hit tracker

Been outta the custom FW game for a bit...

Discussion in 'PSP Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by kiddbludd, Jan 6, 2011.

1. 24
    kiddbludd

kiddbludd Loyal Member

...and wanted to know what I need to get back up to date? I want to be able to

1. play the latest games (planning to buy Ghost Of Sparta, soon)
    2. be able to access PSN (if at all possible, not sure it ever was with customFW)
    3. play my PS1 games without having to re-buy them from PSN (as I did with the FF series)
    4. continue to run homebrew, particularly emulators.

Can someone catch me up on things since DaX left the scene? I'm still running 5.00 M33-6. Never had a single problem with it except that it's now outdated.

Thanks guys! and gals!

2. 24
    kiddbludd

kiddbludd Loyal Member

I guess I should sit tight to see what happens with this master keys development. Would be sweet to not have to worry about OFW and CFW anymore...

3. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

1 To play lastest games need 5.00 prometheus 4 (or to run it on 5.00M33 V6 need to decrypt it, or new games, with Iso tool 1.81 or above, but not all games can be decryptable.)
    2 Do you need a plugin called "psnlover".
    3 If you update to 5.00 prometheus 4, nothing change, while in 5.50GEN-D3, something is improved because 5.50 postation have a little bit large list compatibility.
    4 For this, rest on 5.00M33 or update to 5.00 prometheus 4 because it have 1.50 old kernel homebrew compatible. If you install 5.50GEN D3 for example, you loose the retrocompatibility homebrew function.

But your second post is correct, best way is waiting for "the dream" run all, on ofw or cfw...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2011
  4. 24
    kiddbludd

kiddbludd Loyal Member

So am I understanding correctly that I may not even have to upgrade or change my CFW? I can decrypt the games I buy to work with any firmware and access PSN with a plugin (without getting myself banned?)?

What's lost (or gained) in the update from M33 to Prometheus?

5. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

I know, It is bad english,:eek: It is horrible.

Best solution is to go 5.00 M33 V6 with Prometheus V4 for it. Use Psnlover plugin to play on linee ( I have tested it only con lastest ace combat and work, I don't know for other games). Updating to 5.00M33 v6 prometheus 4 you can play also lastest games without patch it with iso Tool.

6. 24
    kiddbludd

kiddbludd Loyal Member

Thanks! that's pretty awesome that I don't have to leave my 5.00M33 CFW, just update it with Prometheus.

Unfortunately, I just lost my PSP Slim. I'm ridiculously sad now after all the work I put into it. Hopefully, it's making someone else really happy.

If I got a PSP Go, would I lose all CFW possibilities? Would I have to rely on HEN? I don't really like the sound of HEN cuz it's like a limited CFW, but maybe you can enlighten me. Are there benefits over CFW?

(btw your English is great, I'm just a little slow in getting this stuff).

7. 11
    neverbugme2

neverbugme2 Loyal Member

I have been using 5.50 gen-d3 and it works fine.
    i don't have to apply any patches to games and
    i have alot of plugins running successfully including remotejoylite/usbhostfs
    which lets you play psp on the pc and allows you to play games from your pc on your psp.
    Its running nice. Although i couldn't get nethost which uses wifi to accomplish the same task to work with irshell the other day, gonna try again.

8. 2,907
    MaxMouseDLL

MaxMouseDLL Pink Flower Loyal Member

nethost is a serious pain in the ass... also, when you do get it working (you don't have to use iRShell to get the job done either), it's really laggy and slow...