hit tracker

Banned 360 pirates call and threaten to kill Xbox Live policy director

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 9, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 9, 2009 at 11:03 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    As you may know, MS has started a new wave of 360 bans and this has angered many pirates. So much so that the pirates actually made threatening calls to the director of Xbox Live's policy enforcement. Resultingly, the respective individual (Stephen Toulouse) stepped into an IRC channel where the problem seemed to start from and pleaded that the threatening calls to him and his family should stop.

You can read the full transcript over at <a href="http://burn360.net/xbox360/pirates-pass-threats-stephen-toulouse/" target="_blank">Burn360.net</a>. And it definitely looks like this is legitimate because Stephen Toulouse' Twitter contains the word 'cheesecake' as he was asked to post this on his page as proof it really is him.

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 9, 2009.

1. 0
      CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168 Guest

Now that is just sad. I was banned, I'm not gonna kill someone over it. It was my own damn fault.

2. 2,415
      crypysmoker

crypysmoker Loyal Member

Bothering people
      A hole in a box somewhere over the rainbow
      Sad pathetic little soiled brats.
      Oh, you banned me for me doing somethign im not supposed to and using pirated software that I didnt pay for... Im gona kill you.

Will be great when the FBI shows at the guys house and tosses his ass into jail where they should let then entire enforcment team beat him with their avatar lightsabers.

God I hate you damn stupid ass kids

3. 0
      BandBros

BandBros Guest

he always mocks the underground community, and then when he feels the heat and the upcoming gang anal rape, he starts begging them to stop. What a coward.

4. 613
      CharmedonWB

CharmedonWB Loyal Member

You geeks need to get a damn life--murder someone over a console ban? You modify your console--you get banned for it and now you want to whine about it? MS has every right to ban modified consoles. I have no gripes with piracy, but I do have an issue when you decide that somehow you are entitled to it.

5. 464
      DjoeN

DjoeN Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://users.skynet.be/DuNe
      Plain stupid,

If you modify your console and pirate, you know you gonna get banned someday.
      Play it fair, if ur banned, it's ur own fault! you wanna play live and use live stuff, don't modify the console or play pirated games.

It's only hurting everybody else and themselfs!

6. 0
      BandBros

BandBros Guest

they no longer just ban from Live, they also disable HDD installs in your own Xbox 360 console, corrupt saves and Arcade games

7. 588
      lostn

lostn Loyal Member

Did MS ban a member of al-Qaeda?

8. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

either that or a red neck who watches Fox news.

9. 93
      Stonington

Stonington Loyal Member

That or one of those NE Wiggers with his hat on sideways w/ all the tags on it and his jeans falling off his knees. pfft.

10. 156
      cinten99

cinten99 Loyal Member

Like a Fox news viewer could even afford an Xbox on their food stamps and welfare.

11. 101
      gui1e

gui1e Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      you can feel the hate for m$ at the moment, alot of people feel that the ability to play pirate disks out weighed the low value of DLC, poor console reliability and steep accessory costs. Now that M$ has banned them and screwed up their HDD's you can feel the hate and rage in the forums.

Death threats are definately way over the top!

12. 0
      BandBros

BandBros Guest

Fox red necks are too stupid to know how to pirate

13. 59
      stonemonkey

stonemonkey Loyal Member

besides the retardedness of this all, and no doubt the fbi will knock at his door.....

how does the ban affect your HDD??? I do not see how it prevents game installs, and goes in and corrupts save files. I understand the Live games downloaded. Can someone clarify this?

14. 613
      CharmedonWB

CharmedonWB Loyal Member

You guys need to stop with the racist commentary.

15. 23
      ShadowDweller

ShadowDweller Loyal Member

I also hate ignorant people, you assume that this person didn't make legal backups which they are entitled to by law, depending on which country they live in?

Not everyone downloads and pirates games.... personally i back up my disks and play them online as per the laws of my country, microsoft have removed my legal right and are also contravening this right in their TOS.

Also, the FBI may not have jurisdiction in his/her hometown ( lets not assume ones real gender either? :) )

As for the death threats, that is a little much..

Besides, Death is too much of an easy way out for this guy. ;)

Please read above, lets not assume things yes? i can do what i like with a console i own, i can use it as a door stop and set fire to it, if i so desire, and as i said, i am legally permitted to make backups of my software, so i will do so

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    16. 31
      xsam34

xsam34 Loyal Member

WOW how many people did get banned. Last week three of my friends got banned and i posted that we called MS claiming our system wasn't modded and if they don't unban us we switching to PS3 as a joke to see if they actually do it. Now people are calling in threats, that is just stupid. Really if you modded your system you know the risks and MS just protecting itself. Check out that video when Hitler got banned from xbox live.

17. 2,415
      crypysmoker

crypysmoker Loyal Member

Bothering people
      A hole in a box somewhere over the rainbow
      There are maybe what 6 countries that are legally alloed to have backups. and even then its a grey area. In the US we are not. Also, what noone eseems to realize is that when you buy a 360 YOU DO NOT OWN ANYTHING BUT THE ELECTRONIC PARTS. You are only licensed to use the software in the way that MS sees fit.
      Modifying the firmware is not in the "mabies" of the terms for any country.
      And about 2% of people who say they back up their own games actually do.

Plus.. if people were ripping their own games as much as people like to try and say.... what is the need for ABGX? if you ripped the game yourself, why would you want it to match someone elses through DMI, PFI and SS sectors?

18. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

sad, very sad....

Id say ... it was not him and was probably FBI scouting for info :eek: or anyone dumb enough to admit to doing it.

But Its good it stopped for him...dude is just trying to make a living and support his wife and dog... If all those people had the chance to have his job, they would have took it also and did the same thing and banned people.

19. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      I dunno but check out the amount of cheap 360's on craigslist this past week...a few mention being banned consoles but most are just people trying to rip off the unknowing.