hit tracker

Article: Trusty source claims 250GB Xbox 360 SLIM plus WiFi for E3

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jun 11, 2010.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

i think this is the "even bigger announcement than NATAL",not really big either but it will be good if it has a slot loading dvd drive,quiet fans & a permenant fix for rrod.

3. 194
    nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

Wow... i kinda feel that the Wifi is something that it should of had since the beginning.

4. 313
    DunnyUK

DunnyUK Loyal Member

I hope so, will stick my Elite in the room and buy a slim.

5. 810
    splattered

splattered Loyal Member

If nintendo actually does drop an HD system and gets serious about having more "hardcore" games on the system then i would buy it... i sold my Wii a LONG time ago because it had crap graphics and online. Yeah some of the games were kind of fun but as an overall gaming experience for someone that isn't just a casual gamer... didnt seem worth keeping around.

6. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

indeed.

yeah wii is crap, u don't need to sugercoat it lol.

7. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    agreed, even if they did it originally to save money they should still have included it on the elite models.

8. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

true but adding the wifi to a faulty console is only going to increase their losses.

9. 87
    morcar

morcar Loyal Member

The Xbox 360 has been a loser in my eyes from day one with the mass problems they have had (eg rrod, discs being scratched etc). In fact I don't think they even beta tested it and yet you have a lot of brainless people who love the console like wtf its a broken console.

Now we will get the slim with added wifi and its smaller so i hope to god they have cured all the heat problems as i have fixed god knows how many 360's for friends with new heat sinks and fans, but i refuse to buy one because of all the problems.

Now the Wii i have never had any problems with ... well apart from kids putting money into the drive but thats not the Nintendo fault. Sure its got a load of shovelware but if you do your research you will find the good games and there are many, but because its all about the graphics now and not about how playable the game is people put there nose up to it.

All in all i think the gaming market has gotten very stuck up and snobby. I was around in the 80's with 8 bit computers and such and believe me it taught me a lot more about games and how to appreciate games even with lesser detailed graphics. In fact I still think some of the best games even now are the older ones, but that's for another time and another discussion.

10. 288
    Retro-guy

Retro-guy Loyal Member

Although I agree essentially with most of what you’re saying it’s not really fair to compare the 360 to the WII.

After all the Wii is essentially a Game Cube with a new lick of paint. It's selling point was its control system, which seems to appeal to a lot of casual gamers & there lies its success (and of course its a Nintendo so it would be rude not to buy it)

Games wise, I have never in the 35 years of buying consoles / Micros from the Atari VCS to 360/PS3 have seen so many poor titles on one system!!. I really only own the Nintendo ones.

We all know MS rushed out the 360 which has been discussed to death & was very unprofessional from a company like MS but you can’t dispute it's games library & Xbox Live.

I’ve got many 8-16 bit consoles, Micros & many games have bundles of playability, which these days seems to be lost on HD this Surround sound that but that’s just inevitable.

I really hope MS get it right with the 360 slim & they should have included a BR drive but I guess they will with their next console.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
  11. 87
    morcar

morcar Loyal Member

I dont even think blu ray will be used in the next xbox console they will do something else ... maybe use hd-dvd's ?

Another thing that i dont think will happen is the upgrading of the firmware because of the number of lawsuits that have followed bad updating and faults in the coding. With money being tight companies will cut corners even more than before.

12. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:

thats been my thought for some time, why pay blu-ray licensing fees when a hd-dvd licence could be had for little or nothing, it would make piracy much harder as you can get neither discs or burners anymore and sony wouldnt make any money from it as part of the blu-ray group, of course its already dvd compatable an i guess if they really wanted to stick the knife in they could make it read avc / mkv off a usb drive so it could play blu-ray rips.

13. 2,651
    kneehighspy

kneehighspy Loyal Member

Early Retirement, Relaxation
    i think the wifi being included now is far better than 3 years ago, at least now it will support a/b/g/n.

kinda curious though as if it will have slot loading or tray loading, i'm leaning toward slot loading ala the ps3 fat and slim. pretty sure it will incorporate deterrents to keep people from flashing the drives like perhaps a flex cable connection instead of standard sata connections.

14. 199
    twoboys

twoboys Loyal Member

So correct me if i'm wrong but this new slim unit will have slot loading, run nice and cool and quiet and have built in wifi?

PS3 Slim anyone?

I've said it many times in older posts on here and other sites - just where do M$ go with a refreshed/relaunched 360 or even a brand new console that will outgun what the PS3 has now. Where do they go and what do they add? Someone please tell me because I really don't know?

I own both consoles before anyone pulls the fanboy stuff and I personally like to get my money's worth out of my purchases and IMHO i think i am making a valid point. Hopefully, if this is all true, they have at least included a BluRay drive but there's not much chance of that is there? Surely in their next console?

Wonder how much this is going to cost?

15. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

blu-ray is nothing but some sony over price not needed dvd player, DRM for gaming.

ps3 cant handle 1080p and playstation move is downgrading games a level backwards to add 3-d.

So blu-ray is utter worthless for gaming. Slow as a turtle loading. No thanks sony can keep its drm.

16. 199
    twoboys

twoboys Loyal Member

Ok, but the math is simple. 9Gb vs 50Gb.

Like it or not, BluRay is the future. HD today and 3DHD tomorrow.

M$ need to put a larger format media into their next console, of that there can be no doubt. Games do not neccessarily get better over the years but they do get bigger.

My first console was a 16k ZX Spectrum in 1983 and I've had pretty much everything in between upto and including the two latest HD consoles.

It's a natural progression. It always has been. Just my personnal observations.

17. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

pretty much, some have said ms could use hddvds for the next xbox, but somehow i doubt it, i'd be suprised if they didn't use blu ray, unless they're gonna try for another possibly failed format.

time will tell.