hit tracker

Article: PSP2 to be as powerful as PS3, EA suggests

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 122
    downlowfunk

downlowfunk Loyal Member

Battery to come in backpack.

3. 720
    Ahmed_p800

Ahmed_p800 Loyal Member

Communication Engineer @Nokia MEA
    Power is NOT everything....that what she said!!! :p

Still im more exited about the 3DS.

4. 5,233
    Azariel

Azariel Loyal Member

You mean the nuclear ones....1.21 Gigawatts !!!

5. 415
    doxology

doxology Loyal Member

well that would be awesome, however that means a couple of different things. awful battery life and means its going to be crazy expensive. which happen to be two of the biggest things you don't want from a handheld.

6. 1,405
    unwanted

unwanted Loyal Member

Sony still aint got a clue about portable gaming... come to that they aint got a clue about online gaming... as for driving games, they've just lost the plot...

7. 229
    Ragnarok

Ragnarok Loyal Member

Literally as powerful as a PS3? Not a chance. But powerful enough for PSP2 games to look as good as PS3 games on a smaller screen? Quite possibly.

8. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    when they say as powerful, they really mean it will have more ram and the games will appear to look as good despite being half the resolution.

9. 1,086
    Anil8tr

Anil8tr Loyal Member

He was merely eluding to the fact Sony turns a deaf ear to their customers who provide feedback to them in regards to their products. Sony has gotten a lot of good quality feedback from us gamers. How much was actually implemented into their products? What was removed? I won't even bother answering that...

THEY think they know what is best for us and won't listen to us. Yes, they are going to get their asses handed to them once again in the handheld market because they will not look at their own history. What good does all the horses under the hood do for you if your games are lacking? It's like owning a sports car and never being able to leave the driveway.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
  10. 114
    DaMan1900

DaMan1900 Loyal Member

PIE EATER
    if this thing is over 250, and the launch games arent appealing i wont be picking this up. i want some new ips, or a decent spin off of a good franchise NO ports.

11. 1,113
    beterweter

beterweter Loyal Member

great scott!!!:p

thats pretty heavy doc...

12. 447
    urmaster

urmaster Loyal Member

Guess they just don't learn hey.

13. 872
    KingPepper

KingPepper Loyal Member

Warehouse work / Goods in
    How the hell are Sony going to deal with the enormous heat build up in this handheld, it will most probably fry your hand to the device, we all know how hot the XBOX 360 & PS3 get.............answer me this one, i think we are all dying to know. :confused:

14. 513
    maxRus

maxRus Loyal Member

Next they will start showing Pics of Tekken, RIIIIDDDGGE RACER, and Gran Turismo for the PSP2. then we will never see them until 2014!

15. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

For me the main thing about a handheld is battery life, if I am stuck someplace for a few hours (it happens) and waiting.... I don't care what the graphics look like to be honest. I am still playing my DS fairly often (Golden Sun Dark Dawn) and its good enough to convey the story to me. What good is a handheld that has a battery life of less then an hour?

If the PSP2 is as powerful as they say then I hope it has a beefy batter pack and is using chips that are in the 32nm range, that way it can run for at least 2 hours.

16. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

lol sarcasm or not, i dunno how anyone could think the psp2 would have a batter life less than an hour.

i don't see it having any less than around 5 or so, which isn't too bad at all.

we'll see.

17. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

lol well some game systems in the past could eat up batteries like they where giving them away for free, and that was back before rechargeables where popular or cheap.... I had a friend who had an Atari Lynx and that thing was awesome but portable? Yeah if you carried a small suitcase of batteries with you lol

Yeah I hope it has more then an hour of life too, I have my doubts but if Sony packs a larger battery they can put in nice components and still have decent battery life. The only downsides are weight and maybe it takes a little longer charge?

Beyond that even Nintendo claims the 3DS will not enjoy the same amount of battery life that the DS enjoyed (I get like 4 hours at least out of my old DS Lite)

18. 126
    coresnake

coresnake Loyal Member

No
    Its a good thing because it will promote more battery R&D which means longer life for all your electronic products.

19. 687
    NeoNight

NeoNight Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    And it will retail for five hundred and ahh forget it.

20. 5,233
    Azariel

Azariel Loyal Member

I don't think that PSP2 battery problem would become a "push" for R&D on battery life for other products, ...I pretty much see as a engineering problem, and tagged as "unrealistic" balance between power and usage ..