hit tracker

black screen after update via system update (4.5.0-8e) in GW mode

Discussion in 'Useful Tools & Tutorials' started by ndw, Sep 16, 2017.

1. 2
    ndw

ndw Loyal Member

tried to update via newest GW 3.7.2 (launcher 4.2.bat), it goes all well untill i want to update via system update in de GW mode. i keep getting stuck after the system update, i get a black screen and GW mode doesn't start anymore.

after i do a new formatt of the SD card i can go back again to GW mode, but i keep getting the system update error (black screen again after update via system updatet tab in the GW mode.

is there another way? did i do something wrong?

2. 320
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Hi ndw,

Gateway only supports 11.2 as EmuNand (at the moment).
    So you can
    - stay at 11.2 waiting till the Update is out and then update
    - make a 'frankenfirm' by updating only parts to 11.5 via cia installation
    - update to the public b9s solution
    -- so you can use 11.5 with luma but you will get no gateway to work (till the update)
    -- or use 11.5 as SysNand with luma and a 11.2 Emunand for Gateway.

depends on what you will do. My solution at the moment is the last one. So I got 11.5 for only online/buyed games and the 11.2 for the all in one Card backup solution + Cheat search function.

3. 2
    ndw

ndw Loyal Member

ehey sweatbox, thx for replaying, i think you don't understand my question. i have edition 4.5-8e originally. but when i do an update with the GW mode its doesn't work

4. 320
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

I havent understood you wrong - I hope.

Sum of System
    Your SysNand is 4.5.0-8E. You installed an emunand.

Aim:

Update Emunand to latest Version

Explanation:

If you update that emunand to the latest (11.6.0) you will end up with a blackscreen when you try to enter the emunand/GW-Mode. Thats how it should do because its not supported by gateway (at the moment)

Solution to get the latest GW compatible firmware:
    Lets take a shoot in the dark because I have no idea what your emunand version is. So if you want to update the emunand to 11.2 (what is the last supported Firmware by Gateway at the moment) you need to get the 11.2.0 cia files from lets say NUSDownloader or 'that' iso side. Put that cia (unziped without extra folder) into a folder named updates on the root of your sd card. Take care to choose the right region. Boot into your gateway mode and install that files by the homebrew 'sysupdater'. Now your emunand is on the last by gateway supported emunand. Congrats.

Update over 11.2
    If you want a more updated firmware to play online, you have the up listed options. In that options I can say more but first you have to make a decission what you want. To explain all the ways take to long and the most solutions could be answered by a searchside i.e. google.

Have i still the wrong idea ... sorry dont want to fool you, but my english is not so good and your infos are not so clear.