hit tracker

Article: Sony sued over PSN security issues, compensation demanded

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Apr 27, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 194
    nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

Sue Sony for billions... each person will get about $2.50 but the lawyers will earn millions. I can live with out an extra $2.50 in my pocket. PSN was free... what did you fools expect. If it happen to Xbox Live then yea I would be pissed cause I'm paying for there damn service.

3. 91
    Geoir

Geoir Loyal Member

Boxer
    Yeah but there are people who have PSN+ which is a paid service... I want PSN+ free for 5 years now =P

4. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

Hamsterman-SWE Loyal Member

well even if PSN is free so is wii's service but you don't see them getting hacked now would you?:rolleyes:

5. 888
    wewii

wewii Loyal Member

See!!! KARMA DOES EXIST!

What goes around, comes around. :p

lol

6. 156
    CalaMocha

CalaMocha Loyal Member

Studding
    Doesn't matter if the services is free or not if a company accepts online payment via creditcard then it's there responsobility to the costomer to offer them safe payment. This is nothing that a free DLC/game can cover up this is somthing much bigger.

7. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

well don't be so sure about that, there is always a way for a snake to escape in tight situations.:rolleyes:

8. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    ding ding ding.

hopefully people actually read your comment before they post.

9. 0
    soussi

soussi Guest

If they ask CC from the customers to pay some of their services then they should make it safe to use!!! In this case they did a louzy (very very louzy!!) job protecting the customers... they even steal info without even having the permission.. Comon they have gone to far!

ps: whatever the reason i never condone piracy or hacking to harm others. What sony did when stealing my personal info and million of others is the biggest pirate who even gets away with it and continue their practices.. What a world huh..

10. 888
    wewii

wewii Loyal Member

With the backwards ass way this world works, I wouldn't be surprised.

11. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

12. 156
    CalaMocha

CalaMocha Loyal Member

Studding
    Well you can always hope ;)

13. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Some judge is probably going to get an early Xmas gift from Sony ;).

14. 372
    p1nky

p1nky Loyal Member

Sue them into bankruptcy, it's what this "company" deserves after undermining the legal system in most countries in the world by buying laws, bribing government authorities, judges etc.

A bit more on topic: I find it incredible that companies like Sony and also Apple are even allowed to store your payment details. At Apple you can't even access the app store if you do not give them your CC details - even if you want to download only the free apps (yes there are some ways around that but that's more a trick than the normal signup process Apple intends for it's users). I think this is insane and I do not understand why this isn't outlawed. I mean I do understand why, because nowadays the laws are not made by objective people but are more or less bought by Apple, Sony and the other legally organized criminals...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
  15. 3,748
    MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

Oh gee, an american court penalising the big man? that will be a first. Not going to happen folks.

16. 163
    Moses015

Moses015 Loyal Member

Network Systems Engineer and Consultant
    OMFG Sony is just getting absolutely f**ked in the brown eye lately. The CFW, Master Keys, whole Geohot issue (admittedly came out in their favour), Anonymous, random hackers, and now this. Don't know if they're going to be able to come back well from this tarnished reputation. It's a bad time to be at Sony lol. Still love my PS3 though....

17. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

dont forget other os, LG lawsuits, psn is still down and 70 + million accounts for psn are floating around cyberspace.

This seriously could be the biggest screw up in all of gaming history!

18. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

While it's true the public won't see much onthe way of compensation, it will give sony a kick up the backside and get them to sort their act out.

Also so what if it's free, the PSN store most certainly isn't and I don't think anyone gave their card details so that anyone else would be welcome to use them.

19. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Hey come on, they were working hard to beat MS, just seem that the way they beat them got mixed up along the was and it was just beat them at somthing, and in the bigger schem of things, if these details get out and people start loosing money, that certainly ranks as worse than RRoD to me.

20. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

whats worse is the gen isnt over yet.... There is still time left for sony to screw up even worse than this......

I mean really... just when you think they hit a all time low. They blow that out the water and leave everyone with the "AMG....really!!!! reallyyyy!!!" look on their face.