hit tracker

Article: Sony admits new PSN security exploit

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by Zeus, May 18, 2011.

By Zeus on May 18, 2011 at 8:30 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com

Comments

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by Zeus, May 18, 2011.

1. 1,102
      JordanBlack68

JordanBlack68 Loyal Member

Old news, and its been patched

2. 56
      Gloris

Gloris Loyal Member

is this the same problem that stopped sign-in on the websites/password reset links?

cos that's still not fixed yet :\

3. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      news to some. not everyone visits every website related to gaming and spends all day at home :p

its major fail on sonys part though. youd think they would have fixed the issues with people abusing urls like this. just shows sony is stubborn.

its just a matter of time before another 'exploit' comes out. i see alot of downtime for psn in the future (here and there)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    4. 1,086
      Anil8tr

Anil8tr Loyal Member

I just wanted to say if you aren't playing The Witcher 2 on PC you are WRONG! No PSN? Play TW 2. You will not regret it. Don't like mouse and keyboard use like me, just plug in your 360 controller and all is good. Totally off topic but better than beating this dead PSN horse again and again.

5. 1,102
      JordanBlack68

JordanBlack68 Loyal Member

Actually this news broke out like 24 hours ago, so it is old news, you don't have to sit at home all day to figure that out. :p

6. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

It is my fault this is so late.

7. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

This had to be stringers response when he got the news over the last month. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
    8. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

What happened to people working around the clock to make sure everything was right? Or hiring the security expert?

Really sony would have been better off giving geohot a job. Some is gonna make a movie about this.
      I wouldn't trust sony to watch my dog for a hour.

9. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

i only saw it for the first time today. i dont sit there refreshing news sites when im on the computer so.

its just lame as **** when someone has to post in the forum that its old news. heaven forbid sites relay the info. i suppose the people who say the news on this site is old are too stupid to realize that there can only be one person or site or whatever who can break news. anytime its mentioned it becomes old news and if it werent for sites like this one or whatever, there would be alot of people missing news because not everyone has 100 pages bookmarked to read every single article out there. think about it.

10. 194
      nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

Are you sure?... because it looks like your one of the ones that lives in this website...

11. 18
      wiihead2012

wiihead2012 Loyal Member

sony, I am sick of your ****, i will never buy your products and i will never support you in any way,
      You're Fired!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
    12. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

why is that? because i make posts you dont agree with?

check the timestamps of my posts... im not posting all day long everyday. usually after work ill check the news and respond to something. then i check back say an hour or two later whatever.. whenever i have a smoke basically to see if anyone made a stupid comment quoting me (its actually VERY common believe it or not... i see a lot of posts that are just obvious fanboys offended by some tidbit in my post which lightens my boring nights after a hard days work).

i do come here often enough to know hardly any front page news appears on weekend or weeknights. most everything is during the normal 9-5 in the EST (it usually just appears at once though with some news trickling in)... but then again, it wouldnt take a smart person or even someone who comes to the site much at all to see that.

****. i just realized you validated my point.

13. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

They're still imbeciles, but at least they're recognizing it this time. Glad to see that a few angry consumers complaining (well really just one, the senator dude) still have some power to make some changes; however small they may be.

14. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

I've not heard anything on the several sites I vist while in work so it is news. Do you think the big news networks go, "Oh no there was an earthquake in ..." then one of the producers says "It happened 20 minutes ago and another news network covered it, so no point us doing it now as it's old news". What about news papers that report on the previous days news, most of their news is 24hrs old, do they say sod it as it's old news? :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's bad that they let this slip by in the rush to get PSN back up but a good sign that they are now paying attention to security by catching it right away.

15. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Oh good God. $oni is becoming a joke. :(

16. 95
      drwoogie

drwoogie Loyal Member

17. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

They are probably right but I doubt many place much faith in the Sony PR machine at the mo, finding someone onthe street and asking them what the problem was when they have no idea what you are on about is more likley to get an answer closer tot he truth than what Sony likes to dish out. But meh, so long as it's fixed and PSN is working, thats the best PR they can have at the mo.

18. 87
      thefunkhunter

thefunkhunter Loyal Member

i'm not sure how but i think i might of indirectly caused the crash, but who knows?

19. 1,405
      unwanted

unwanted Loyal Member

check out the Submit news section for new news...

1. its sometimes quicker than waiting days for the powers that be to put it on the main page when it breaks...

2. you also get to see who found the news in the first place...

btw: this news was submitted 11.45am yesturday... makes you wonder why we bother?

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011