hit tracker

cobra arrives tomorrow.

Discussion in 'PS3 Installers & Repairs' started by insomniac, Jun 22, 2014.

1. 20
    insomniac

insomniac Loyal Member

Composites Engineer
    i thought i would say hello while im waiting on my ode coming from oz.

so hello. :)

ive fiited a few xkeys to the 360s and while they arent hard to do they are a walk in the park from what i can gather compared to these cobras.

the hardware side seems easy enough but its the configuring and the operation of the cobras that im really having trouble understanding.

i have checked youtube but there are very few english speaking vids showing step by step.... usually there is a h/w install vid then they never do the software side :(

anyhow..im all excited -dhl have my parcel and it should be with me tomorrow.

i have a fat 60gb cechc03 and a 3tb ext hdd ready to go.

with mine being bc i have all my ps2 isos ready but again the ps3 iso situation is messy so i have some games d.l but not isos- not like the 360's , where you get an iso , run it though agbx and its done.

anyhoo , dont want to ramble on

is the cobra-ode.com out of action ... none of the pages load for me

2. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

The team moved to a new domain: http://www.team-cobra-ode.com/
    But eversince the move the page is a mess and most of the time won't load and is extremely slow.
    But there are lot's of mirrors to be found here for certain files. And anything you can't find just ask I have most on my Mediafire account.
    Anyway, first you will need to update your COBRA ODE to the latest firmware version, do you know what version COBRA ODE you will be getting?
    Is it a v3, v4 or v5? This you'll need to know and note down for future updates, the update procedure is a bit different for the v3/v4 and the v5.

But we can help you with that.

Then a problem a 3TB disk won't work on the COBRA ODE the max supported is 2TB and partitioning it won't help.
    As for the files on the eternal HDD best thing to do is grab one of my HDD packages and copy these over to your HDD after you formatted it NTFS and after that copy the games over to the right folder.

As for a source for COBRA ODE ISO's I can send you a list to my Usenet uploads if you want, they are ready to go game ISO's that you'll only have to copy to your HDD and that's it. It's a list of 200+ games.

Any other questions let us know here and send me a PM if you'd like the list of Usenet games.

3. 20
    insomniac

insomniac Loyal Member

Composites Engineer
    thanks for the reply :)

Im not sure what version i will be getting - i bought it from OZmodchips
    http://www.ozmodchips.com/cobra-ode-p-470.html

thats a shame about the 3tb hdd..i think i have a portable 1tb somewhere

[​IMG]

thats what i have at the moment...i have stripped and cleaned the ps3 of all the filthy mcnasties that were hiding on the undersides.

Hopefully i can document my install on the forums so it can benefit others who might be unsure like me. thanks for the offer of help :)

if its any help im on 4.55 offical sony firmware and the console still can go on line but it tends to freeze if connecting via wireless, but i dont intend to go online with this ...thats what my xbox is for.

i'll send you a pm