hit tracker

Cex To Dex To Cex Tutorial by yayes

Discussion in 'PS3 Modding Tutorials' started by windrider, Oct 13, 2012.

1. 42
    windrider

windrider Loyal Member

self employed
    Cex To Dex To CEX Tutorial
    WARNING!! Backup your CEX Flash Dump!! Don't Deleted it Or You In DEX Forever

Im not responsible for any problems/bricks the members suffer and that they'll do it on their own risk.

Make Sure You don't Have Spoofer Installed

Download kmeaw3.55
    Code:
    http://www.ps3devwiki.com/files/firmware/MFW-CEX/
    Multiman 04.06.02CEX

Code:
    http://store.brewology.com/get/homebrew.php?id=24&fid=412
    Multiman 04.06.02DEX
    Code:
    http://store.brewology.com/get/homebrew.php?id=24&fid=413
    The Rest Of Tools Here

Code:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57125852/CEX_TO_DEX_TO_CEX.txt
    Archive Content

Backup tools
    1. genGP3_v2.2
    2. Open BDEMU HDD Manager
    3. PkgView_1.3
    4. ProDGForPlayStation3v420.1.0
    5. PS3 Game Updater 1.41
    6. PS3_Generator_Tools-330
    7. PSN_Package_NPDRM

Convert tools
    1. cex2dex
    2. dtbImage.ps3
    3. eEID_RKDumper
    4. NAND-dtbImage.ps3

qa_flagging Tools
    1. CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL
    2. qa_flag_extra.pkg

Firmware
    1. 4.21DEX
    2. 3.55DOWNGRADERDEX
    3. OFW3.55DEX
    4. 3.55DEX_MFW_Created_By_Yayes

TUTORIAL

No Need To Format your HDD
    No Need To Installing LINUX As Well
    If You Have Thropy Error After Convert To DEX Just Launch Rebuild Database From Recovery Mode

Copy Updater Folder To dev_hdd0

Part1: qa_Flagging Your Console
    1. install CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP
    2. install qa_flag_extra.pkg and run it
    To Make Sure You Have Succesfully Integrated qa_flag in your console go to network setting (don't enter network setting) and press L1+L2+L3+R1+R2+Directional button Down
    and you can see edyviewer, debug setting, install packages menus
    3. Turn on system Update DEBUG in debug setting

Q: Why I Must qa_Flag My Console ?
    A: This Need When revert Back to Cex So We Can AVoid Brick

Part2: Dump Your Flash And Root Key
    1. check wether your console nand atau nor CLICK !!! Here
    2. install Latest multiMAN (CEX Version)
    3. plug your usb to your PS3 and Open multiman and Open Filemanager (select+start) Select any file > press O > open in hex viewer > press Select+start > choose yes on option dump your flash storage (Otherwise Choose NO) file will copied to USB extension .norbin (nor console) Or .nandbin (nand console)
    4. install eEID_RKDumper.pkg then remove your USB then run eEID_RKDumper
    5. open multiman go to file manager
    open folder dev_hdd0/temp then copy eid_root_key to usb (48bytes)

Part3: Convert your CEX Flash To DEX Flash
    1. extract cex2dex.rar
    2. Load your Dump Flash in tab Nor/Nand Flash Dump
    3. Load your Root key in Metldr Dump TAB

Click CEX > DEX and save file with name 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN (for nor console)
    355DEX.EID0.NANDBIN (for NAND console)

Part4: Convert Your Console To DEX Machine
    1. copy 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN (nor Console) to USB and plug it to your PS3
    2. open multiman > filemanager then double click 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN in USB and Choose yes>yes>yes
    3. quit multiman
    4. turn off your PS3 Using Controller PS3 (Don't Turn OFF Using Power Button)
    5. Then Power on Your Console Using power button
    6. install 3.55DEX.PUP from XMB

Revert Back To Cex
    1. install 3.55DEXOFW (not downgrade one) then install multiman CEX (Latest)
    2. then Flash You Console Using Flash Cex You are previously dump
    3. turn off your PS3 Using Controller PS3 (Don't Turn OFF Using Power Button)
    4. Then Power on Your Console Using power button
    5. install 3.55kmeaw.PUP from XMB

i myself have installed this on Nand CECHG01 with no issues. Pretty quick and simple tutorial to have Dex 4.21 running on your system.

2. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

I would have to recommend BdEmuPartitionTool by Aldostools, because Open BDEMU HDD Manager is buggy and wont receive any updates.
    When building .emu use Ps3gen neither one of these tools. I recommend Aldostools BdEmuPartitionTool because he built it from my suggestion of ps3gen building BDEMU game partitions at 46GB only, thus wasting alot of space. I could change this in Hex and rather than have people hex edit their hard drive like me, he built this tool and it can do just that; change partition size to be game size (or any size) rather than 46GB every time.
    (Open BDEMU HDD Manager can not do this and everything it can so can aldostool with cleaner code)
    Also Aldos is always open to suggestions and works with non devs 100%

3. 23
    penjejakawan

penjejakawan Loyal Member

Hi,

Trying to follow this step. My PS3 is Nor(slim version) and after using minverchk, show 2.7 and above.

When doing this step :

"3.plug your usb to your PS3 and Open multiman and Open Filemanager (select+start) Select any file > press O > open in hex viewer > press Select+start > choose yes on option dump your flash storage (Otherwise Choose NO) file will copied to USB extension .norbin (nor console) Or .nandbin (nand console)"

This one come out "Do you want to export GameOS LV2 memory to a file?" and "Do you want to export HV LV1 memory to a file?". I tried to choose Yes for both question and this file being created :

1. 20121016-231720-LV1-FW3.55.BIN. Size is 16MB.
    2. 20121016-231720-LV2-FW3.55.BIN. Size is 8MB.

May I know why I don't have files as mention with .norbin ? Which one is actually NOR flash dump, to be use when using cex2dex?

And after running the eEID_RKDumper.pkg, i got the file "eid_root_key" without any extension. The size is 48bytes. So, when try to load METLDR Dump, program cannot find the file which the file is actually there.

Please help me.

4. 90
    chr15m

chr15m Loyal Member

Rename `eid_root_key` to `dump`
    when you click onto METLDR Dump you should see it

navigate to mmOS (start + select). open the file browser, and click O on any file, then select open with hex editor. Press select to open LV2 view, then press start to dump. You will be asked 3 questions...dump LV1? select no. Dump LV2? select no. Dump flash? select YES. Do it 4 times. You will be left with 4 .norbin files on your usb drive.

* MAKE SURE YOU VERIFY YOU NOR/NAND FLASH WITH A HEX EDITOR *

download hex workshop trial version and press ctrl+k. now select the first two .norbin files and press ok. Scroll all the way down and make sure EVERYTHING on both files is green. If there is any yellow it means something did not dump correctly, and you have to start again. delete ALL dumps and do it again 4 more times. If everything is green, press ctrl+k, select the third .norbin in the bottom field, and compare them...then do the fourth. If everything is green in all 4 dumps, move on. if you find ONE difference...even one, delete all dumps and start again. When you've verified your dumps are good, copy one to your computer, and rename the .norbin extension to .bin....then copy the 4 original .norbin flash dumps to a safe location for storage, in case of emergency.

5. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

Choose NO to GameOSLV2 and HV LV1, choose NO to everything until it says dump FLASH memory.

To find eid_root_key browse to the folder its in and then next to File Name type *.* and then hit enter it should now show it. (This file is hidden by default)

NICE i see chr15m edits his post right after i post this. :(

6. 90
    chr15m

chr15m Loyal Member

i still love ya PB :witless:

7. 21
    wh4t3v3r

wh4t3v3r Loyal Member

im going to be doing my ps3 in the next few days, im not a novice, but the amount of reading im doing just to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible is unreal ;)

1 question i have is im on TrueBlue-3.55-CFW-v2, do i NEED to go to original firmware 3.55, as i have read a few threads about not having to.
    i know its probably best, but any info appreciated.

8. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

You cant go to original firmware because then you can't use multiman to dump flash or any pkgs like eid_root_key dumper, so go to Kmeaw 3.55

9. 21
    wh4t3v3r

wh4t3v3r Loyal Member

thats what i meant (all this reading), going to Kmeaw 3.55, should i definitely do that

10. 42
    windrider

windrider Loyal Member

self employed
    I agree that Open BDEMU HDD is buggy. It screwed my hdd up.

I do use Aldostools BdEmuPartition Tool to resize my hdd to fullest, and add slots etc.

I then use ps3gen and its bdemu hdd manager to create emu and write to hdd.

I just kept yayes tutorial as is, but thanks for the input for others.

A lot recommend going from a CFW to another CFW, to first install OFW in between.

So you could install OFW 3.55, then install the CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP as in PART 1 of the tutorial.

11. 6
    king123

king123 Loyal Member

i have a ps3 downgaraded, the actual installed firmware is rogero 3.1 ( this version includ a spoof 4.11 ).
    Is it secure to install from factory mode the "CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP", or should i unistall the spoof then install "CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP".
    i have seen that the downgaded model have to be dehashed before installing any other FW, as mentioned in this post :
    http://www.ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/2567-Downgraded-PS3-to-OFW?p=28883#post28883.

could any one help me please to convert my actual Rogero CFW to DEX.

12. 42
    windrider

windrider Loyal Member

self employed
    You definitely need to dehash first. So once you have done that, you can then install the CFW and begin the tutorial.
    The spoofer will then be gone, because you can use the CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP as your CFW after installing the OFW 3.55 when dehashing.

I have sent you a pm as well.

13. 7
    tidehunter07

tidehunter07 Loyal Member

Addicted Gamer
    hey dude... can u help me. when i convert my ps3 slim to dex i didnt toggle qa my ps3. so any chance that i can toggle qa my dex ps3?

14. 9
    meetdeath

meetdeath Loyal Member

hi all any help would be great
    i have a cupple of questions that i would like to ask first one is nor or nand my serial is CECH03 i think its nand can some one conferm for me
    secound question is i have a external hard drive 1 tb with about 600 gig worth of games on it do i have to format it so i can use it when i go dex? if so can you just instal games on the ps3 intrnal hard drive with ftp type program? iam already afraid of doing this and trying to make sence of it all
    this is my first post so plz forgive me if its in the wrong place

15. 42
    windrider

windrider Loyal Member

self employed
    Just run it and try it. Let us know how it went for you. It won't hurt anything

16. 42
    windrider

windrider Loyal Member

self employed
    It is a NOR - http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/SKU_Models

The drive does need to be formatted by the PS3. Do you have another drive to copy the 600GB too

Then once its formatted I believe I have read somewhere about people keeping the hdd for other stuff as well as bdemu.

Will have to search it out for you

17. 1
    patm08

patm08 Loyal Member

Good day!

I'm on DEX 3.55 and I want to go back to CEX. I didn't qa_Flag my console when I went DEX. Is it safe to revert back to CEX? What should I do instead? Thank you.

18. 12
    Otkon

Otkon Loyal Member

I can't remember if I QA flagged my CEX before I converted it to DEX. So I kinda have the same question.

From everything I have read here, the Factory Service Mode method would appear to be the way to go regardless. From what I can figure, putting it into FSM while reinstalling the patched CEX CFW preempts the soft brick that would require a dongle to fix. I just want to make sure.

19. 11
    jinx10000

jinx10000 Loyal Member

I lost a lot of the stuff on my PC including the original CEX NORBIN. I have the DEX NORBIN on a thumb drive. Is there anyway to go back or am I stuck?

Actually nevermind. I found it in a rar file I made as a backup. Does this sound right? 20121006-141925-FLASH-NOR-FW3.55.NORBIN

20. 2
    mehrab2603

mehrab2603 Loyal Member

I have this same question. Can someone please answer?

Edit: Didn't QA Flag before converting to DEX. Flashed CEX dump anyway. Got brick. Fixed with a PSP using PS3Jig. Now on Rogero 4.30 CEX :D