hit tracker

As a long time Microsoft hater, I love Microsoft.

Discussion in 'Off Topic & General Discussion' started by Artlover, Jan 14, 2020.

1. 1,287
    Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
    Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
    Since my beginnings with a sx20 with 768kram, 10meg 5.25" fh hdd running dos 3.31 and windows 3.1, I have despised Microsoft on a whole, mostly focused on Windows.

Over the years, my opinions have not changed. If anything, they have been reinforced.

But then, something stupid happened. I paid for 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate, and realized a grand scheme by Microsoft to give you everything for free and pay you to play it.

Microsoft Rewards: I've been playing around with it off and on for many years. But finally got back into it seriously about 3 months ago. You know the drill. Do so many searches on bing, do so many searches on a mobile device, complete the daily trivia quiz, do it every day to get bonuses, complete simple quests like earn an achievement in a game.

You know what,you search for "y", then "yy", then "yyy", etc.. It accept it. Takes just seconds to do all your searches. launch a stream, don't even watch, exit right away, still get points...Buy anything, get points. Sometimes bonus points when buying something you want is a quest objective.

Cue: Get 4000 points for subscribing to a minimum of 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate. While at the same exact time, running a separate promotion to subscribe to 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for a introductory price of 1$. Paid for out of my Microsoft money. Boom. 4000 points, plus what I already had. Boom cash out time. Another 5 dollars. 4 dollars ahead already. Turn off the autorenew, and let it expire. Bought a game on sale, plus the extra GPU reward. Paid $10 for a $60 game and get another 4000 points for completing another quest. Another cash out.

Spend the 5 minutes a day doing stupid crap, and literally make $20-30 a month. MORE than enough to pay the $15/month for the GPU and still bank some for buying anything you want. Except, what do you have to buy. You get access to new, top shelf, triple A titles like Gears 5, Outer Worlds and stuff for free as part the GPU package. 100's of games for free. It becomes difficult to find anything to want to buy amid the free content.

Now I see the brilliance of this. A perfectly self serving loop that pays you to surf the web, pays you to give you free games and pays you to play said games, and pays you if you buy anything. For a simple $1 investment of money that was free to begin with. I then turned auto-renew back on, linked to the Microsoft account, that already has more than a enough free money to pay the monthly, that doesn't even start billing for 2 more months.

Maybe a lot of what is wrong with Microsoft is in fact true. Maybe their OS's are a g-d d--ned cluster f--k. Maybe they have created generations of stupid entitled "computer users".

But you know what, they have one of the best and most easily accessible loyalty programs out there. One that even haters of Microsoft can partake in and profit from. Absolutely amazing. Truly.

Only thing I'm spending money on is more HDD's to store all my game downloads on .

Microsoft, I love you. I mean, I still hate Windows with every fiber of my being. But I love you just the same. Thanks for all the free games.

2. 1,287
    Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
    Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
    edit: meant to say "386sx20" in the first line.

3. 25,461
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    yeah their xbox game pass ultimate is not bad deal, everything else about them sucks, but they got at least one thing right.

Artlover likes this.