hit tracker

Cobra DMC shuts down PS3 slim 3k when ejecting the boot disc

Discussion in 'Support for the older Cobra USB Dongles' started by marcus.miranda, Mar 9, 2015.

1. 8
    marcus.miranda

marcus.miranda Loyal Member

Guys, I've installed the Cobra DMC in my PS3 3k 4.66 according to the installation manual but when the DMC is ejecting the boot disc the PS3 shuts down abruptly.

My Cobra ODE is the 4.20A and I've tried with pretty much all of the FW since 2.1 up until 2.4, which does not work with my PS3. With 2.4 the console does not recognize the Cobra ODE and acts as if I had nothing installed, the original discs load as if I was in PT mode.

Do Cobr FW 2.4 needs PS3 OFW 4.70?

I've installed the DMC like this:
    Plugged the cable from the Drive to the DRV, Motherboard to MB and MAIN to Cobra ODE JTAG.

Any hint?

Thanks!

2. 6
    lowis_07

lowis_07 Loyal Member

hello you've found the solution I have the same problem as you. identical've tried everything.

3. 27
    DennisvanBussel

DennisvanBussel Loyal Member

did you use the same side cables?

I found out that when you update your device the cobra ode DMC needs to be connected. If you update before it's connected it doesn't work. reupdate your bootloader - mcu - fpga.

Make sure that your cable's ar far enough in the connectors. can you upload some pictures?

for the PT mode:

Cobra Team:
    Since we have removed the Hardware Passthrough mode from ODE FW 2.4, we suggest that users use ODE FW 2.2, if they wish to update the OFW of their console to 4.66. ODE FW 2.2, still has the option to enable HW Passthrough mode providing you are using the USB Clip on PCB. After updating the console OFW to 4.66 you can update to ODE fw 2.4 again.

4. 8
    marcus.miranda

marcus.miranda Loyal Member

Hello!
    Yeah, I've used the same side cables and updated the ODE with DMC attached.
    I just reviewed my cable connection and they are good.

Just updated to OFW 4.70 e flashed 2.4 again with no success. The PS3 acts as I didn't have any Cobra ODE installed and the Boot disc appear as the disk itself.

Any clues?

5. 27
    DennisvanBussel

DennisvanBussel Loyal Member

What ps3 do you have?

*Try using the extra usb port at the back of your ode for extra power.
    *Is the switch on your back of your ode on PT or EMU?
    *What is your cobra.cfg file saying?

6. 361
    EAGLE-1

EAGLE-1 Loyal Member

do you fix the problem??? because i have some ps3 slim they do exact the same thing,in the exact momento when i select " ejec disc" the disc comes out but console shuts down :-(