hit tracker

Cobra ode - qsv - no icon on xmb

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by cobralover, Jan 18, 2014.

1. 17
    cobralover

cobralover Loyal Member

Hello,

Everything is installed correctly but I have the following problems:

I put the ODE in PT mode and I insert a disc in bluray(GranTurismo 5, BF3), but I don't see icon of the game in XMB. I changed in EMU, tried to update MCU & BOOTLOADER but I don't know if the process was successfully.

I will try to record a video with my camera and upload to youtube, maybe someone will help me to fix this situation.

My PS3 is CECH 2504

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  2. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Did EMU work or not?
    Did you see purple lights when flashing the MCU and the bootloader, if not it's not flashed.
    What cables did you use?
    Do you have pictures of the installation and the soldering?
    How do you know the soldering was correct?
    The troubleshooting guide says this:
    So that's where I would start looking first.

I never trust this, 75% of the installations with problems are wrong. So never assume it is installed correctly.
    Report back with the things I asked and let me know what you have tried yourself.

3. 17
    cobralover

cobralover Loyal Member

EMU is not working because I don't see the icon on XMB.

Yes, purple lights and after that I received a solid red.

Used Type C - 300mm for PCB and Cobra ODE and Type F 370mm for QSB sata and Cobra ODE.

I will post a video about the soldering.

http://imgur.com/7Pd6afk
    http://imgur.com/hjneTn6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8cZbc38e_s

http://imgur.com/7Pd6afk
    http://imgur.com/hjneTn6

youtu.be/L8cZbc38e_s

Now I have another problem, when I tried to update firmware from 4.50 to 4.53 I received this error : 8002F14E

I made a research about this error and someone said the ribbon cable is the problem. I disconnect and reconnect the cable and the problem is still there.

What do you think?

4. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

100% for sure the soldering it's one giant mess. Bring it to a pro and hope the mainboard isn't damaged.
    The error probably has to do with it trying to communicate with the BR drive which it can't for obvious reasons.
    So stop looking the problem is the soldering, let a pro try to fix it.

5. 17
    cobralover

cobralover Loyal Member

God. I hope the mainboard isn't damaged, I will try to find a pro.

Thanks for support.

6. 45
    gas

gas Loyal Member

Its not damaged this error show because the ps3 couldn't update the BD drive ..

7. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Did you even look at the pictures? Chances are it's quite damaged, they already had to take signals from the traces the solder pads are gone I see several high temperature spots on his mainboard that could have damaged the mainboard.

hjneTn6.jpg

8. 45
    gas

gas Loyal Member

OMG I didn't see this .. btw this erorr means no bd attached to the mother board .. or the bd drive not the orginal for that system ..

9. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Which you can understand comes from the soldering as there is no good communication possible with the BR drive. =-)

10. 312
    Alfredo Guilenea

Alfredo Guilenea <b>Ferrari's Engineer</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Spani Loyal Member

OMG!!!!!!!

please, clean the SATA QSB with some alcohol and a toothbrush to clean the flux away and take a picture so that way we can see if you damage the tracks or not.

btw, why did you use those little wires to bridge?
    did you scracth the tracks and solder the wires to the QSB?
    i can see at least 10 things wrong with that QSB

and please people dont solder the ground first. is better to solder the little ones first

11. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

ARMITAGEIII <b>Mustang SuperSnake</b> Loyal Member

the long of the cables maybe is the problem ,even damaged and overheated a LOT ,that cables are too long ,ive repaired hardware using that method but long cable means noise and lost of energy/data. bring it to a professional and NEVER use more that 30w to soldering hardware so small

12. 17
    cobralover

cobralover Loyal Member

My moder told me something like this: "on mainboard exist some capacitor wich block the qsb to be 100% flat on mainboard". I have a CECH 2504 PS3, what do you think? is that possible?

13. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

You paid someone to do this? I'd ask my money back if I where you. This might be true but even then he should be able to bridge those connectors others have done it, with good results. You can also trim the QSB so it fits flat on the Mainboard.

14. 17
    cobralover

cobralover Loyal Member

My cousin soldered this QSB, YES I paid a pack of 12 beers. FUCK!

Now tell me a good method to refund what I paid. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  15. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

(irony mde on) make him refund the beers you cant allow this¡¡¡ (irony mode off) is very messed up the mainboard seems so damaged by overheat and the soldier pads are burned out ,even a professional would be in trouble with that i think.the only way could be clean the mess , follow the nodes to a point where they are not burned and make a bridge using very good cables ,i would use for example the ones inside a RJ-11 cable ,the same that uses any old telephone line, pick the wires inside the big one and use them to bridge all the mess.

pd:edited because my orthography sucks , im sorry c_c

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  16. 17
    cobralover

cobralover Loyal Member

FIXED! I paid a pro and now I can play GAMES! HELL YEA!

17. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Lucky bastard!!
    Have fun with the ODE!

18. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

glad to hear that ,have fun ¡¡¡

pd: pay some beers to the pro dude ,hes a god xD

19. 17
    cobralover

cobralover Loyal Member

Now I have some freezing problems with my Cobra-ODE, after 2hrs of playing I shutdown my PS3 and I comeback 4-5 hrs later to play again some GTA5( I know it's fuckin nice:) ) then after 4-5 minutes of playing suddenly GTA5 frozen and I had to unplug from power source to be able to reset my PS3.

I know this problem is HOT TOPIC and really want to know if this will be fixed in future with a software update or I have to buy another Cobra revision.

By the way when I put in PT and insert my BF3 original disc my PS3 will freeze.

Thanks!

20. 303
    parenghames

parenghames Loyal Member

do you still have those wires on the qsb where you bridge the connection? I had a problem where my emu works flawlessly, while pt mode is not working. it's because of those additional wires you added on the qsb. sata doesn't accept this according to the pro who fixed one of my qsb connection. about the freezing problem, reballing the soc of ode may fix this problem. it was tried and tested here in my country.