a Wheel (That I was lead to believe to work), on the only Game I ever wanted a Wheel for.

I suppose once I get me a PVC Homebrew Playseat (lol), up and running I'll have to go back and reexamine PC Simming.
    Thing is living in Germany, I gather the interest in Games where you drive @200MPH and turn left, aren't really in demand. :mad:

Plus the fact that I pretty much forsook PC Gaming since like Half-Life 2 how ever long ago that was. and sans the Mainframe (pulling duty as a HTPC Linux VDR [DVB-C and DVB-S / S2]), I'm only running a Laptop as my "PC" and a Netbook as the Lappy for when I'm on the go.

But I guess it's better then letting the thing catch dust.

Oh looky there there:
    http://www.maxconsole.net/content.p...ines-G25-G27-steering-wheel-comes-to-Xbox-360

THIS COULD BE VERY VERY INTERESTING: If the Price is right!

6. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

7. 1,808
    Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member