hit tracker

Article: Sony doesn't think the NGP is lacking much

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Apr 8, 2011.

1. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

For sure. It is a console without even 1280X1024 resolution.

2. 631
    MilkyJoe

MilkyJoe Loyal Member

l2 & r2 buttons.

3. 146
    Vik Abominae X

Vik Abominae X Loyal Member

As far as R2/L2 goes, you could most likely just use the rear touchpad to simulate them...I don't know about you, but I don't want bulky triggers jutting off the back of my PSP2...I like the flat back...

4. 2,829
    xllzerollx

xllzerollx Loyal Member

i think its good as it is. I love the specs just hopping it doesnt cost 600$
    i dont care about hdmi, why would i want to watch on tv my portable device having my ps3 in here. i already have it on my evo and is nothing i used

5. 14
    Supabongwong

Supabongwong Loyal Member

The worst thing that they did was not put an SD[HC/XC] memory card slot. They put them in all of their new digital cameras...but I guess Sony doesn't bother to ask the other areas of technology what they are doing.

Are you kidding me? Ever since the PSP - releasing MS Duo...which was priced so fackin high, while SD has always been affordable for the capacity. And now they're making another new card for the NGP? That's my biggest beef, I have a Wii, PS3, and 360. I mainly play my PS3 so I don't really need an HDMI out so I don't mind.

I JUST WANTED SOME INTERNAL 16GB STORAGE, AND A CHEAP MEMORY STICK!!!

6. 984
    WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Anybody know what kind of Ram/memory this thing has? How much is allocated to the GPU, and how much is allocated to the rest of the system?

7. 437
    Cloudkill

Cloudkill Loyal Member

ITC techy
    At then end of the day the NGP needs just one collection of things that wont turn it into a over priced paper weight and thats GAMES!
    And I'll tell you all this now, the second the NGP gets hacked expect developers and even Sony to start shying away from the system like they did with the PSP, The reason Nintendo handhelds do so well is because there cheap to develop for and your pritty much going to sell at good numbers, developers I think are going to be understandably nervous of the NGP as piracy is a bigger thing on PSP than on the DSi/3DS.

8. 0
    Squirrel61

Squirrel61 Guest

No, you don't understand. If I buy a toaster and hack it so it can also cook pasta and I hack my krups to make smoothies, that's my own business. If I publish the hack on the internet, so other people could hack their own toaster or coffee maker to do the same, that's their business. We all lawfully bought the devices with our own money. But what I hate about Sony is that if THEY where the maker of the toaster and the coffee machine (thank God they aren't), they would sue me to death over hacking it. That's not ethic and that's what I'm complaining at. And that's the sole reason I will never buy anything with Sony on it anymore. Period.

9. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Dude, must take my hat off to you I knew you guys still exsisted but not seen you since the old Sega v Nintendo years, you have to be the first nintendo fanboy I've seen on here in god knows how long :)

Anyway, you are way off, MC for 99% of the news is links to other sites, which is why I like comming here as it's less hassle than looking around on breaks, so what you get here is next to no different than what is circutlating on most gaming sites as far as the 3DS goes. As for Sony bias, the usuall consensus from our resident pack of Sony fanboys is that the site is MS biased so you have competition on that front, but it's always nice for some one to turn up and see that what they think is the sites bias is not the case it's just their own personla bias not being fed every day by the news ont he site, this is no different as far as 3/DS stuff goes.

Come back in a few weeks when this has all died down and no doubt sony will get all the piss take press if their current Boss of Bullshit -Doesn't know Jack **** tretton carries on his usual ways. To be fair in the time i've been here both MS and Sony bear the brunt of the bad news, the most nintendo gets is, not much to do after wii sports and what there is few and far between.

Just remember if it was just straight statment making their would be no forums to discuss it, therefore it's not a case of this is the facts, it's this is what is being claimed, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
  10. 673
    put4558350

put4558350 Loyal Member

Its lacking "Linux"

11. 262
    lucifer316

lucifer316 Loyal Member

one of the problems with my analogy is you arent getting free toast and coffee now with your newly hacked toaster and coffee maker however people are getting free games with these hacks on sonys devices

if you think that somehow sony is unethical because they dont want people playing games for free on their system i just dont know what to say to that

why people think they are entitled to free games is absolutely beyond me

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
  12. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

lol @ ds users talking about good games.

yeah the ds has reeallly good games, no kiddie shovelware at all..

:cool:

sure alot of psp games aren't the best either, but most psp games destroy ds games, yeah 3ds looks to be getting some more better/adult games, but regardless, the majority will be kid crap how i see it, just another reason why no hardcore gamers really care about the wii either.

anyway ngp looks good so far, let's just see if sony doesn't overpice it and fail it like they pretty much did the psp, not that it really did fail, psp did good enough but yeah could've done better.

def looking foward to a ngp, if the price isn't too steep among other things.

13. 7
    morazan007

morazan007 Loyal Member

o_O

Are you retarded?!? just because he writes about Sony products that makes him a fanboy? look at the "article", there is nothing bias in it. Also, Maxconsole, should have a filter for featured comments(like kotaku), that is to say, not retarded comments. I want to read smart comments, not **** like you and other people write.

Besides, Sony,Nintendo,Microsoft, or apple, are not Charities, they are businesses. They need to protect their product (that is how they make money). It is probably pointless to say that in here, because based on the comments I have read, most people here do not understand business at all.

14. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

be carefull it doesn't slip out of your hands and break on the floor after you have covered it in lube :p