hit tracker

.CIA and .3DS curiosity question

Discussion in 'A9LH & Custom Firmware Discussion' started by Forever1972, Feb 27, 2017.

1. 18
    Forever1972

Forever1972 Loyal Member

Hi there,

I hope this is the best section to post my question.

The situation is that I own one O3DS XL with Gateway card and Emunand 10.6 and an O2DS with A9LH, Luma, Decrypt9, ... FW 11.2.

After I got 3DSconv to work on my PC I wanted to convert some of my 3DS files (which I use with the Gateway card) to .CIA to be able to install them on my 2DS. 3DSconv would not convert the files so I did a little recherche and found that the .3DS files must be "decrypted" and I believe mine were "encrypted".

I read that my 2DS can "decrypt" the .3DS files what I did. ... and really, after that I could convert them into .CIA and install them on my 2DS.

I thought well, if I have the CIAs now I can install some of them as well on my O3DS. Here starts the curiosity/ problem. I can't install any generated CIA on my O3DS no matter if I use FBI or title manager (BBM). At about 99,9% both installers say the CIA is not valid. In general I can install CIAs on my O3DS XL what I did with e.g. FBI.

After that I put some of the decrypted .3DS files back to my Gatway card and they did not work anymore either. There are with frames in the menue and the games do not load. Luckily I kept the "untouched" .3DS files and they still work normal.

So here is my question: Can anyone tell me why the files I decrypted with my 2DS and converted with 3DSconv work fine on my 2DS but neither the final CIA nor the decrypted .3DS work on my O3DS with Gateway?

Does the 2DS set any marks during decryption so that the files only work on that special 2DS afterwards?

Is there a way to make those CIAs instalable on my O3DS?

Thanx for your feedback and opinions!

Best Regards

Forever1972

2. 357
    Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Some reading for you.
    This will explain how to convert from .3ds to .cia.
    I am pretty sure you must be on cfw though.
    I changed to cfw and have not looked back

3. 18
    Forever1972

Forever1972 Loyal Member

Hi Gaming Freak,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately there is no link in your post where I could read something.

After decrypting the .3ds I could easily convert them with 3DSconv (which is the latest and most recommanded way to convert) and install them on the N2DS with luma.

On my O3DS I can install all kind of "untouched" CIAs (so Emunand is a kind of CFW, isn't it?) but for any reason not the ones converted with 3DSconv. I am looking for answer why I can in instal those converted CIAs to my O3DS with GW Emunand.

Thanx again!

BR

Forever1972