hit tracker

.cia issue with Japanese N3DS

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by Trubo, May 20, 2015.

  1. 123
    3
    0
    Trubo

    Trubo Loyal Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    I'm trying to get my N3DS ready to go for a trip this weekend, but I'm having some issues actually playing an installed cia game.

    I ripped the game data from a physical cartridge I had (brand new) and think I properly converted it from .3ds to .cia. Afterwards I installed it onto my N3DS with DevMenu and no error messages popped up. However, whenever I attempt to load the game from emunand, I get the japanese equivalent of this error message telling me to power off my N3DS.

    [​IMG]

    Here's all the information I think is relevant:

    • SYSNAND = 9.1.0-20J
    • EMUNAND = GW3D 9.1.0-20J (my understanding is that there isn't a reason to update to 9.5)
    • Game - US Fire Emblem Awakening
    • When I was converting to .cia, I was following the information in this guide.

    The only thing that comes to mind is that, using the above, when prompted to undo region locking on the game, I chose not to since I figured this wouldn't be an issue with GW. If this is where I messed up, then I can just restart back to there and see if that corrects the issue.

    Edit: Something I forgot to mention. When I ripped the game and generated the xorpads files, I was using my O3DS since I don't want to mess with the N3DS back plate more than I have to. Could this have caused the issue?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  2. 317
    26
    0
    hto60

    hto60 Loyal Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2014
    Location:
    Picardy, France
    Have you tried to install that CIA on your O3DS to check if it's from the console or the CIA?
    To have ripped the xorpads on your O3DS won't affect anything.
     
  3. 123
    3
    0
    Trubo

    Trubo Loyal Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    That I have not done yet. Was about to try re-installing it onto my N3DS after having it disable the region locking to see if that made any difference. I'll try that after I get the N3DS going.

    Edit: Same error on the N3DS even with disabling region lock in the method explained above. Trying the O3DS now.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  4. 123
    3
    0
    Trubo

    Trubo Loyal Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Since I'm already asking questions, does it matter if I use DevMenu or BigBlueMenu, or are they both supported on the N3DS?
     
  5. 123
    3
    0
    Trubo

    Trubo Loyal Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Feel silly bumping my own thread but yeah, no go running it as a cia file on either the O3DS or N3DS, so most likely I screwed something up in the conversion process. Don't have time to mess with cia installation anymore, so just going to load the roms onto my red cart and play with wireless off for now.
     
  6. 123
    3
    0
    Trubo

    Trubo Loyal Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Used a different 3ds->cia program (probably me selecting wrong options is what caused the problem, this fully automated one didn't have those options) and managed to get a working .cia file. Going to test to see if it works on my N3DS, then I'll probably just format the N3DS' sd card to clear up any issues on it.
     

Share This Page