hit tracker

Article: Team fail0verflow to release PS3 hack tools in January

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 30, 2010.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 13
    pinkxxx

pinkxxx Loyal Member

great! this gonna be epic :cool:

3. 17
    Krozoa

Krozoa Loyal Member

great, and hope sony learn from this one, and the next time dont remove things like they did (PS2, Other OS, some generic USB devises etc)

F**K SONY!!!

4. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:

to be fair to sony (and thats pretty hard for me) removing the ps2 compatibility, usb ports, card readers and such was quite fair as they were removed before retail, an argument could even be made for blocking some generic usb devices, removing other os, eoj servers were not.

5. 28
    Krakn3Dfx

Krakn3Dfx Loyal Member

This seems nasty, it pretty much opens the doors to things like multiplayer hacking, bots, and viruses on the PS3.

I can get behind emulation and homebrew, but if it's at the expense of online security on the system itself, then that's not a good thing IMO.

6. 17
    Krozoa

Krozoa Loyal Member

i know that those things were removed before retail but i dont think is fair, all the consoles i know exept for the PS3 as the time goes they come with more thing for example in this generation, Wii with wii sport, then wii + another game + motion plus, then Wii + Sport + another game = wii remote plus, the Xbox 360 was alone then they include 3 month of gold servise and with the new slim they got the Wi fi built in, and the PS3??? all i can think of is boundles with games

7. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Good gift to epifany. :p. but tool are useless without a hacker working with them. :(

8. 2,415
    crypysmoker

crypysmoker Loyal Member

Bothering people
    A hole in a box somewhere over the rainbow
    It so pisses me off everytime I see the one person come in and say Oh noes, here comes multipayer hacking....

You do understand that all the little twerp cheaters that are online use exploits/glitches in the games code to do what they do..... not messing around with a blu ray disc that they cant change.

I take it youve never played halo 2-reach, any call of duty..........

And viruses? Have you ever once heard of a damn virus for a console?

9. 725
    Tsujin

Tsujin Loyal Member

10. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Actually there were fake downgraders going about in the early-ish scene in which critical Flash0 files would be erased when the code was run, therefore bricked.

11. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    yeah right, getting rid of symantic products is harder than getting rid of aids

12. 965
    John Crichton

John Crichton Loyal Member

It was really dumb from sony to remove things like usb (lol, you have to plug the eye for move into the front, what a fail!), and ps2 retcom. (Remember iLink on PS2, and missing HD Slot in the slim after the realease of hdloader?)

13. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Here here!

14. 2,402
    Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/
    sure they will release the tools.

15. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Actually on the DS and the PSP there where virus's, well not virus's in the classic sense but more what I would call brickers.

Deliberate programs written to destroy systems or in the DS's case the flash cart itself. :(

It does make one wonder though, how secure are these consoles from remote exploits....

If I could zombie up all the PS3's at one time by some remote exploit, I would have one hell of a DDoS machine.

16. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

You know whats really sad about Symantec? They used to be awesome, Nortons system tools, I used them for years back in the 9X days awesome defrag and the registry tools where nice, Ghost ruled...

Now they suck the life out of PC's like some kind of vampire.