hit tracker

Cobra Manager doesn't appear !

Discussion in 'Homebrew & Tools' started by LoCk3d, Jun 27, 2014.

1. 7
    LoCk3d

LoCk3d Loyal Member

Expert
    I have a CECH3004 with Cobra ODE 4.20 QSV . It was on firmware 4.55 and firmware 1.9 but i noticed some freezes and decided to update to firmware 2.1 . Now , the Cobra Manager doesn't appear in the menu anymore . PT mode works , when i connect the HDD in EMU mode i have a green light in the back . I read that 2.1 update sets the default manager as Cobra Browser , is this the reason why the manager doesn't show up anymore ?
    I did not update to 4.60 , it's still on 4.55.

2. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

To make sure you have the latest versions and the cobra.cfg setup correctly, I suggest you download one of my HDD packages and copy these to your external HDD.

3. 7
    LoCk3d

LoCk3d Loyal Member

Expert
    I follow that "Tutorial: How to prepare the HDD (with preconfigured packages)". Now, when i open CD in PT mode, screen is frozen.

4. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Something else must be wrong with your setup as my HDD packages do nothing to the PT mode.
    Do you use the switch on the back?

5. 7
    LoCk3d

LoCk3d Loyal Member

Expert
    Yes, i switch on the back. When I update appeared two colors, red, fast blink purple, blink red purple for 1-2 minute after light off. Files mcu.rom , fpga1.dat and fpga3.dat. I update something wrong?

Sorry for my bad english.

6. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Did you do them all one by one?

Also due to a bug in the firmware the back switch doesn't work for PT mode use the option in the Browser/Manager it's the Soft PT mode.

7. 7
    LoCk3d

LoCk3d Loyal Member

Expert
    For fpga1.dat, red, fast purple, fast red, after light off. And for fpga3.dat, red, fast purple, after red all time.

That's my problem , i can't get any manager ! So i can't test the soft switch . I tried PT mode to diagnose the situation ... When i start a disk it goes black , also with a PSn game it goes black screen . In Emu mode i have a green light in the back , that would mean my HDD is recognised ? I read that some people have problems with update 2.1 , can i revert to 2.0 ? Or ..are these the symptoms of a bricked ODE ?

8. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

You can go back to 2.0 yes that's no problem.
    It's not a bricked ODE, a Bricked ODE wouldn't do anything at all, no lights nothing.

9. 7
    LoCk3d

LoCk3d Loyal Member

Expert
    Can you give me,please, files for FW 2.0 and tell me in what order to put them and what colors would need to occur? I search for files but not find anything...

10. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

The link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/g46nf7bu8qqxmzz/Cobra_ODE_MCU_v2.0.rar
    As you already updated to bootloader 1.3 no need to update that again.
    Choose the correct FPGA images for your board revision.
    First you do the MCU, then FPGA1 and then FPGA3 always do one by one and always fully power down between each step and wait a minute or so before proceeding to the next step.
    For the MCU the light should flash purple for about one second, then a quick flash of purple and then red.
    For the FPGA1 the light should flash between purple and red for about a minute then it goes off.
    For the FPGA3 the light should flash between purple and red for about a minute then it should go to red.
    After that reboot and connect your HDD and power up again.

11. 7
    LoCk3d

LoCk3d Loyal Member

Expert
    For MCU , flash purple, then blink red (for about 1-2 minute), then light off.
    For FPGA1 , flash purple, then light off.
    For FPGA3, flash purple, then blue (for about 1 minute), then red.

Why ? :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  12. 7
    LoCk3d

LoCk3d Loyal Member

Expert
    I solved. Update bootloader FIRST, and then update firmware 2.1. Thanks for help.

13. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

I thought you already did the bootloader the first try didn't you?
    Anyway it's solved. =-)

14. 11
    Shiyam

Shiyam Loyal Member

even myself have same problem but i am getting only browser in video and game no manager

15. 15
    ShadowX27xxx

ShadowX27xxx Loyal Member

Guys I need help.. I downloaded DEADPOOL game. now when I opened the cobra manger I doesnt appear.I double checked it in may laptop to see if the game was there and it is there. I tried to convert it once again in to iso and when I launched the cobra manger it still doesnt show. It is the only game that is not showing in the cobra manger. Please help.. Thanks In advance