hit tracker

Cobra ODE or REBUG cfw?

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by tsselle, Apr 5, 2015.

1. 15
    tsselle

tsselle Loyal Member

I just recently came into a downgradable PS3.
    which should I do? CFW or ODE?

Some info- I have an un modded ps3 for online things, so I dont really care about online, just what is easiest for backups, and other things.

2. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

Hands down I would go with a CFW over a ODE. There are many more options and more freedom over a ODE and personally the only times one should go with a ODE is if your ps3 is non downgradable.

3. 15
    tsselle

tsselle Loyal Member

Would you recommend daul booting ofw? Or should I just keep the second one got that?

4. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

If you are looking to go with a true dual boot system I would look at soldering a E3 flasher and go that route, because you can boot the OFW off of the E3 and then have the CFW on your ps3 NOR. In my opinion it is one of the safest and versatile setups.

5. 15
    tsselle

tsselle Loyal Member

Damn. While I don't doubt I can do the soldering, I was hoping to avoid that much of it. But I should probably do it that way, for sake of doing it right.

I already have a new e3 on the way, but I was hoping to use the clip, and just solder the two wires for dual booting.

6. 504
    DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc Loyal Member

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=60937

Check out that tutorial, Joonie86 put it together.

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  7. 15
    tsselle

tsselle Loyal Member

Yeah, that's the guide I had looked at. I know I CAN do it with just the clip, even the the guide says soldering would be better if you have the skill. I just wasn't wanting to solder that many wires, because while I've done things like ur before, it's been awhile

8. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

I am just going to issue this word of warning here, although I have used the clip at least 100x for downgrades I would highly suggest against it for a long term solution for dual boot. The reason I say it is because it can be so flaky at times! Dont get me wrong here you still do a fully successful dual boot system it is I am just saying your overall dependability is greatly diminished for the long term.

9. 15
    tsselle

tsselle Loyal Member

Find to practice soldering then. Lol

10. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

If you really want to learn soldering make sure you get a decent soldering iron like a Weller and a good fine tip it will save you tons of headaches when working with printed circuit boards.

11. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

CFW hands down!!!! Anyone telling you ODE is doing some really whacked out drugs! :D

12. 15
    tsselle

tsselle Loyal Member

I mean, luckily, i know how to solder, and I have done work this small, it's just been a good while. So I'll just practice a bit before I do it.