hit tracker

Can anyone recommend an NFC dongle for Android?

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by Vague Rant, Jul 6, 2018.

1. 1
    Vague Rant

Vague Rant Loyal Member

I have an N2 Elite and an Android tablet that doesn't have any built-in NFC support. I don't have a desktop PC, so the PC-side adapter isn't any help to me.

I'm aware that there are NFC dongles/adapters which plug into the micro USB port on an Android device, but I have no idea if anyone can confirm having tested one with an N2 Elite. Sites like AliExpress have a lot of Android NFC dongles for between $20 and $50 ... a handful of them are read-only, so definitely not useful, but others claim to do both reading and writing. Can anyone confirm that one of these would work?

2. 5
    Avenger2000

Avenger2000 Loyal Member

I can’t help you with this. But I can tell you that this board has been deader than dead. I couldn’t even get a response about the android version in the post below yours.

3. 80
    deloreancowboy

deloreancowboy Loyal Member

Not that I am aware of. Didn't know NFC dongles existed for Android phones as most mid to high grade Android phones have NFC built in these days.

4. 5
    Avenger2000

Avenger2000 Loyal Member

Thinking about it, I would get an inexpensive older NFC phone instead. It's a better bet than an uncertain dongle.