hit tracker

Calibration data says not copied - is this a problem

Discussion in '360 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by delt31, Jan 21, 2010.

1. 0
    delt31

delt31 Guest

Liteon has been successfully flashed but it said calibration not copied in the data log. Is this a problem? Could this be a ban flag? Anything I can do to get that copied? I have 83 version 1

2. 137
    cccrrraaazzziii

cccrrraaazzziii Loyal Member

i have a 843 v1 xbox an a 943... it seems u onli get the calibration data.. when u do the propa dump via the MRA hack.. an nt the half draw crap... nt too much is known about the laser calibration data yet

regards

3. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

once you write to the drive and overwrite that original fw that was on it,without having fully dumped the fw first using mra method you have lost the laser calibration info forever.only way to obtain it is to mra dump the drive to get the full original fw.

whether or not its a problem in future where xbox live is concerned i do not know,i think noone knows so you have no choice now but,to sit and wait and see what people find out who know more about it.the info is not written to the drive in the first place if i understand what oggyuk has said about it.whether it shows calibration not copied or calibration copied over dont matter,unless you hexedit the laser calibration and enter it manualy into lt fw it wont exist there,jungleflasher does not copy it and write it over full stop.

and from what i see with my dumps i get it is different,even though ever so slightly to the one that lt has.
    :)

4. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

I dont believe the data is that important because if you change your laser because of bad reads etc then the data would be different,and when you get a repair done by m$ if they change the drive it would be different from your original, the early reports about laser failure were probably just bad lasers anyway or incorrect cleaning of laser as a lot of people do when they get the drive out, i have seen a lot of lasers cleaned with incorrect fluids ie nail varnish remover,meths,lighter fluid etc.
    Lasers are calibrated on a test rig on asssembly the pot is there to help the original calibration of the unit,thats why when a new laser is fitted all you do is remove the antistatic joint and it goes.

5. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

its not a matter of what anyone believes,its about being as safe as one possibly could.not having your own unique calibration data (and it does differ from lt) is just 1 more thing wrong with the fw you are using.

lt puts more responsibility in the users hands,when people get banned with lt they cant turn round then and blame c4eva when they use crap backups,no calibration data or one from lt so on and so forth.

so now those who dont have it are basicly -1 already.i mean using the lt fw or any fw is -1 anyways as your vunerable the moment you put it on the drive where you are not without it and original fw and original games.you just dont keep adding to the count.

6. 20
    sexyali

sexyali Loyal Member

could you not just use the calibration data in the origional firmware supplied with LT!!!!

7. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

you could but,thats for a donor drive/console for the fw in the first place,your 360 has its own calibartion info,also a lot are using it,therefore you have the same as them if you and they used the orig.bin from the lt package,which if possible makes it identifiable to ms if they ever manage to target it.

8. 20
    sexyali

sexyali Loyal Member

i take this is supplied for people who are flashing a previously flashed drive, but even still i believe there is a certain +/- % which the laser reader needs to fall in. so even if you use another drives firmware then it's all ok as it's within that range, hence why it is supplied in the firmware.

(dont take this as gospel, i'm just voicing my opinion.)

9. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

thats not the point,microsoft rarely get it wrong,trying to make oneself feel safer with excuses and thought up reasons wont stop the ban hammer,if they could use the fact that your drive is not running the calibration info that was originaly assigned to it then they could,its put there for a reason.

c4eva was not stupid,he already asked that this info should be added to jungleflasher,prevention is better than the cure.he cant provide you with your info its up to the end user to sort it out,if you use the donor you do what many others have done and end up using same info,if microsoft can exploit this fact they will or might.just because people assume they are not using this info against people now (when they actualy could be) dosnt mean that they wont in the future.

you got choice,either use it from the donor if you dont have it,or get it from mra dump of your drive but,that can only be done on drives that have never been flashed.

10. 237
    OggyUK

OggyUK Loyal Member

The problem is:

Some drives have blank data, does this mean they are not calibrated??

I have 15 * 93450c OFW here, dumped from virgin drives.

12 are unique, 3 are blank

3 are upgraded from 83850c by MS to 93450c.

I bet you can guess which 3.

11. 137
    cccrrraaazzziii

83450 v1 or 2 oggy??

so we can assume that only the 934 drives ave this calibration data

12. 237
    OggyUK

OggyUK Loyal Member

1, 2 were v2's, the 3rd had no indication

2, Assume nothing

Oh and 3,

Its in the 83850c dumps I have too

13. 137
    cccrrraaazzziii

lmao sorry Master... thou shalt not assume!

err ye... ill take a mra dump of a 743 an see if theres calibration data on a full dump

14. 20
    sexyali

sexyali Loyal Member

so your theory is in the x million of xboxes sold not 2 drives (same manufacturer + revision ) will have the same calibration? (i'm making a presumption there is a range for this calibration)

15. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

best is not to speculate anything,at end of day its the same old,age old thing.new fw comes out and people want to know this that and the other.simple answer was given time ago.use it or dont,simple.whether its necessary now or in future noone knows.

you might as well ask what microsoft checks will be now and what tricks they have up their sleeves for the future.noone bar the people who create the security and checks knows,its still the same cat and dog scenario,chances are always strongest in microsofts corner,it has always been up to now,why would it be any different in the future?but,again,this is purely assumption nothing more and nothing less.

16. 237
    OggyUK

OggyUK Loyal Member

I could check my 74850c dumps, but I wont bother.

Its possible 2 drives could have matching data, but thats 2 in how many 360's?

Ive checked 18 OFW's now for 93450c, still only 3 were blank, and all 3 were upgraded by MS.

cccrrraaazzziii - You'd need to take a few dumps ... In case that model *just happens* to have one for all ...... :rolleyes: