hit tracker

[CLASSIC][TUTORIAL] How to play new ISOs without umd inserted

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by Escultor, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 65
    enb141

enb141 Loyal Member

I would like to see this for DevHook 2.71 :confused:

2. 27
    cptmarginal

cptmarginal Loyal Member

I have tried this with two different ISOs and it has not worked. I get the same result as a couple of other people in this thread, which is a black screen followed by the PSP turning off. I would really appreciate any tips on getting this to work as I have hit a dead-end. Maybe a different x folder for runumd?

Broken UMD drives suck, my homebrew takes forever to boot up ever since it stopped working. I think it's just a short in the cable...

3. 51
    thugangel_luqz

thugangel_luqz Loyal Member

x files?

same ere ive been trying 2 download games 2 my psp for weeks! i still dont get it!

does this method work?

so lemme get dis str8... u get the .iso that u want 2 play and put dev hook (latest version) and install run umd. but whats this about the x folder.. its relli confusin

thanks a billion 2 d person hu helpz me out

also could u carry on from that bit and i know im dumb so please put a lil bit of detail in so my miniscule brain can apprehend :p

4. 51
    thugangel_luqz

...actaully mochzr's post was quite helpful but he missed out the part about run umd!!!

so can someone fill it in for me please...

fanxxx:D

5. 51
    thugangel_luqz

think ive found out about x folders ... they're the files created when you first run umdprogram

yeh so ive followed the guide i think and i end up with start error

my cso is tekken dark resurrection (usa version)

my firmware is v1.50

i have no clue what im supposed 2 do so if sum1 could kindly explain the part about the umd program upto the end more or less (dev hook) in some kind of detail where even the dumbest of the dumbest would understand.

thx sooo much:eek:

6. 0
    lazeeya

lazeeya Guest

using devhook .46, trying to boot tekken.cso without a umd, i have the "x" folder, downloaded from some site, followed all the instructions and didnt work. i know for a fact this tekken.cso file is good, because i've played it before back when my UMD drive was working, and was using devhook to play. my firmware is 1.5, i used the ultimate installer for devhook, so all the files are in the right place. and i have the patched RunUMD as well. what's happnening? thanks.

7. 0
    Alekserb

Alekserb Guest

Psp Noob

ok so my psp drive has been broken for quite a while and i didnt know what to do untill i came across this beautiful fourm and started to read all these ways of playing psp games without a UMD ... the only probelem im having is that im a complete moron and i dont understand most of these tutorials very well so if anyone has a guide for idoits like it would be very much appreciated :)

by the way if anyone can get where im coming from i think ive set up everything like some of these guides say and when i use devhook and use all the settings the screen goes black and turns off or when i switch the firmware to 2.71 it just tells me this game can not be played (823blahblah)...

and thanks alot guys and keep up the great work!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2006
  8. 7
    theodevil

theodevil Loyal Member

i tryed for about a week to start tekken us or eur on my broken psp but nothing work, only tekken i managed to start was a patched version of the japan one, but without the possibility to save, maybe you should try that iso instead of the us one

9. 17
    mochzr

mochzr Loyal Member

Continued...

sorry this is a very late update on my previous post

From here on I'm assuming you've correctly downgraded (Possibly twice) and installed DevHook using the Ultimate Installer. Now we just need to install runumd and the x folder

Assuming G:\ is your PSP, extract runumd.zip (which contains 2 folders) to G:\PSP\GAME\runumd and G:\PSP\GAME\runumd%. Extract the X.zip file to G:\X (so that it's in the root directory).

When booting your ISO, boot DevHook and do the following IN THIS ORDER:
    (remember "circle" is select and "triangle" is back)

1) select 1.50F as your firmwire
    2) select your iso (or cso), then select NOUMD
    3) select 333 Mhz or 222 Mhz (222 is more compatible)
    4) under boot select, select RunUMD
    Optional, may increase compatibility:
    5) under other menu, select UMD SFO Version, Select 'no change'
    6) under other menu, select preload address, select 0x892000000

Now go back and start!

Note: Some CSO compressed games will run slower than normal (ie colin mcrae rally) if so, run the original ISO. you can use "CISO Utility" to convert back and forth from CSO and ISO. Also, I've gotten this to work w/ 80-90% of ISOs i've come by. If any one has tips on running Winning Eleven 9 or Megaman Powered Up, any advice is welcome

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2006
  10. 0
    Alekserb

Alekserb Guest

ok so ive followed the your newoutline and im pretty sure ive done everything youve said from but it seems to when i get to DEVHOOK (ver.0.44) and i use the settings and click O on start it just ends up freezing and eventually powering off

... im using Pirates Of The Caribean ..can anyone help???

Thanks

11. 28
    BadBoyTC

BadBoyTC Loyal Member

None yet.
    Home Page:
    http://www.badboytc.007ihost.com
    @mochzr
    I dont get this, OK I've installed Dev Hook 0.46 (Latest one from Booster) onto my Memory stick and the folders thats on the ROOT NOW is DH, PSP and ISO.
    So when I install the X its not exactly going anywhere, Shouldnt the stuff in X folder go into DH?

12. 17
    mochzr

mochzr Loyal Member

try starting from the beginning

1) make sure u downgraded from 2.00 and not 2.71
    2) try the newest version of devhook, install with the "Ultimate Installer" program
    3) make sure you have the X folder in the root directory, as well as the runUMD files I posted (those are already pre-patched to run automatically w/o any delay)

13. 0
    Alekserb

Alekserb Guest

!!!

ok ive re traced everything that this fourm has said and still whenever i enter devhook and enter the settings and click O on start it just stops and eventually turns off ?????????? im going crazy trying to figure out what it is im doing wrong

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP :(

14. 17
    mochzr

mochzr Loyal Member

what ISO are you trying to boot?

15. 0
    Alekserb

Alekserb Guest

ive tried a few of them from pirates of the carbiean to lumines and nfs...

16. 17
    mochzr

mochzr Loyal Member

@BadBoyTC

The X folder goes in the root folder (like G:\X)

@ Alekserb

I'll send you my whole PSP memory stick folder later, so basically if u have the downgrade done right (2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.0 -> 1.5) . Hang in till then

17. 28
    BadBoyTC

BadBoyTC Loyal Member

None yet.
    Home Page:
    The newest dev hook 'Ultimate installer' v1.1 what I got of Psp Hacks doesnt have the disc emulation.

I never even had 2.71 - where did you get the idea I had 2.71 from?
    I have always had 1.5 - from when I bought my PSP

The only thing thats wrong with my PSP is that when you put a ANY UMD in it will say 'This disc could not be read'

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2006
  18. 0
    lazeeya

lazeeya Guest

i bought my PSP as a 2.0 and downgraded to 1.5. did everything listed above, and it simply just freezes. i used to "ultimate installer" and it installed devhook .46 GUI MOD 3.3. and i have the x folder and the patched runumd. so pretty much i have everything done, tried booting tekken and fifa2, and it froze. i know for 100% sure that those two ISO's i have are good, because i've played them before when my UMD drive was still working.

19. 28
    BadBoyTC

BadBoyTC Loyal Member

None yet.
    Home Page:
    @lazeeya
    That ultimate installer installs the latest and greatest dev hook but it doesnt have the 1.5 umd emulation, coz Ive tried it.
    Im NOW using dev hook 0.45 which does emulate isos I tried it with tekken and juiced both working fine have a trouble saving with tekken but eassily fixed.
    Or you could wait around 2 weeks - 1 month for Dark_Alex SE-C(Special edition revision C) which will be able to play ISO/CSOs with UMD.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2006
  20. 17
    mochzr

mochzr Loyal Member

The latest DevHook does have 1.5 emulation for games... Games like Ridge Racer (release game) will work in DevHook w/o the use of RunUMD. You just load the ISO, select Firmwire 1.50F, and go. I've tried it myself, it works fine.

Combined with runumd, it will run most games. (LocoRoco works perfectly)

Keep in mind only the Japanese Tekken works, and that's after the PPF patch.

RunUMD is NOT perfect, it will not run all the ISOs that DevHook will run w/ a working UMD drive. I would say that it runs 80-90% of them.

Please keep in mind what I've described only pertains to the newest DevHook, Installed by ultimate installer 1.1 Any other version probably isn't accurately described here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.