hit tracker

Best place to find an all black 3DS XL with < 4.5 firmware in Europe?

Discussion in '3DS Resellers & Services' started by mahboaby, Jan 22, 2014.

1. 17
    mahboaby

mahboaby Loyal Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking specifically for the all black 3DS XL model. Anyone know a reliable (and decent priced) site for buying one with <4.5 firmware in Europe (that can ship to UK)?

2. 1,437
    powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

Nobody really cares about the firmware version cause gateway and it's clones are still pretty new.
    Find one online and ask the seller if he could could check.

3. 32
    SuperGouge

SuperGouge Loyal Member

Only place I know is here but I don't know if they're reliable and unfortunately they don't have the black model. Your best bet would be going to an actual store and check the serial number yourself. That's what I did and it worked perfectly.

For more information on serial numbers you can check this FAQ and this spreadsheet (for EU only). Following these instructions I was able to get a Silver one with 4.2 firmware by picking up a low enough SN (SEH104xxxxxx).

Good luck.

mahboaby likes this.
  4. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

When I got mine I just sent a message to everyone on ebay that had the model I was looking for asking them to check the serial number.

There is still a seller on ebay with a few new black XLs SUF103 for £170, I almost brought one from him a few weeks back until I found a new one with a game even cheaper. I can pm you the sellers username if you like as I'm not sure I should advertise it here...

I got a suf10359 and it was on 4.5-10E so bellow that should be golden, can't say for sure but anything above that could be risky. The spreadsheet that SuperGouge linked to it is what I used.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    mahboaby likes this.
  5. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

If you like to haggle or maybe need a few things all in one, go to the pawnshop. Do Europeans call them pawnshops? You can turn them on and say you are 'inspecting' them. Then haggle. If they don't haggle then try and bundle other things in, like movies or games. If you buy stuff they want to get rid of you can usually swing a deal. Half priced games, guitar picks, guitar cord that kind of stuff.

mahboaby likes this.
  6. 1,053
    gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Loyal Member

Yeah I got mine second hand was a good while back before gateway was released though but it was 150 and in pretty much brand new condition and got a game with it......the only problem with looking for second hand is that the serial number alone isn't enough to go off, but tbh it seems like not many people update them, I was asking people on ebay to check because my sister was wanting one and like 4/6 people I asked had a 4.x

7. 17
    mahboaby

mahboaby Loyal Member

Thanks folks.

I was about to buy one from an eBay seller, before deciding on checking out some local Tesco stores. Got super lucky and managed to get a black XL with an SUF from the 2nd store tried :)

8. 100
    skipclick

skipclick Loyal Member

9. 3
    placez

placez Loyal Member

Tons of 3ds with 4.5 and below firmware on ebay just search 3ds gateway

10. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

your local pawn shop is great place to wheel and deal if you're good at it.

11. 1
    angelwulf

angelwulf Loyal Member

Hi I have found a white 3DS xl with serial number SUF1032xxxx do you think this will have the right firmware please? I really hope so

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  12. 1
    ecxelon

ecxelon Loyal Member

This shop http://www.playmods.co.uk/en/3ds-consoles.html has brand new European 3ds XL version 4.5 and with free worldwide shipping.
    Read a few reviews from others that purchased the gateway 3ds from them and they seem to offer an outstanding service.

The console price is a bit high which is justified with the priority free shipping, however the gateway 3ds is the cheapest i have seen in europe at just 45.68 GBP

13. 4
    ronans

ronans Loyal Member

Just find a cheap one on gumtree or craigslist, ask the seller to check the firmware before you buy. I asked just 2 sellers before I found an XL on v4.2, only cost me £90 too including 4 (shitty) games. The best part is, most sellers don't know the value of consoles on this firmware :)