hit tracker

Article: Sony 'clarifies' PSN SIX week return reports

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, May 9, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

all the ps3 fanboys are crying now....

:cool:

3. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    DC Universe and Socom 4 players really got what they payed for. ;)

After this, i will never buy a online only game for PS3. Only if its budget title.

4. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Where were you? they've been crying for QUITE a while.

5. 3,748
    MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

*Sigh* oh sony....

6. 0
    ando2k5

ando2k5 Guest

people should forget PSN if you ask me 6 weeks which is no doubt the earliest date

plus it's been off for what now near a month?

3 month outage will there be any PSN users left?

7. 673
    put4558350

put4558350 Loyal Member

this is waiting

don't.believe

8. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

I wonder if they'll offer a free trial to xbox live gold as their next gift?

9. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Their next offer is probably 25% off on Locomotion, or Lemmings.

10. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

The lemmings discount is already given by Foxconn ;)

11. 56
    Gloris

Gloris Loyal Member

i only want to get back the stuff i've paid for.....my 60gb console died (YLOD) a day before the psn went down....so now i've got my replacement, but can't re-download all the sttuff i've bought and paid for :\

12. 456
    Attitude

Attitude Loyal Member

I had to phone xbox support this morning and jokingly asked the guy on the phone that seeing as he was giving me deals galore on xbox live gold could he find out when the PSN will be back up, the guy must have thought i was being serious and explained the reason why the ps3 was hacked and thats because unlike the 360 the ps3 is half a pc too :confused: but couldnt give me any indication and i would be better speaking to Sony.

Suffice to say i thought best not to ask him to explain that as all i wanted was 12months live lol

13. 49
    bigste

bigste Loyal Member

i think there will be lots of cheap ps3's on ebay soon !:mad:

14. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

The good thing is that it is a free service. If this happened with Microsoft, there will be a class action for sure.

15. 15
    chumberwumber

chumberwumber Loyal Member

[​IMG]
    i bet this is what their thinking :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

16. 0
    ando2k5

ando2k5 Guest

17. 424
    bennyb

bennyb Loyal Member

theres a few of my mates pure ps3 fanboys they have all jumped ship if you want a ps3 second hand now is the time to get one

18. 209
    custm_made

custm_made Loyal Member

tbh I could really care less that PSN is down. to everyone bitching, STFU!!! Ya'll act like you cant live 6 weeks without playing a game online....pathetic.

19. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Six weeks on top of almost a month already. It isn't just playing online it's everything from playing certain offline games to handing in your portal code.. removing your details from the service.. renewing accounts.. blablabla.

20. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

People trip me out with that hole argument.
    psn + is not free
    psn being down made some games not function at all, ask capcom
    MMO`s require psn

But psn being down is the mega screw up here. Its the fact this IS THE BIGGEST DATA LEAK EVER!
    ^^^^^^^^^that should be a class action lawsuit and 100 million accounts where stolen and if sony should be investigated to make sure their security was up to date and if not should be held liable like a bank would be if they left the vault open and didn't lock the front doors at night.

People should stop bringing microsoft into this... They have nothing to do with it and probably have a hell of alot more security than sony did, plus they don't go to war with hackers just to say hey look at our company penis.

people keep saying psn is free yet everytime someone does, someone else has to remind them of simple facts every single time. Did psn just come out yesterday or something? Did every ps3 user just forget about psn+? NO
    microsoft has been running live for 5 years more before psn even came out and never had a screw up this big. NOBODY HAS! Thats why this is the worst in history.

Sony went around pissing off who ever they could and people like me and everyone else who has been around the net for longer than 1 year knows hackers are not the people to goto war with. They are smart as hell and know how to use what they know and thats stuff most of us and people like me have no clue on what they did. But we know people are smart enough to make a living being security engineers to prevent hackers.

Now im ranting..... i know... but geeez the same debates on every single website over and over.

There is reasons why the hackers went after sony and NOT Nintendo and NOT MICROSOFT. Once people see that, then they will know why the hole "had this happened to microsoft or nintendo?" debate seems silly. It didnt and probably never will.

rant off... Sony cant even get their press releases right.