hit tracker

CECHB01 BLUETOOTH GOING BAD ?

Discussion in 'PS3 Hardware Repairs & Problems' started by TinyInkognegroT, Jun 18, 2019.

1. 3
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Loyal Member

received_485268385353209.jpeg received_510063796196794.jpeg I think my Bluetooth antenna went bad...

I bought a couple of 3rd Party PS3 wireless Bluetooth controllers. I bought them solely for PS2 gameplay on the PS3. I have other 3rd party wireless controllers but they connect via USB adapter and I can't play PS2 games on PS3 with USB connected controllers. Took them over to a friend with a Fat PS3 and they connected to his system with no problems...

Did some research and it boils down to the Bluetooth antenna...tricky thing is I have the original launch 20gb CECH-B01. The Bluetooth antenna board in my system is different from the other Fat systems. Mine doesn't have any Wifi modules or antennas, just a WLAN module/antenna. The 40gb, 60gb, and 80gb Fat models have the CWI-001 board but with the Wifi antennas/modules. I'm not interested in adding the wireless internet connection on this system, I just want my controllers to connect via Bluetooth so I can play my PS2 titles. Can I use the board from those later Fat models with the Wifi antennas/modules, only to use the Bluetooth antenna/module to connect these controllers ? Or will I have to buy the exact same board ?

I've read several forums kind of relative to this, but with only interested in adding WIFI to this model, never speaks on how the Bluetooth portion from other Fat models works with this model.
    received_485268385353209.jpeg received_510063796196794.jpeg

2. 3
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Loyal Member

This is the board from other Fat Models (40, 60, and 80gb). I only have the 2 Bluetooth antennas and module and the WLAN antenna, no wireless antenna or module on the 20gb (CECHB01). Can this board replace my board and my Bluetooth problem ? USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--45567656.jpeg