hit tracker

Can't install menuhax

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by Robin-Bobin, May 14, 2017.

1. 1
    Robin-Bobin

Robin-Bobin Loyal Member

I've been using Gateway for over a year. Booting with browser. But I find this method too inconvenient as it requires me to have internet connection. So I decided to upgrade and install the menuhax. I followed through the newest official tutorial but stuck at step 7: when attempting to launch the menuhax manager the lower screen just stays red and the upper one is black. What could go wrong?
    The system is old 3DSXL, firmware 9.2.0-20E

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. 27
    fira10

fira10 Loyal Member

I have the same problem as well, I can't seem to pass that part. Every time I tried, it will just stuck with red screen on the lower part. Anyone knows how to fix it?

3. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

....... hmmmm......
    Did you downgrade by any chance?

Edit: if you did downgrade to get to 9.2 read this whole thread. I dont know where to find the files or anything anymore but we went through some very similar things.

http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/black-screen-after-launching-gateway-menu-with-menuhax.40759/

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  4. 1
    TEMPACCOUNTHERE

TEMPACCOUNTHERE Loyal Member

Hey, I just made this account to just to let you know and others in the future on how I fixed it!

You have to install
    udsploit
    From here https://github.com/smealum/udsploit/releases/tag/1.0

1. copy "udsploit.3dsx" into /3ds
    2. Boot into Homebrew
    3. Install udsploit
    4. Press start to exit the installation after finishing
    5. Menuhax should be installable

Apparently udsploit enables access to the kernel therefore allowing menuhax to be installed!