hit tracker

Article: Sony: Profit more important than passing the xbox 360

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by danight, Feb 22, 2011.

1. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

2. 717
    Calidrifter

Calidrifter Loyal Member

profits are all that matter for a business. Sony is doing much better than when they started. Was looking kinda bleak for a while. :cool:

3. 218
    JBSleek

JBSleek Loyal Member

Sony is doing good. PS3 and SOE is profitable. PSN didn't make it in this fiscal year but they should be able to do it next, keep adding PS+ features and your good. Now passing Xbox is difficult to predict because Xbox has Kinect and whether you like it or not it's good technology and sells units. Who cares who has second or third. Were all gamers.

4. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    ps3 will never return profits in its lifetime. maybe now each console sold puts money in their pocket, but the defecit they created is much too large.

its weird though, why didn't sony make a statement like this when it was actually outselling 360 month on month? seems like a statement they made only to be able to fall back on at the end of the days saying 'we werent even trying to beat 360. see! we said we were concentrating on profit, not second place!!!!!'

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
  5. 690
    Mchief298

Mchief298 Loyal Member

Yea the more money they can throw away on useless lawsuits the better...

6. 194
    nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

WOW.... you must have exclusive meetings with Sony to know all this......

7. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

For sure, this explain whay Ps3 and games are the most expansive in the world.

8. 190
    tommo120

tommo120 Loyal Member

Maybe what they should do is focus more on making customers happy than beating the competition, companies just seems to follow each other like sheep these days and its starting to get quite annoying if you ask me

9. 1,034
    wigsplitta

wigsplitta Loyal Member

Well, it's all pretty much public information. I took a quick glance at their annual income statement and it's not too impressive. This is for the whole corp. but I'm willing to bet the losses I see aren't because they are churning profits on the PS3 or anything else they're making. I'm not arguing for or against but just saying that if a product is selling well it doesn't mean that the company has made any profits from it.
    http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/jsp/finance/compinfo/Ratios.jsp?tkr=SNE

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011