hit tracker

Article: VIDEO: New Crysis 2 Trailer Makes Me ":O" Face

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by HarryMonogenis, Dec 18, 2010.

1. 409
    HarryMonogenis

HarryMonogenis BANNED FOREVER

2. 94
    thedove75

thedove75 Loyal Member

woooooooooow, that is looks awosome

3. 369
    rddr

rddr Loyal Member

So whats " :O" ? Sorry but this isn't crysis anymore, its a generic-FPS-shooting-aliens game now. And the city doesn't look alive as the jungle in the first game. :(

4. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

First Ea game that deserve. The only game that oppose to Killzone. 22 March is so distant...

5. 725
    Tsujin

Tsujin Loyal Member

If i buy this game, it'll be for PC.
    Can ps3/360 run crysis 2? yes
    Will it look anywhere near as good as it does on pc? Are you fucking nuts? hell no.

6. 338
    HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Loyal Member

But, this one has been developed with the console market in mind ;) I doubt it will have the wow factor of the first one.

7. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Then again, how much will a PC user have to shell out to get it to run well, if not perfect?

Consoles are always going to beat the PC in cost-effectiveness because all the required hardware is sitting right beside/under your TV, where-as a PC... if something is stopping it from playing as well as expected then it's you who's gotta pay for the upgrade, lol.

8. 725
    Tsujin

Tsujin Loyal Member

a PC that can outclass a console these days doesn't cost much at all.
    And if you want one that stomps on them easilly, you can get one for under $1000
    Expensive! i hear you say, despite the fact that the $1000 pc will more than likely look better graphically than the next generation of consoles will anyway.

And thats the thing too, you buy a console and your games always look the same, you buy that $1000 pc and not only new games, but all of the already released games, look a whole lot better than they did on console too.

then you have nicer benefits, such as capabilitys, ability to directly update the hardware, cheaper games etc.

Theres no contest, at all, consoles will never be as good as PC's for games, sure they're more convenient, but hey, if you're happy with sitting around playing games arguing over minor differences between 360 and ps3, waiting for the day sony or microsoft release their next console, then stick with that, i for one will sit here, and have the latest pc hardware, running games with graphics FAR surpassing the crap on 360/ps3, and more than likely surpassing that of the future gen of consoles too, right now.

9. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Damn right they are, I'd rather pick up a controller, switch on the console, start game... done.

PC is more prone to having accidental crashed due to whatever the hell you could be running in the background, consoles are dedicated.

You don't know that, no-one knows what the next generation of games will appear like on the PS4 for example.

But I'd like to see a PC run GT5 or GoW3 flawlessly like the PS3 can.

10. 725
    Tsujin

Tsujin Loyal Member

Piss easilly if they were actually out for PC, it's obviously noted that you avoided mentioning multi platform games because chances are the 360 version would be better than the ps3, and then the pc version would walk all over the 360 version.

But for your benefit, heres what happens when the PS3 version is better than the 360 version.
    http://microsoft.nyleveia.com/2010/05/20/split-second-but-which-version-is-better/

Sooo... the ps3 ain't looking so hot anymore is it.

11. 32
    neurobox

neurobox Loyal Member

I go more for the consoles ..... is not being conformist but I think a good video game not only are the graphics .... I'm still playing NES Ninja Gaiden 3 and for me is I have a good game the two consoles and a good pc .... and would not let my command a comfortable 10% 10% graphic improvements that would be offset by thousands of unique: D

12. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

If you pit PS3 exclusives to PC designed games, you absolutely cannot say that the PS3 is totally inferior, just look at Uncharted, Killzone 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and MGS4 for example.

You've got to remember, not everyone can afford £1000+ Rigs just to play the lastest games... which then in a few years would need another further hardware update/upgrade.

13. 126
    coresnake

coresnake Loyal Member

No
    Enjoy your Crysis 0.5: "Crymoar"

14. 218
    JBSleek

JBSleek Loyal Member

PC gamers are some of the most stuck up people. You have to justify a $2000 purchase come one. PS3 and Xbox have the community behind it and you know what your getting. PC gamers are graphic whores I swear. I thought us console gamers could be dicks towards each other but gosh PC gamers beat us all.

15. 690
    Mchief298

Mchief298 Loyal Member

I agree sleek. Graphics don't make the game, go watch a blu-ray if all you care about is how it looks...