hit tracker

Buzz dev: Xbox 360 is ugly and noisy, PS3 is a bargain

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 17, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 17, 2009 at 1:28 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    The boss of Buzz! has launched an attack on the 360, claiming not only is it ugly but also noisy. However, the boss has clear love for the PS3 calling it a bargain and pretty. Apparently, the PS3 is the only machine his wife allows in the living room and his Xbox broke.

<blockquote>So says Buzz! boss Andrew Eades, who has delivered his verdict on the console war.

Eades is executive director of Relentless Software, the Brighton-based Sony-exclusive independent developer behind the popular Buzz! series and the upcoming PSN-exclusive murder mystery quiz game Blue Toad Murder Files.

When asked for his honest assessment of the PS3, Eades answered: "It's great. It's got better and better. The new Slim is excellent. I bought one already. I really, really enjoy it. It's the only machine that my wife allows in the living room. The Xbox was exiled to my office until it broke."</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.videogamer.com/news/buzz_dev_wades_into_console_war.html" target="_blank">VG</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 17, 2009.

1. 2,073
      showstopper

showstopper Loyal Member

The only machine his wife will allow. This dude needs to grow some balls.

2. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      That dude really is a wuss like buzz..haha

3. 1,587
      Jinx13378

Jinx13378 Loyal Member

Grow some balls, you giant man-p***y.

I bet he kisses prostitutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    4. 323
      richbambam360

richbambam360 Loyal Member

Postie
      That and her own personall F****ng Machine

5. 173
      ecsw

ecsw Loyal Member

wait until you all have a wife. :p

I have both in my entertainment room. Wife allowed. :D My Xbox360(Arcade Jasper)'s DVD ROM is very LOUD even with brand new original game disk.

I used to think my PS3's fan (160GB fat) is loud. Put them side by side and I can't even tell if my PS3 is on without looking at the power light.

6. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

What is this obsession with consoles? I thought you bought a GAMES Console primarily to play GAMES, although BR is an argument of course but the BR players are getting cheaper all the time so that argument is decreasing all the time.

7. 415
      doxology

doxology Loyal Member

yeah to me the bluray player arguement is over. the individual players are better and they are getting way cheaper. the PS3 having bd playback is irrelevant to me now.

8. 3,209
      Trashcat

Trashcat Loyal Member

360 may be noisy but its by far not as ugly as ps3slim which looks more like popstation3. 360 does look like a coffee machine and old ps3 looked like a fridge but they had their charm, not unpleasant to the eye, and don't look like a cheap Chinese knock-off.

9. 799
      faceless

faceless Loyal Member

Home Page:
      if he bought Bejeweled 2 on XBLA, i bet his wife would have allowed it in the living room... chicks love bejeweled...

10. 387
      cafevincent

cafevincent Loyal Member

360 is definitely noisy but I think the all-white arcade version looks freakin' awesome!

11. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Slow news day?? OMG a sony exclusive dev thinks the PS3 is the best....wow what wonderful insight whats next some guy from Rare talking about how wonderful the 360 is?

12. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Yeah.. Console exclusive devs is kinda "fanboys", and they would never flame the console they make exclusives for.

And as others mentions.. "fanboy news" is nothing to write about. Its better to have no news, than have like this.

I have both PS3 and 360, and 360 is the most silent and i will tell you why.

PS3 is very noisy when the CPU fans kicks in games like Uncharted 2 and many others.
      The DVD drive on 360 is noisy as hell, but if you install the games to HD...360 will be as silent as a Nintendo Wii, as 360 dont need to spin the discs anymore when playing.

360 fans is always silent, so when you install the games.. you get a silent console. ;)

13. 2,591
      EL_CAD

EL_CAD Loyal Member

My PS2 is much louder than my 360 and it's inside the TV cabinet, while the 360 sits on a shelf above the TV. Though some game disc in the Dreamcast make some very scary noises at times. I do have a couple used 360 disc that are kinda of loud but most are fine. Once the game, music or movie gets going the loud speakers drowned out all other noise anyway.

My wife tried to move the consoles to the basement once, I just got her Animal Crossing and that ended that idea. That game is like crack to chics.

14. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      this guy for real?

im sure he bought the tv. the house. the furniture. why does he listen to what the wife says is allowed in the room?

im suprised he didnt say something even stupider like the ps3 wasnt allowed in the room because its not ipod white and my wife loves ipods and macs.

15. 456
      Nomad121

Nomad121 Loyal Member

Funny how all you guys comment on this buzz dude, but yet I doubt any of you are even married. Face it, Xbox is a toy for kids and is butt ugly, he didn't say that Xbox didn't have good games, he just implies that you should hide it.

16. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

the 360 isn't really ugly, and it's near silent when playing games off the hd.

it's alot better than the crappy looking ps3 slim.

but the ps3 fat has everyone beat in looks.

17. 2,591
      EL_CAD

EL_CAD Loyal Member

Married for 13 years. I think my white 360 looks great sitting on my shelf between my Wii and 2 Sony Mega CD changers.

You know what is really ugly? That octopus of wires know as the Buzz!/Think Fast controllers. What a mess that turned out to be. The games aren't good enough for me to justify replacing them with the new wireless ones. Plus the family prefers playing 1 vs 100 even though it only supports one person at a time.

18. 415
      doxology

doxology Loyal Member

unfortunately all my friends who are married own a 360 and not a PS3. I do know younger teenagers that had mom and dad get them a PS3 though. i think both systems are pretty equal right now, i think that the last couple of months though has supplied the PS3 with better exclusives.

19. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Married 18 years here...The wii is in the living room with the old big screen, the PS3 and 360 are hooked up to the LCD in the family room where we spend most of our time. Wife likes them sometimes plays along with the kids and I. Aesthetically the Wii and 360 fit better with my decor...but style wise the PS3 looks much cooler.