hit tracker

Cobra Manager problem

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by Deadman19, Oct 3, 2013.

1. 24
    Deadman19

Deadman19 Loyal Member

Hey, guys. I have a little problem with Cobra Manager. I bought one Cobra ode a couple of days ago and someone with more experience than me installed it in my console. Everything went just fine. Here are two pictures of how the installation has been made:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So... when the external hdd drive isn't conected to the ode, the led turns red

[​IMG]

and green when the hdd is connected.

[​IMG]

The XMB Manager Icon looks like this in the first case

[​IMG]

and like this when the hdd is connected:

[​IMG]

The problem is that if I try to start the manager from the XMB when the hdd is conected, it just keep showing the same error:

[​IMG]

and with the error code 80010006 when the hdd drive isn't connected. I have tried with 3 or 4 different boot discs but nothing changed. I've also checked the list of the supported boot discs and every one I've used is listed there. The file structure is also as the one shown in the user manual:

|
    |_ COBRA
    | |
    | |_ cobra.db
    | |_ manager.iso
    |
    |_ PS3_GAMES

The partition is NTFS too. I've also installed the latest updates of the MCU(1.4) and Manager(1.3) but nothing changed.

Any help?

2. 24
    Deadman19

Deadman19 Loyal Member

3. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Don't forget to update the bootloader too. Latest version is 1.2
    Do things work normal in PassThrough mode?
    Also please re-download the manager file and make sure you always safe remove the USB drive from the pc. Things might get corrupt without doing so.
    I also see no isolation underneath the board, please use the Cobra ODE sticker for this, it's double sided so will keep your ODE secured and isolated against the metal Blu-Ray drive shielding. Otherwise it might short things out on the underside of the ODE and cause strange behavior.

4. 24
    Deadman19

Deadman19 Loyal Member

I've just updated the bootloader to 1.2, same problem. In Passthrough mode everything is fine, no problem at all. I've reinstalled the manager too, but still nothing changed. And the board is double isolated, so no worries about it.

5. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

If you put the manager files on the stick you used to update the firmwares on what does it say then?

6. 24
    Deadman19

Deadman19 Loyal Member

I put the updates on the FAT32 partition of the external hdd. If I move the Cobra folder to the same partition, the led is red.

Can you tell me exactly how the updates must be done? Maybe it's something that I miss...

7. 1,036
    magneto

magneto Cobra ODE Support Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.cobra-ode.com
    Which game disc did you put in the drive? Try with a different one, there might have been an error in the database, we will be uploading a new database soon.
    The FAT32 partition must be the first partition of the HDD, user manual explains how to do the update. If you do not see the LED flash purple after connecting power, then it has not been updated.

8. 24
    Deadman19

Deadman19 Loyal Member

As I said, I tried with many different games: Uncharted 3(BCES01175), God of War: Collection(BCES00791), Heavy Rain(BCES00797) and Bleach: Soul Resurrection(BLES01315). Same problem at every one of them. And about the update, I've coppied the .rom file on the root of FAT32 partition, I've disconnected the power cable from the console, I've connected the hdd with the FAT32 partition and then I put back the power cable in the console, and the led did flash purple for ~1 second, indeed. I just thought it's something that I miss.

9. 1,036
    magneto

Home Page:
    Sorry I missed that. Which firmware version is your PS3 currently on ?

10. 24
    Deadman19

Deadman19 Loyal Member

Now it's on 4.50. The ode was installed when the console was on 4.46 though and it had the same problem. I've only installed the last official firmware because I thought that maybe it will solve the problem, but it didn't. Everything I've tried on 4.50 I've tried on 4.46 too. Just the update of the bootloader is the only difference.

11. 74
    Danilo Scala

Danilo Scala Loyal Member

Q: When I run the game, it shows error 80010007 or returns to the XMB directly:
    A: You generated your iso using a modified rip. DUPLEX releases will modify the EBOOT.BIN which makes them invalid, there will usually be a EBOOT.BIN.ORIG file in the rip, simply replace the EBOOT.BIN with the original file and regenerate your iso.

error 80010006 I corrected this error by changing the hd or memori stick not compatible with the cobra .. I had this error, I change 3 flash memory and two hard drives to fix

12. 24
    Deadman19

Deadman19 Loyal Member

I've already saw that, but I don't even have an .iso on my external hdd. There are just 2 folders: COBRA(with manager.iso and dobra.db) and PS3_GAMES which is empty. Just as it says in the user manual. Besides, I can't even try to run a game as it is said there because the Cobra Manager doesn't start. The error is shown when I try to run the manager, not a game. And as I said before, it doesn't start even if the external hdd is not connected. It just keep showing me the same error when I try to start it from the XMB.

13. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

No the same as the Q & A, his error happens when he starts the manager not a game. But probably due to corruption or HDD not compatible.

14. 74
    Danilo Scala

error 80010006 I corrected this error by changing the hd or memori stick not compatible with the cobra .. I had this error, I change 3 flash memory and two hard drives to fix...
    ***I was testing and did not put the game, just the manager. I had this problem.

here here's what I wrote in my topic
    """hardware work great , but software (cobra) no update and "Cannot find Hard Drive. Make sure HDD is plugged into the USB port" "" Hard drive does not contain a valid NTFS or FAT32 partition""-- error 80010006 ...... 8001050F.. i use only fat 32 for update with bootloader and mcu .. i put cobra manager too only for test. pt work, emu not""

15. 24
    Deadman19

Deadman19 Loyal Member

But you had error 80010006 when your hard drive was connected. I get the same error when there isn't any hard drive and 80010007 when the hard drive is connected. I don't think it's the same thing.

And even if that's the problem, how can we know which hard drives are compatible with cobra and which aren't.......?

16. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

When no HDD or flash memory is connected the manager won't start of course because the manager is on the HDD or flash drive.
    Just try any memory stick for now try as much as you can find, see if any will work, just to troubleshoot. Format it as ntfs and put the COBRA folder with the manager.iso and cobra.db in it.
    And add the empty PS3_GAMES folder to it. Now see if it will start.
    Always safe remove from a windows pc!!

17. 1,036
    magneto

Home Page:
    If the drive wasn't compatible, it wouldn't have worked even in PT mode. Did you try using multiman as the manager ? Which versions of the manager did you try ?

18. 24
    Deadman19

Deadman19 Loyal Member

Still, I will try with another 3 or 4 different flash drives later to be sure the hard drive is ok. And about multiman no, I didn't try it. If you could tell me how to install/use it, it would be great.

19. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Just rename the MultiMAN ODE version. Rename it to manager.iso and replace the file on your USB drive in the COBRA folder.
    CanĀ“t find the download link to the latest ODE version. I think it was 4.46.06

20. 74
    Danilo Scala